Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 PM
New Fan

SUPERNATURAL Movie

Hey, I just watched the Avengers and first, it's a great movie, but the point of this thread is to say that while I was watching it, I was struck by just what could be done with Supernatural if it ever went to Hollywood. I mean, the special effects alone should be worth the investment! But the cool thing is, I even had an idea about the plot:

What if Supernatural went Avengers on us? There's this big covert as-yet-undetected-by-the-series organization dedicated to fighting monsters. They are the real reason that monsters haven't actually taken over the world yet. Hunters are freelancers who don't know this organization exists, and the organization lets them alone because hey, they help in small ways. But overall, it is this organization that we have to thank for the world staying in one piece.

What if something big was coming, to quote Bobby "end-of-the-world big"? What if this organization enlisted the help of all the Hunters we've ever seen on Supernatural, but especially Sam and Dean? What if our boys went all high-tech on us, like mega-ultra-high-tech, like Batman high-tech? In leather suits? And a big dramatic film score by Hans Zimmer? Holy crap, I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

What do you think, could that work? Would you change anything? Add anything? Help me out - I want to try to see if we can get this into an actual fully fledged plotline!
Shtriga18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to think about this some more but its sound really cool.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:50 AM
New Fan

Brain Damage

Ok so this may have been posed before on these forums but there are too many posts to read through.

With all of the times the Winchester boys have been knocked unconscious by their foes, and even at times by their friends, are they in danger of suffering brain damage.

It may be their hardy constitutions or the periodic Angelic healing but I'm sure if I had been KO'd as many times as our heroes my brain would be mush. Any thoughts?
sumokoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi sumokoten Welcome to the board. I have moved your question here to help get it more attention.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
New Fan

Leviathan vs Archangel

While the leviathans are older than angels and can kill them, but what about the Archangels.

After seeing all the God like powers they have I can't imagine a leviathan would stand a chance.
Septimus79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

now the leviathans are dead though arent they yeah they couldnt have
Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is a good question.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 AM
New Fan

Feelings About Supernatural and it's Dynamics (First Post)

Well, I have been a member of this community for a while ( male member) and I have not really taken advantage of it. So, hopefully I'll post. And I'm kind of sorry that my first post is kind of a critique and maybe negative, but late night tea-filled discussions with my nerdy best friend has kind of gotten me into a discussion mode where maybe other watchers of the show will offer insight. These are just my opinions.

1) How are you guys viewing this show now? I remember in the early days when it was a nail-biter just waiting for the show to being green-lighted. I was so invested, with season 4 being my favorite. But now I still watch the show, but my degree of apprehension and feelings of intensity are not as strong as they used to be. And i find myself getting more annoyed with both Sam and Dean as the story goes on.

2) Though I will watch the show and I'm still a fan, I'm starting to think the show is outliving itself and that it should have ended somewhere around season 4 or 5. In terms of cinematics and plot, what else could you do to top stopping the apocalypse? The only thing to me would be to introduce a villiian or character equal in power and cruelty, but with an extremely personal vendetta against Sam and Dean. Other than that, I've found the plots and conflicts less and less interesting.

3) The Sam and Dean dynamic. Whether you ship them as a couple or as strong brothers, it is clear that this relationship is not going well. I remember back in season 4 where we were all concerned that the dynamics would change permanently. I fell like that point is now. It is still the same old argument. Why be hunters? Because we are. Because dad wanted us to be. Why weren't you there for me? Because you weren't there for me. Because I'm tired. Well so am I! Even Sam feels like he is now resenting his connection with his brother. They have always been so co-dependent., and to a degree unhealthy. And with Sam moving on, contrary to my friends, I can see why. Even when a brother is back, that just means that more trouble and heartbreak is coming. Is it his fault? No. But that doesn't change it. Even the pranks and humor are gone. Sam doesn't laugh, Dean doesn't sleep around. So must disinterest, so much anger on Sam's part because Dean is constantly stealing his life away, and so much mistrust on Dean's part for Sam not understanding the magnitude of a hunter's responsibility (and maybe a little blame on Sam for not being able to have a live of his own). How on earth will these brothers get back to what they were? Can they? Will they eventually let each other go and live their own lives (that is if they both live and not die for what feels like the 5th time)?

4) Things like the every eluding mystery of John's influence, the lack of Chuck, the presence of God, are things that to me are still not satisfactorily explained. Will things be explained, or will they just remain mysteries?

I love this show still. I still watch it, and I'm still interested. But it would be foolish of me to not notice the differences of how I'm watching it and what I'm getting from it.

I would like a dialogue to go, because I'm interested to see other people's perceptions on the show, the format, the plot, and the dynamics between the brothers (which was always the main point).
tyr8nt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi tyr8nt93 welcome to the board and to

I moved your post to this thread because was a better fit than starting it's own thread.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM
New Fan

This Puzzles me?!

Whats the deal with the Green Jeep Wrangler in the background of A LOT of the episodes? This is really puzzling me.
-Stu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Stu Welcome to and to the board. ...I have no idea. Maybe it's just a vehicle they have easy access too. I know when Guy Bee directs there will usually be an old muscle car floating in the background somewhere, but the jeep? You could try asking Jim Michaels on twitter?

Since this topic doesn't warrent it's own discussion thread, I'm going to go ahead and move it to the SPN general discussion thread. I will leave a redirect up for a couple of hours so you can find the new thread.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Remember when Supernatural wasn't sad?

Me neither.
I just find it less sad now.
I still love it a lot.
It just gives me less feels.
Also I hated season seven.
/unpopular opinion.
jessijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

is Cas in any of the SPN books?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have no clue, but that is a great question!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

hopefully someone will know?