Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

FINAL POLL UP ON THE FANART BOARD! Vote your overall fav in the holiday competition!

FanForum Holiday Board Art Competition
Get into the holiday spirit! Work together, and show us what your board can do!
Create a holiday themed piece of artwork on the topic of the board to submit to the competition.

Participation:
Anyone can participate! Whether it be creating a fan art or supporting your fellow board members. Visit any of the participating boards and post your submissions. If you are browsing FF and notice that someone's fanart is good and you like their style, I encourage you to send em a PM! Ask them if they know about the holiday competition You'd be surprised how many people I've come across that love making fanarts but have not heard about the competition Together, we can make this a really fun and a successful holiday competition

Please read all of the rules before submitting an art.

Participating boards:
Rules
  • Each participating board will have a thread dedicated to the competition and it will be the place to discuss and post your arts. It's also a great place for suggestions. Each thread is linked here in this post.

• The art must be holiday themed and have the board name clear anywhere on the artwork. You are free to use any technique (brushes, textures etc...). For help and tutorials, the FanArt board is a great place to find it.

• The artwork you submit must be exactly 800 x 600 pixels and in JPEG format. No bigger and no smaller.

• Final submissions should be a separate post in the thread marked with the words "to submit it for the competition" in red. This way, I will know that it is the final version of the art you would like to submit. It will be linked on the beginning post of the thread, updated frequently. If you do not see your art on that post a few days after you post it, please PM me.

• Art should include your username on the bottom left of all artwork in Times New Roman, font size 12 (72 pixels per inch). Also be sure to include a separate 150x100 thumbnail in JPEG format along with your art to be used in the voting. Please do not add a border to the thumbnail.

• The deadline for art submission is December 16th, 2007 5pm EST. You must have your artwork posted by that time to be considered. No exceptions. Please make sure that your upload site is reliable.

• You may submit no more than 1 art per board. You may most certainly make more than one for each board and post it on the thread for people to see, however you may only submit one for the competition per board. There is no limit to how many boards you can submit an art for.

• There are a couples of special notes. With regards to the TV and Music board, you may only submit an art on a topic that does not include one in which there is a separate board for here on FF. The only exception is if that particular board is not participating in the contest. For example, you can not submit a Snow Patrol art for the Music board but you can submit a Ross/rachel (from Friends) to the couples board. With regards to the Couples board, you may not submit an art with a movie or tv couple that is from one of the shows participating in the competition unless it features a variety of couples from different boards.

• Please make sure to keep your artwork PG-13 while sticking to the Forum rules.
Voting
The voting will be as follows:

1. Favorite for each category: This will take place within a few days after the submission deadline in the form of polls, topped in each participating board. An example of a poll can be found here. If you want to vote for a particular board, please visit that board and vote.The last day to cast your vote will be December 23rd @ 5pm EST and the winner will be announced the next day.

2. Favorite Overall: This will be held on the fanart board starting Christmas (after the first round votes are counted) and will be open for voting until December 31st @ 5pm EST. Everyone is encouraged to vote.

Winner of the overall competition will be announced very soon after.

Questions
Please post your general competition questions on the board thread or the main competition thread on the Fanart board.

Thanks guys! My name is Jessie, if you have questions

And a little bit of holiday inspiration:
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included. - Bernard Manning

Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space. - Dave Barry

I really hope you guys all have a blast making and seeing the arts and that you all have a fun, safe great holiday season

Last edited by 4N6 DNA; 12-24-2007 at 06:08 PM
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Jessie for posting all the info
Old 11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Sure thing JulieB

Please take note that I updated the thread starter with a PG-13 rating and 3 more participating boards: Smallville, Orlando Bloom and Women's Murder Club
Old 11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the update, Jessie You're doing an awesome job
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you **Jenn**

