Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Promote Supernatural #2 - We'll hold on as much as we can...

Banner made by *Juju*

There isn't any final confirmation of a season 5 yet so let's still do the best that we can do for our favorite show...

We shouldn't assume just because we love it and know it's the best show out there that the Network will give it another chance. At the moment there are many different sites/groups etc doing things to help promote and Save Supernatural...so to do our part I thought we'd have a thread dedicated to links to those projects and perhaps any ideas of our own we may have. That way we can all take part in bringing back our favorite show for another season!

So please post the links of stuff you know about (keep in mind we can not link to other forums but if you do have a link that is to a forum PM it to me and we'll figure out how to link to it in a round about way) and we'll keep updating this post with all the new links.

Banner Made By ~Natali~

SAVE SUPERNATURAL

Links
  • Promote_SPN -
    Is an Live Journal community dedicated to promoting Supernatural, each week they have a new campaign to work on, such as writing to different magazines etc to show your support for SPN. Plus other wonderful ideas.
  • SPN_Postcards -
    A live journal community that encourages you to write to the cast and crew to let them know how much we appreciate their hard work in bringing us SPN ever week. Starting March 1st they have an Urban Legends post card campaign starting. Please check it out and take part in it.
  • Supernatural Season 3 Petition
  • Rock Salt Campaign

Where to Write
Please keep in mind when writing any of these people to keep your letters polite and respectful.

Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment
The CW Network
411 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, California 91505

Eric Kripke
9465 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 880
Beverly Hills, California 90212
USA

Supernatural Cast & Crew
c/o Supernatural Films, Inc
8085 Glenwood Drive
Burnaby, BC
V3N 5C8
Canada

Banner made by Folie

Last edited by HappySquared; 01-28-2009 at 05:30 PM
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm addicted too, but I want to stay that way and if they screw everything up taking it too far, it might go wrong.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Pempees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Gay, you should replace Season 3 to season 5 in the OP.

I agree with you, Em. But it would be great though, to have more than 5 seasons, if the plot allows it.
"Brother, I got rehyminated!!!"
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Tammy, exactly But not the expensive of it amazingness (is that a word? )
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Pempees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam (View Post)
Gay, you should replace Season 3 to season 5 in the OP.

I agree with you, Em. But it would be great though, to have more than 5 seasons, if the plot allows it.
Thanks Tammy I'll go update it now.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

new thread. I hope we don't need to really panic, and I hope things are going good for a sure S5, but I don't want to hope too much too

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I´m pretty sure, that we´ll get a 5th season.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

I really, really hope so

av
Old 02-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam (View Post)
I´m pretty sure, that we´ll get a 5th season.
*crosses fingers*

... and I would still want more seasons after that. They can surely think of other plots right?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Of course they can!

misbehave.

Mikaela/icon
Ghostfacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Sure they can and even if we won´t get a 6th season, maybe we could even get a movie.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Elite Fan

oh, a movie? I'd seriously love it if that happened

av
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Lets save the road trip and get to season 5 of Supernatural! IT is up to US FANS to SAVE The Winchesters!

Jess' Fangirl Haven - Unfinished Business: SPN Postcard Campaign Intro and Designs

Quote:
Unfinished Business: SPN Postcard Campaign Intro and Designs

Comic Con is finally over. The dust has settled, I've had more time to think up plans for this campaign not to mention postcard designs, and I think it's time to get it up and running!

So, first things first, some more background information.

In several recent interviews, Jared has mentioned that they still don't know if the show will be coming back for a fifth season. Things are really heating up now, and they don't know if they'll be ending the show this year, or if it will get picked up again (either way there will probably be a cliffhanger).

Now, I can hear you saying that they usually don't find out until around May anyway. True, but there is still such a thing as early renewal. I can also hear you saying that the ratings make renewal all the more likely and that the CW itself is in more danger of extinction than SPN is. True and true again.

So what's the whole point of this campaign, then? Well, it couldn't hurt to show the network just how many fans this show has, and just because the ratings are great is no reason to get too complacent.

*trails off, realizing she has outlined all of this in a previous post*

Anyway, here is the long and short of it:

I have come up with several postcard designs. If you don't like any of them and have some suggestions or contributions of your own, you can let me know via PM or commenting here. I'll be accepting suggestions/contributions until Friday. Once I have all of these, we'll vote on the best 2 or 3 that we'll end up using as the main designs (that people can print out and so forth).

Or if you like any of my designs just fine, let me know and I'll just have these available for people to print out.

