Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paley 2011 - The boys are back in town!

Supernatural
Paley Festival
2011!!

Thought it was best to a have a thread dedicated to the occassion!

Please...any spoilers that was said at Paley....use a spoiler tag!

Feel free to post vids, pics, gush your heart out!

------------------------------------

Quote:
To start us off, I've taken the tweet round up done my Missyjack on LJ.

The panel was moderated by Maureen Ryan of AOL's TV Squad. it started with an old-school Chevy commercial and then bloopers from Teh french Mistake, and clips from an upcoming episode.

@JensenKStewFan Jared and Jensen are wearing matching suites

@MisfitsTamara Dear lord it's like i'm at an Nsync concert

@MisfitsTamara The lights are down. We're being treated to a reel starting w an old school Chevy commercial. Nice.

@WriterlyPink @mishacollins just fangirl screamed when Jensen was announced on stag
danielletbd

@danielletbd #TheFrenchMistake stemmed from idea that the show flitted in and out of a movie. Kripke's said what if they were Jared & Jensen?

@insidethetube "We're in 6th season of a show where a network let's us do anything we want." - Kripke

@danielletbd "None if us will ever be in a position...where we can do this again" - Eric Kripke

@insidethetube Jensen says they were actually hearing the pitches for the meta episode. He had some hesitation at first.

@WriterlyPink Kripke also says that the network pretty much let's them do what they want to
do

@paleycenter The behind the scenes ep was the first time the actors were consulted before the script was written.

@danielletbd Jensen didn't want to play himself. "I'm not interesting." @mishacollins confirms. Now THEY're not talking lol

@LauinLA Jensen to Misha: your death scene made me laugh SO MUCH, which is weird...

@danielletbd "It's kind of like being raised by wolves" - Sera Gamble who has only worked on two tv shows. Ever.

@J2sCandy Misha wanted AU Misha to be a douchebag LMAOOO

@insidethetube Kripke says they were aware the fans were interested in the behind the scenes of the show

@LauinLA Misha to my lovely colleague @moryan: I dont mean to cut you off, Mo, but you've been talking a lot, so...

@fahrbot Not tinhatting but the Js are literally knee to knee

@EricIGN Jensen insists he doesn't have an aquarium in his trailer. I'll say it: I've been in his trailer. He doesn't!

@marisaroffman "This is an episode right now...you're all in it!" - Kripke jokes about where the meta can go from here.

@LauinLA Advance warning on their characters: jim on Bobby's wheelchair - "I turned up to set and they said sit down."

@insidethetube Ben directed ep. No puppets, he says. "Very emotional." Fourth act is a one-act play. Fruition of serious friendships.

@danielletbd OMG @mishacollins is giving a serious answer! About Ben being a good director b/c he's not just a guest; he knows the show.

@LauinLA Misha on Ben's directing: u have a director who knows the whole arc of the story so you can talk about ur character

@LauinLA Jared on Ben's directing: giving him scene directions about how Sam might be feeling in the scene, which is lovely

@insidethetube Jensen wants to direct again. "It's a good kind of challenge," he says.

@EricIGN Jensen says he'd love to direct another episode... "As long as he's not in it," pointing to Jared.

@insidethetube " 'Supernatural' kills off everyone." - @jumblejim (Even the writers!)

@LauinLA Jensen is doing the slo-mo recreation of Kripke's death scene

@LauinLA Eric emailed to thank the writers for letting him die in such a manly way, with none of the urinating..

@LauinLA Bob Singer pitched Sam coming back without a soul.

@danielletbd "We barely talk about it" - Sera halfjokes about defining a soul

@EricIGN Are there lines #Supernatural won't cross? Jensen: "I may have thought there were until I was standing in ski boots on a Japanese game show"

@insidethetube "We try to do it with some elegance." - Kripke on the topics covered on #spn

@EricIGN "Nothing's cooler than Evil Dead 2," says Kripke, speaking truth

@LauinLA Eric: we try to talk about the nature of destiny and the soul, while referencing blues brothers and evil dead 2

@TinaCharlesTV: Kripke says there are a few curveballs coming for the brothers the rest of the season

@LauinLA Lots of Cas coming up, "he's going in more of an Angelina Jolie direction" and adopting an orphan, Misha says

Spoiler:

@Myth_Girl #PaleyFest #Supernatural Kripke is directing season 6 finale!!!!

