Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Total Fan

UK thread #2: Come on ITV, we need Season 3!

WELCOME TO THE UK SUPERNATURAL THREAD!

Still no news on when Supernatural Season 3 will be starting on ITV. We hope it comes soon or there will be some very angry fangirls on the rampage!

ABOUT THE SHOW:
Quote:
Supernatural

Sam Winchester (Jared Padalecki, Gilmore Girls) has done his best to escape his family's eerie history. Unlike his older brother Dean (Jensen Ackles, Smallville), Sam rejected their father's obsessive quest to uncover the evil forces that claimed the life of the boys' mother, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith). Putting as much distance as possible between himself and his family, Sam left home right after high school and went away to college. His new life includes a beautiful and loving girlfriend, Jessica (guest star Adrianne Palicki), and plans to enter law school. Dean, however, took a very different path, following their father, John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Weeds), into the "family business." When Dean arrives on Sam's doorstep with the news that their father has vanished, Sam has no choice but to put his personal plans on hold and join Dean on the road.

After four years apart, the reunited brothers are getting to know one another again, and their familiar sibling rivalries are never far from the surface. Despite the strange childhood they shared, these boys turned out to have very different views of the world. Dean still idolizes John and, although he often appears cocky and fearless, in reality he is haunted by memories of his mother's violent death. Sam was too young to remember the awful night that Mary died and has never fully accepted the frightening path his father and brother have followed.

A mysterious phone message from their father leads the Winchester brothers to a California town plagued by a series of unexplained deaths. They soon come face-to-face with the local legend of a Lady in White - a ghostly and beautiful hitchhiker who wanders country roads by night, luring young men to their doom. Though they don't find their father, Dean and Sam discover his journal and try to decipher his writings for clues that will help them destroy the spirit.

Bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission, the brothers travel from the Colorado wilderness to Nebraska farmlands and on to isolated Wisconsin lakes, encountering creatures that most people believe only exist in folklore, superstition and nightmares - the terrifying Bloody Mary, the brutal Native American beast known as the Wendigo, the man with a hook who haunts Lovers' Lanes and the dark Phantom Travelers who portend a violent plane crash. As they follow the clues in their father's journal, the brothers realize that he has passed on to them all the knowledge he accumulated during the past 20 years. What they can't understand is why he has vanished and left them to carry on without him. Taking up the mantle of their father's crusade, Dean and Sam hunt down the evil that preys upon the innocent in the darkest corners of America.

Crisscrossing the lonely and mysterious back roads of the country in their '67 Chevy Impala, the Winchester brothers search desperately for their missing father - and hunt down every evil supernatural force they encounter along the way.

Watch the "Scary Just Got Sexy" UK Promo

Be sure to tune in and then come and discuss all about the show over here!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:35 PM
New Fan

mmmm. so what's the deal with ITV ? i think a certain number of episodes must be aired in the US before they consider airing it elsewhere. apart from huge shows, simultaneous airings are rare. not mentioning the issues raised by the WGA strike ... if the season is forced to end at 3x12, then i don't know when ITV will consider airing.

sob.
Mira on the wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread Sylv. And I can finally see your icon which I just love!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Total Fan

aww hun, that's what I'm scared of too. I never know when US shows are going to start airing. I base my knowledge of these things on ER. That used to start in the US in October, then Channel 4 in February. So in theory.... we would get Supernatural in February or October. Except, like you said, the strike has probably changed things a bit. I don't mind if it's only 12 episodes, I just want them NOW damnit

ETA: No probs Anita my sweet. Where was my icon hiding before?! Naughty Dean
Old 12-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2 (View Post)
I just want them NOW damnit
Me too!

Quote:
Where was my icon hiding before?! Naughty Dean
I don't know but all I could see for ages was a tiny little blue square with a question mark. I'm glad I can finally see our naughty little boy.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Total Fan

ah yes. the tiny blue square was while Dean was getting ready for us. to save his blushes y'know

while we're on the subject, what's your icon from? i can't quite make it out
Old 12-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

It's from the OC. It's chrismukkah!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Total Fan

aha yes! I've not seen much of the OC I must admit.

So who's got something Supernatural on their Christmas list then?! I've finally started feeling festive today after putting my tree up and deciding I don't have nearly enough decorations. I've got practically everything SPN-related that's available over here now
Old 12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Tut, tut.

I am the total opposite I have nothing SPN related except for my dvds. I would love to get a little Jensen bauble to hang on my tree though. Hee, hee.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Total Fan

oooh SPN decorations! OK now you got me thinking on my crafty skills again. (I never did get round to making my calendar or DVD box yet but I will!)
Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Glad I got you creative side out of you again.

I can just imagine my tree filled with little images of Jensen all over it.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh my... there's an idea

yay: We made to the second thread. Thanks for starting it chandelier2
Note to any lurking UK fans, POST please

Fingers crossed we get season 3 next month
...and the promos aren't spoilery like the season 2 - YouTube - New Supernatural Itv 2 promo
Did anyone else hate the 'Don't Fear the Reaper' remix?

Last edited by Urban~Goddess; 12-09-2007 at 08:46 AM
Urban~Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I remember that promo now, Yeah it really wasn't that good was it?

Fingers and toes crossed we start seeing promos for s3 in the new year!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Total Fan

I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled

It's great we finally made our second thread. When I was starting this one up last night I realised the first one was started in July 2005, before the show even started over here I think! We've got to keep this one going guys
Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

2005! Wow, well I for sure will be here even if I end up having to talk to myself.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top