Once we are settled on postcard designs, I'll create a post to officially launch the campaign. The designs will be posted for everyone to print out, and I will post the address of the CW where you can mail them. The goal is to send at least 1 postcard per day to the network (or, failing that, as many as you possibly can from the start date (February 23rd if we get more design contributions and vote on them; earlier if we skip this step) until the season finale, or until we get news about renewal, whichever comes first.

Without further ado, here are the postcard designs. Behind a cut for size...

Two separate designs, and I've created one postcard back design for each of these... it's totally up to you whether you want to use them or not. You can print out just the front and leave the back blank for writing on it. The third is a variation with no back design, just front (although you could use one of the backs for the other two designs if you like). They are all ready to be printed out on 4x6 inch postcards. Or you can resize them if you need to.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-20-2009 at 09:09 AM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OK so this is the postcard campaign that Supernatural is doing to save season 5! We did this for season 3 and also flooded the CW with salt! Yes salt as in the salt that the Winchesters use to keep the demons away!

Here are the details for the Supernatural save season 5 campaign! Lets salt and burn the CW and get the Impala and the Winchester boys to season 5!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Jess' Fangirl Haven - Unfinished Business: Renew Supernatural Postcard Campaign Unveiling

Unfinished Business: Renew Supernatural Postcard Campaign Unveiling
So we finally have the grand unveiling of this postcard campaign.

Why are we doing this?

Various recent statements by cast & crew mention how season 5 is pretty much up in the air. They don't know if there will be a season 5. On one hand, yes, the ratings have been very strong this year. That would point to a better likelihood of renewal. So if renewal is more likely, why are we bothering with any sort of campaign? On the other hand, the CW hasn't given our show very much love ever since it's carried the show starting in season 2. It's just a business and they make up their own minds, hardly swayed at all by any kind of fan outcry. So again, why are we bothering with any sort of campaign?

In both cases, it never hurts to show the network how much we love this show and want to see it continue. Don't let strong ratings make you complacent, but don't let the attitude of the network discourage you from showing your support.

The bottom line is: We love this show. We want it to continue. The Winchester saga is not over yet, and we want to see it play out to the very end (whenever that comes in Kripke's plans).

So here is the deal:

We've got three different postcard designs. You are free to use any of these, or use your own if you like (as long as it has "Unfinished Business" and "Renew Supernatural for season 5" on it somewhere). You can even donate some if you wish. I will add them to this post and alert you to updates.

You can print these out if you have access to a printer and postcard stock. Each of these images should be ready to print out on 4 x 6 inches postcards. You can also use the USPS' Premium Postcard service to make your postcards (which may be especially handy if you're in the US and don't have access to a good printer or postcard stock ... thanks much to bardicvoice for the suggestion!). If you decide to use any of these images and have problems, let me know. They should be at the right size and resolution for printing, but I really am not much of an expert on this sort of thing. *blushes*

Here are the images. Click on each to enlarge (the last two are a bit large):

(Design 1 Front)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...rd2b_front.jpg

(Design 1 Back image)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...d2b_msgimg.jpg

(Design 2 Front)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...hres_front.jpg

(Design 2 Back image)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...d3a_msgimg.jpg

(Design 3 Front)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...rd1-fronta.jpg

(Design 3 Back image)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...ard1-backa.jpg

(many thanks to yaya_wr8t3r for Design 3!)

These have all been adjusted to fit the USPS specs for postcard printing. Again, if you have any problems printing any of these out or have any suggestions for me, please let me know.

And here is the address to which these postcards should be sent:

Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment
CW Network
3300 West Olive Ave. 3rd Floor
Burbank, CA 91505
USA

As I've said in previous posts, the goal is to try sending at least one postcard each day up until the season finale (or until we get word of renewal, whichever comes first). If that is beyond your budget, try to send as many as you can. We want to show as much love for this show as possible. Whether or not it will make a dent and influence them to renew the show earlier (_if at all_), who knows. But there is never any harm in trying, and in showing our support in any way we can.

If you do decide to participate, spread the word! Tell those who you think may be interested, ask them to tell their friends, friends of friends, etc., you get the idea. The more people who know about it, the better!

I appreciate every and any bit of support and as always, if you have any questions, concerns, contributions in the form of artwork or advice, please let me know in a comment here or in PM. As I've said I want to leave this as open to you guys as possible.

~ Jess
Unfinished Business manager/leader/founder... whatever you want to call me.... *g*
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Erin for bringing that over But , good news for the early renewals announced

av
Reply   Post New Thread