Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
I think the cons could go on for at least a year after the show ends. So creation is getting all they can.
A show that is running for such a long time should be able to continue making people go on conventions a long time..

I'm a big convention attendy myself and even if the cons aren't only one genre, they drag people from all over the world to the events with bringing the actors on their events.. and those cons aren't too expensive too... but maybe I'm just spoiled here

icon by Daggi
Old 03-31-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think SPN Cons can go for years...but can they get the J's...eventually the J's are going to cut back. I highly doubt they're going to keep the con schedule they have now going. Jared's already talking about laying low after SPN. I love Rob and Rich and the rest of the gang...but I'm not paying the kind of money they're asking now if the J's aren't there.

I wish we had more cons in my area, but we have a horror con, and a sci-fi con...but they're small. Nobody huge. I did get to meet James Marsters though.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I've met him too

Of course the prizes have to be dependent on who is comimg, if they are very expensive, and for sure their appearances will cut back, but depending on how much the organizer is wiling or able to pay, they will attend the one or other con, I'm pretty sure. And sometimes the actors enjoy those events as welcoming family gatherings, since they don't see each other as often anymore then they are used to

icon by Daggi
Old 04-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's such a sweetheart!

Most cons would price the con accordingly if they were missing the big guns...but Creation...I doubt it. If they could still get M2 then they'd leave the prices the same since they think M2 is just as good as J2.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they would keep the prices the same too..but they also know who people want to see
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 04-01-2017, 11:53 AM
New Fan

I wanted to check one of these out but I dont think they are coming to CA in 2017 for some reason
Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

California? I know they're doing Hawaii, and that's close-ish maybe that's why.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
He's such a sweetheart!

Most cons would price the con accordingly if they were missing the big guns...but Creation...I doubt it. If they could still get M2 then they'd leave the prices the same since they think M2 is just as good as J2.
I again notice that I'm very spoiled ith the conventions here in Germany. The big SciFi con I'm attending since 25 years now has a really good ground prize with 120 Euros for 4 days, no matter who is coming. It includes all panels, artshows etc and parties. I just have to pay extra for Photoops and autographs that I want to have. You can get prizy tickets too that include all together, but why should I get photos and autographs of actors I'm not interestd in.. just to have a frrontro seat? the 11th row is good enough too, and that you get when you already purchase your ticket for the next year..

icon by Daggi
Old 04-02-2017, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised they don't have a con in California..you would think they would
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

They usually have one in Burbank but not this year. But they have a lot up the west coast, like SanFran and Seattle...I guess they figure people can travel?

Gold at Creation gets you into all the panels the bonus J2 panel and the Saturday Night Special. And include most autographs (J2M2 always included) but never any photo ops. But they're still over priced.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had gold last year and again this year...it is worth the money but it is still a lot of money
Old 04-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I go gold to, and what you get for gold is worth the extra money...but it's just getting to the point where it's too much money. The first year I went gold it was 500, now it's nearing 1000. ...I have been starting to sell some of my autographs though. Never J2 because I like those few moments with the boys, but anybody else sure.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

that are prizes that I wouldn't be able to pay... ho many celebrities are common on events like that?

icon by Daggi
Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I think I paid about 700 for my gold at NJ, give or take. What I didn't like was that the gold J2 panel was supposed to be just for Gold people, but where they had it, everyone just stood on the other side of the curtain & got to hear everything we did It's much higher now
Old 04-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
that are prizes that I wouldn't be able to pay... ho many celebrities are common on events like that?
It varies from year to year, one year we only had 12 some years as many as 16. In earlier years, they'd give us a meal (the breakfast J2 panel), and a free gift when registering, one year was a 11x16 picture of Sam or Dean, one year was a shot glass...now, no meal, no gifts, and it costs much more.

Chris, that's so unfair! Most people go gold for that reason alone, and if anybody could have heard it, you could have saved a couple hundred and go silver.

They also changed the 'dessert' party to the cocktail party to the Saturday Night Special...that is one thing I don't mind the upgrade. I've enjoyed every single SNS so far.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Closed Thread   Post New Thread