Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Logan in s1 VM: Chatter away!

Ok, I found time to start the thread!

I figured that whatever episode is in the title..that's the episode we talk about for the week. We don't have to do all s1 episodes..maybe the ones that deal with Logan alot or something. I have pics saved from the Pilot...but stupid photobucket won't work for me!

So, yeah..I don't wanna start..so I'll let someone else!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So uh.. I hate Logan in the Pilot obviously now we know where he was coming from it's easier to understand, but the first time I watched I just thought he was an ass.

I adore the headlights scene though. I was saying in the LV thread the other day that headlights are an easy thing to repair, and if he really hated her he could have done a lot worse to the car
Jason said in an interview recently that he played that scene as if he'd raped her.. did he just mean in the audition or this actual scene?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've watched since the beginning and I admit I thought he was just a one dimensional ass as well. Which certainly means JD was doing his job very well But you know the more we think he's just an ass right from the start the more it packs that emotional punch when the ice starts to break when he gives V that little smilie in 4. And of course later on with Aaron. It really unfolded very well I think to allow Logan such character growth early on and yet retain so much of that snarky attitude that we fell in love with too.

I read that recently too Kirsty about Jason's motivation and was suprised because that was certainly the first time I had heard it. In retrospect now I always think back to the crowbar scene and just say to myself Aaron probably did a little bit more than take the T-bird away.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's funny because I knew how much people loved and adored Logan before I started watching, as I started after the S1 finale. So when I watched the Pilot I was very confused it's amazing the growth in him, and Jason definately contributed to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB (View Post)
In retrospect now I always think back to the crowbar scene and just say to myself Aaron probably did a little bit more than take the T-bird away.
Yeah, once you know about the abuse it's much easier to understand why Logan was so mad. Obviously Veronica never would have done it if she'd known, but Logan probably didn't care about that.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Addicted Fan

I just remember when I watched the crow bar scene, that I was so annoyed by him not hitting Weevs back. It was all like .. "Dude, the whole episode you were mouthing off and being all badass leader and now you get scared by the little Biker guy?"

Later that made a lot more sense, but it confused the heck out of me back then.

Stef
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I, too, thought Logan was an unbelievable ass in the pilot on my first viewing. But...there was still something about him that I was drawn to. Jason has screen presence in spades, there's no denying that.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

See..I started watching after seeing vids made of LoVe/Lucas/Peyton. So I had nooo clue what an ass Logan was in the Pilot. But..I think I sitll liked him. I just couldn't help it.

I think the scene when he's in the Xterra is where he's really an ass. The lunch scene didn't bother me. The headlight scene..not so much. But when he's just just so mean about her mom and Duncan and stuff.

But like everyone..looking back now. During the headlight scene...you know that Aaron most likely beat him..or he knew he'd be getting it that night. Cause he was laying on the hood of her car pretty well. So yeah.

I kinda rambled! I have to upload the pics which I'll do here hsortly since photobucket works!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkneesuu (View Post)
I think the scene when he's in the Xterra is where he's really an ass.
I agree. Him giving her a hard time about her mom was so low. The headlight smashing wasn't exactly his finest moment either, but I think the Xterra scene was way worse.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think what made the Xterra scene even worse was that she didn't fight back. When he's being hurtful but she takes it on the chin and dishes it back then it doesn't seem as bad. You could tell that's what he wanted her to do, seeing as he just wouldn't leave her alone and kept pushing, trying to get her to snap.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, he's just so plain crude in that Xterra scene. The only thing that softened him up at all was the scene of L/V when he's confroting her after the crime video had been leaked online. And wasn't that added in later just to develop his character?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caps are up in the picture thread I'm going to try and make a s1 art for the thread. Hopefully I can get something to look good.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB (View Post)
And wasn't that added in later just to develop his character?
Yeah, Rob said during the commentary that they added that scene because even though Jason was so fantastic, they'd revealed Logan to be such an obnoxious jerk that they wanted to show you that he wasn't just that and there was a little more to him.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok..so Logan on Duncan's lap at lunch..then rubbing his chest...is just kinda wrong! But so funny.

Is it wrong that I really like the headhlight scene tho. I don't know why. I guess maybe because there was somethign buried there..slowly inching its way to the surface? I don't know. I'm kinda rambly tonight.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I actually watched the Pilot again the other day, and I forgot how much of an ass Logan was. You really got the impression that Rob wanted to set up someone to really bother Veronica as she tried to work her way through the NHS.

That scene with the headlights, I think, works so well as that example. Logan got played and he played back five times harder.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
Logan got played and he played back five times harder.
I think that's what I was attracted to from the beginning. His fire. I'm glad that we've seen Logan grow a bit in season three, but I miss that fire.