Master Fan

Ringer Episode 10: "That's What You Get Trying To Kill Me" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 10: "That's What You Get Trying To Kill Me"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"That's What You Get Trying To Kill Me"

IGNORANCE IS BLISS - Henry (Kristoffer Polaha) begins to target someone as a suspect in the disappearance of his wife Gemma (Tara Summers) and realizes he must work with Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) to find out more information. Malcolm talks to the police about his suspicion of Charlie (guest star Billy Miller), while Juliet (Zoey Deutch) develops an unhealthy obsession with her teacher Mr. Carpenter (guest star Jason Dohring). Meanwhile, Agent Machado (Nestor Carbonell) meets with an informant (guest star Amber Benson) back in Wyoming. Ioan Gruffudd also stars. Stuart Guillard directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.
Mid-season finale time, so speculate/Discuss away!

Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for this, especially as it'll have to tied us over until January.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm really looking forward to this one. I think things are going to get a LOT more interesting for Mr. C.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm excited for this episode. I hope we learn a little bit more about Mr.C and that this episode is so good that it can tide me over till they come back from break.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

I'm expecting good things for this ep but sad that it's the last one til January.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow! There was a LOT to digest there.

And, on top of everything else, I think they're going to keep us guessing about Mr. C for a while -- which means, either way it plays out, Jason has some VERY juicy material to work with.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just can't shake the feeling that Juliet got mad when he made it crystal clear that he didn't share her feelings so she made up a vicious lie to get back at him. Although unforunately we don't much about him either way like you said this could give Jason some great material to work with.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll just copy all my opinions from the other board:

Quote:
Considering Bridget is socking Mr. C in the face during the promo for January... yikes, I don't know.

My first thought was that Juliet is making it up to get back at him for spurning her advances. It's a horrible thought, but so is the alternative. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Secondly, they've categorized Juliet's feelings as an "obsession" and... sadly, obsessions never end well. The people harboring them usually blow a gasket or have a psychotic meltdown, and the person on the receiving end gets caught in the crossfire. Grah, I hope they fix this.

Quote:
Apparently, there was an Ausiello spoiler that stated a new show starting with "R" would have a false rape accusation story. I think that's about as much confirmation as we'll get right now.

My first acknowledgment was that YEP. SHE'S LYING. Although I would never be so quick to judge in real life of course. But yeah. My stance right now is... liar liar pants on fire.

But a part of me is glad if this is the case. The alternative would have broken my heart. At least if she's lying, things can be fixed and mended on some level.
AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Ugh I hate that they made the storyline go this way, regardless of whether it means Juliet cried wolf or not. I was hoping to see a mentor like relationship so I'm disappointed it went down this path. That being said, it will give Jason some meaty material to work with.

On a side note in regards to the promo, about time Sarah and Jason get a scene together!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I was hoping for the mentorship too.
I am not happy with this storyline, no matter which way it goes.

(But YES to SMG and JD sharing a scene! Even if she's going all Buffy on him. )
AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not too thrilled with the direction of this storyline either. I just hope there's more to the story and that its great material for Jason.

I am glad to see Jason and SMG sharing scenes together even though it doesn't look like its under great circumstances.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I don't think they're going to be able to go back to a mentor relationship after this happened! Juliet looked sincere when she was crying about it, but she was also practically in tears before when Mr C was being harsh with her because she kept pushing and trying to get him to see her outside of school.

I'm not saying Mr C can't be a rapist and it would be a meatier role for Jason, like someone else said, but I would think if he was a psychotic rapist, he'd be smarter about it. Juliet's friend could have been waiting outside of the classroom or could have gotten tired of waiting and come in, etc. If he was a predator, it would have been better if he let her come to him outside of the school environment, which she would have done and he wouldn't have had to worry about her friend maybe stopping him, etc.

I also wouldn't put it past Juliet to want to punish Mr C for being harsh with her, but then damn, I would have to say she's lied about important things like that before, because she played it perfectly.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't shake the feeling that someone is making her do this. It would explain the "third party" and definitely her (if genuine) tears.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I have a hard time getting behind the 'third-party' theory, just because I don't see why Mr C would have developed any enemies that would do that to him. I suppose if he had a more acrimonious relationship with the principal and he had friends on the school board, so she couldn't just fire him, she could be a suspect, but unless she threatened to plant drugs on Juliet, I don't see how the principal could control her. I'm not saying such a situation couldn't happen, but it would be OOC based on the information we have now as the principal seems principled. Heh.

What I did find weird is why on Earth Mr C would be at a party Siobhan was hosting in her home, especially if the last thing we saw is that he wanted to keep his relationship with Juliet on a student/teacher level.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I was actually referring to the latest interview with the producers. THEY said there's a third party involved, and that it's not as cut and dry as it seems.

Ausiello says Juliet's accusation is BS. But I also have a hard time believing that Juliet would stoop so low. I mean, I know she's just a teenager and they don't always think rationally, but still. Coupled with the latest revelation from the producers, that leads me to believe that maybe someone has forced her to do this. Not only the rape accusation, but maybe the whole "throwing herself at him" too. At least, to some degree. I have no idea.