Sorry about throwing all these updates at you guys

In this update I've added the Gossip Girls and Daniel Radcliffe boards and we've added a new topic to the competition. You guys can now submit your original artwork fanarts (such as your own photography or drawings) to the thread on the Fanart board for submission. All the same rules apply. If you want to submit an art for this topic, you can post it on the Main competition thread on the FanArt board

I updated all your links as well. The deadline for boards to sign up is Friday but I wanted to make sure to give you guys the most time possible to make your arts. So I may be back just one more time after this with an update

Happy arting, best of luck
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the updates again
Old 11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really need to get to work on an art! I hate when life is crazy!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Darn that life getting in the way of Jason Dohring

Updated to announce, we added Angel, James Marsters, Dawson's Creek, David Boreanaz, Nick Wechsler, Roswell, Jason Behr, Carrie Underwood and the Hayden Panettiere boards to the competition. The deadline has past, so its likely that you won't be seeing any more updates of boards added. Updated all your links also.

A few things have come up on some of the other boards that I just wanted to make sure to let you guys know as well. To clarify, you don't have to use images that are Christmas related from your art. For instance, you don't have to find Christmas screen caps of the show, or a Christmas picture of Orlando Bloom. You can use random photoshoots, caps, promo pics and just add textures, brushes, Christmas trees etc. Anything to make it look festive

Also, there has been a bit of confusion on the thumbnail we want you to include. I couldn't have worded that any more confusing if I tried We would like you to simply resize your original art to 150x100 without adding additional borders to make your thumbnail stick out when we repost it for voting. And the thumbnail should be 150x100, not 100x150. Sorry for that confusion.

I've added some links to great textures, brushes, graphics and fonts with a holiday theme over on the FanArt board. Just reminding you guys that the FanArt board is a great place for inspiration if you need it and for all your art needs. Mosey on over and check em out and use them if you'd like!

Holiday Brushes, Textures and Graphics
Holiday Fonts

"Original artwork" is confusing a few people It can include pictures you've taken of the holidays around where you live, your family or anything else you've taken yourself. Or drawn Again, post those at the thread on the FanArt board

Lastly, I wanted to remind you guys that everyone can help out in this competition! If you are browsing FF and notice that someone's fanart is good and you like their style, I encourage you to send em a PM! Ask them if they know about the holiday competition You'd be surprised how many people I've come across that love making fanarts but have not heard about the competition Together, we can make this a really fun and a successful holiday competition

Again, please don't hesitate to ask all the questions in the world to be clear.

( Holy Cow! This turned into an essay )

Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Great video I'm going to have to pull out AEFC and watch it this month. Still one of my all time faves.

And thanks again for all the updated info
Old 12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jess is killing me with all of these videos she's been posting!

Thanks for the updates and I'll be watching AEFC here soon. I started s1 last night
Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

to submit it for the competition

Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome arts everyone, thanks for your participation As of this post, the thread updated and matches my records

Double check (even if you've done it before) the first post and make sure your art is there please Since today is the deadline (5PM EST), make so sure that I have the first post correctly updated with your thumb and that it links to the big one.

If you don't see your art there, it could be 4 things:

1. The thumbnail is not exactly 150x100. It will stretch your art a little. If your program will not allow that, you can use Resize Images Online at ResizePic. Save the resized thumb on your computer and upload it to wherever

2. You didn't include the board name on the art

3. You didn't write "To submit to competition" on it in red

4. I accidentally missed it. If that is the case, please send me a PM ASAP

Those are just the common things I've seen around

Just want to make sure everyone gets their submissions in
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

The art-making part of the competition is over and the voting is next!

Here is your hub, your magic link to all the poll updates and information about voting. Because the polls will all be set up at different times, check back to this post for updates on which polls have been set up. Or you can surf all the threads and search for the topped polls

To the Happy Place

Polls should begin appearing this afternoon (EST).

Happy voting!

Mods - would you mind keeping this thread open so I can post updates when I have time? Thanks so much!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Great artwork!

And congrats on making it to the final round!

Good luck in the final competition!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the updates. Loving all the artwork