Absolute Fan

Logan in "Lord of the Pi's"

Discuss Logan in 3.8 here.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for getting us started Fleur
Old 11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok..so I'm just going to talk about Logan. JD did an awesome job. He wasn't in a ton of scenes..but the ones he was in..amazing as always.

First scene...he goes to Veronica and asks her to back off the rape case. The argument..good. I've actually missed seeing them argue. And Logan so stood up to Keith. I loved that. 'Maybe you should start' My favorite line...and I think it might have to go in the sig.

Next scene...she goes to him after finding out he hired her a bodyguard. OMG...her boyfriend wants to protect her. Heaven forbid. Yeha..Logan went about it the wrong way..but then again, what would V have said if he said, 'I'm going to hire someoen to protect you.' She'd be totally against it. That fight...another good one. I loved how he pointed out that she expects him to change but she doesn't have to. Such a good point. And she admits to loving him. She didn't actually say the words but she admited to loving him. And then the look on her face when he's hugging her...she lied to him about them being okay.

Last scene...he calls her..she stares at her phone and then ignores the call and sits down. He's watching her. And I swear the look on his face just broke my heart. He is so in love with her..and she's pullin this crap on him. It makes me so mad at her. I will always love Logan & Veronica together...but right now..I wanna tell her to go put her head in an oven!

This episode was good. I'm still unclear as to who the rapist is. Just cause Claire and Nish faked theirs..doesn't mean he's still not out there. The only time I liked Veronica during the episode...when she was climbing over the gate. Umm..the egg thing...GROSS! And I think that's all. I now have to go dig out the spoiler thread
Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jenn,
What a great post. I'm with you. That heartbroken look on Logan's face. Way to go, Veronica.

I was hoping never to see that look on Logan's face ever again. JD was more than awesome. What a combination of emotions crossed his face--heartbreak, torment, desperation--as if he already knew what to expect.

I was not at all bothered by Logan's arranging for protection for Veronica. His care and concern for her are legend. Basically, since they got back together, he's only wanted to protect, encourage and help Veronica. Maybe she doesn't think she needs protection. After all, which 18/19 year old ever thinks he or she is going to die from smoking, drinking too much or doing stupid, dangerous things? Evidently Logan is more aware of the dangers Veronica likes to face than she is. He knows the risks she takes and the consequences and he's afraid for her. You would think she would have learned her lesson after the finale Seasons 1 and 2. Evidently not!

I only hope Veronica finally realizes what she could lose!

Personally, I didn't like the MOTW that much. It seemed a bit forced although clues for next week and the end of the first mystery arc were probably strewn throughout. I don't think Patty Hearst should give up her day job.

And there was definitely not enough Logan. Rob is certainly squandering him and the wonderful chemistry that exists between Kirsten and Jason.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree- JD was awesome. This season hasn't really had many opportunities to let JD shine. We all know what an awesome actor he is, but with Logan having a pretty normal life right now there has been little opportunity to see the greatness. I guess that's why I'm not too terribly sad about the angst with LoVe- as long as it's over soon!

I always thought that they were wasting a perfect opportunity to make LoVe more of a team. We've seen how well they work together in just small ways, why not have them working together all the time? That way we can have even more Logan and JD but without fighting. Just my wish, anyway.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Lord--Logan killed me last night. I mean, he's being so proctective and then he just looked so sad at the end when Veronica didn't pick up the phone.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not just sad, but devastated! What more does that young man have to go through!

I hope Veronica soon realizes what she may be throwing away with her little games!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Logan needs a big hug. He crushed me last night. I was sobbing.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Great posts everyone And of course I agree in that Jason was so amazing. Loved how he stood his ground even with Keith in the first scene and then in the second scene just put it all out there by declaring his love for her again and asking her if she loved him. Some have doubted that she meant it and I think she did. We know from V you're not going to get much of any response to revealing her true emotions so I accepted that "yeah" I just think she wasn't being truthful about them being ok right at that moment and that last scene where she ignored him pretty much proved that. I just don't get it though. A few eps ago and she's the clingy one. Even wanting to go as far as tracing him and bugging his car. But out of his worry for her he hires someone and she just can't be bothered with him right now??? Poor Logan.

Next week looks so intense.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can hardly wait, but at the same time I don't know if I can bear to watch.

Poor Logan. Are we ever going to be able to say, "lucky Logan"? Probably not. That's not just the slant of the show.

Hurrah for JD. If not for him, I'm not sure I'd still be watching! I've just got to see how it all turns out!
Old 11-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I can tear myself away from the show now. I guess I've gone through my OTP not being together before. I've been watching One Tree Hill for 4 seasons now..and I've been waiting since middle of s1 for Lucas & Peyton to get together. I guess I can handle bumpy roads for LoVe. And JD makes it alot easier to watch..with or without Veronica
Old 11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Oh I finally watched this episode on Saturday.

The last scene made me scream at my computer (not TV I downlaod the episodes) My heart broke when you saw Logan looking at her hang up on him without even answering!

Why is Veronica being like this anyway?

Their argument scene at the beginning of the episode was great! I like seeing Logan passionate!

BTW I can't believe Keith gets involved and tells Logan not to yell at her. Perhaps he should do a little PI work and look into why Logan was yelling at her!