Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Det. Will Kinney/The Originals Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1: Jason has played a vampire and now he's turning the tables on them...

Welcome to the Det. Will Kinney/The Originals Appreciation & Discussion Thread #1

Quote:
Dohring — who most famously appeared as Logan Echolls on UPN/The CW's Veronica Mars, and reprised the role in Rob Thomas' 2014 film — will make his Originals debut in the third season premiere. He'll play Detective Will Kinney, who is described as smart and confident with a very clear sense of right and wrong, who is out to bring the forces of evil to justice. And while Kinney doesn't know exactly what's going on in New Orleans, he has a strong suspicion that something strange is happening beneath the surface of the city.
Taken from: 'The Originals' Enlists 'Veronica Mars' Favorite for Recurring Role (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Links:
'The Originals' Enlists 'Veronica Mars' Favorite for Recurring Role (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter
Jason Dohring On ‘The Originals’ — Season 3 Casting Spoilers | TVLine
https://instagram.com/p/5e_9oDxIiF/
https://instagram.com/p/5qS9HUuVqP/
https://instagram.com/p/5x1SDluVrx/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...iginals-817736

OP is a work in progress! Will come back and fix it up once we get images and more details! I just wanted to get this up before Jason appears.

Last edited by alee23; 08-27-2015 at 05:16 AM
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread

I'm very interested in seeing Jason in this role even if it could be short term
Old 08-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Okay I'm putting in this now before the show starts: Jason's character dies in or around the 10th episode of the season.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's better than what I was thinking I was thinking like in about 2-3 episodes. I just hope that he gets a good amount of screen time and his character gets a little back story.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

I feel like recurring surely means more than 2-3 eps. (Although, who knows with this show?)

Tenth episode would be like Winter finale right? Yeah, that would not surprise me! I mean I don't want that to happen, but I'm prepared for it to happen...

Old 08-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like the Winter Finale is a good place to kill the "enemy" of the show, but it could be sooner. I feel like 2-3 episodes is too small for someone as well-known. Someone who's a threat can't be killed off so quickly.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so cause I do want him to have at least a good story arc. Well as good as you can get I guess for this show
Old 08-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd rather he not die three episodes into his run, that's for sure.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hear you hopefully he gets at least to the winter finale
Old 08-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Well, sadly, we still have like two months until the premiere, but I hope we see some more news about his role before then.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing about it time will fly by. I agree hopefully he'll do a interview or something on the guest role.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh yes! Interviews and promo photos soon.

We can only hope, right?
Old 08-27-2015, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Found a great interview with Julie Plec where she discusses Jason's role on The Originals: Julie Plec 'Vampire Diaries' 'Originals' 'Containment' Spoilers - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

Moving to Originals, one of the new faces the show is bringing on is Jason Dohring. What can you share about how his Detective Kinney will fit into the canvas?

You know what's so funny: I love [Veronica Mars executive producers] Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero, but I never watched Veronica Mars. I only knew Jason Dohring because [Vampire Diaries executive producer] Kevin [Williamson] loved him so much on [the short-lived CBS drama] Moonlight. And then I realized, he's Logan that everyone talks about from Veronica Mars. I feel like I'm very lucky to have the person that so many people fell in love with in the past decade.

Jason's character is decidedly human. It's a nice breath of fresh air. He plays a detective. There is a crime that happens in the first episode, and he comes in to investigate it. He's working closely with some of our characters. The question is, how much does he know or not know about what's going on in the supernatural world? And what's going to happen to him as a result of digging too deep?

Will he be romantically clicking with anyone?

As of right now, he's very firmly focused on getting the job done. But of course [that's as of] episode four; you just never know.

Who will he be interacting with the most?
He does have quite a lot of interaction with Cami and Vincent. We'll learn he knows Vincent from back in the day. That pulls him and ultimately Cami into assist with the investigation. So we get to see Cami as a fun little CSI.

The "And what's going to happen to him as a result of digging too deep?" concerns me...

Old 09-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Like I said, I think his character is dead by the Fall Finale.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Yeah definitely agreeing with you there. I've finally started to (slowly) catch up on the rest of season two, so I should be all caught up by the time season three premieres.