@danielletbd The war in heaven will play out at the end of the season.

@LauinLA: Ben wants them to do a three camera set-up live episode, Jensen really doesn't!

@LauinLA Jim's talking about kissing Crowley, Jared is outraged that Mo segued into a question for him next

@danielletbd: Jim says "42 years in this business and on my tombstone it's going to say "Kissed Crowley."

@strawberigrl12 #Supernatural's panel at #paleyfest is a blast! These guys are hilarious& u cal tell this cast really like each other!

@LauinLA Jared does miss soulless Sam, but did have fun playing with the nature of the soul. "I do miss the little guy..."

@danielletbd Jared misses #NoSoulSam; he really enjoyed playing him that way. He likes darker and more disturbed

@insidethetube Miss soulless Sam? "Really, really enjoy playing soulless Sam," Jared says

@Fowler_IGN "He wasn't playing a character that I was used to working with. I struggled with it" Jensen, talking Soulless Sam

@LauinLA Eric says the contract negotiations with the amulet aren't going well - it's a diva and doing a guest spot on one tree hill

@gmmrtv Misha regrets his choice to use Castiel's gravely voice in his first episode. Ha!

@EricIGN Jensen says his reaction to first hearing Misha's Castiel voice was, "What is he doing?! Did he audition?!"

@paleycenter Jensen: First time I saw Misha do the Castiel voice, I turned 2 the camera guy, cringed & said "What is he doing??"

@fahrbot Js are giving Misha sooo much ****. hes just grinning

@LauinLA Jensen and Jared walked past him a couple times to scope him out "look, there's the strange guy..."

@HannahBag Jensen praises Misha's consistency in the character, says he's totally grown on him now.

@EricIGN Kripke says they initially thought they'd approach two-hour finale as a movie, but now it feels like two episodes.

@danielletbd Jared didn't know the season finale would be two consecutive hour

@Joschy_Eien Ben gives a shout out to fans on Twitter, talking about #fightthefairies trending

@LauinLA Ben's talking the #fightthefairies trend and how there was a legit outcry from the gay community.

@LauinLA Female characters with a positive force coming up: Jared says just Castiel.

@insidethetube Sera says demons are pretty bad at the end of the day. No real force for good

@danielletbd "We like to kill people." - Sera Gamble, ladies and gentlemen

@LauinLA All of the panel is touched by a woman in renal failure who wanted to thank them for the show, aww.

@paleycenter Aud q: Why don't u guys get bungees for ur weapons? Ur always losing them! #PaleyFest #Supernatural

@Joschy_Eien TV Guide had a photoshoot today with a few of the #Supernatural guys for their latest poll!

@Fowler_IGN Season 1 mandate: Sam & Dean aren't able to use umbrellas because guys who fight monsters shouldn't care about rain

Spoiler:

@EricIGN Kripke explains TV standards & practices let you use the word dick, "as long as you're not talking about a dick."

@@danielletbd Kripke says Missouri was supposed to help the boys w/the devil's trap stuff but Loretta was booked on a movie. Hence hiring @jumblejim

@danielletbd Kripke wanted to see what grizzly male friend of John's would look like. Interesting how scheduling conflict created awesomeness

marisaroffman According to Kripke, the character of Bobby was originally named Bobby Manners (after Robert Singer & Kim Manners)

@LauinLA Missouri could come back next season if they have one

@danielletbd Last question of day: "When will Jensen & Jared become EPs of the show?" both guys stand up to wait for Kripke's answer.

@insidethetube "We'll figure it out," Kripke says when guy asks about how they could end the series AGAIN

@vehiclesshockme Kripke said Swan Song did not have all his ideas for a series finale and was not where the characters were all going to end up.

@vehiclesshockme He still has his real coda ending so they can use it when there is a series finale which he thinks won't be for years.

@EricIGN Kripke has a specific coda in mind for when the show ends, he didn't use when they got Season 6 renewal.

@LauinLA Kripke says there's a locked box with the final scene in it, and when you open the box there'll be nothing but a spinning top inside.

ETA: Tweets after the panel by Moderator Maureen Ryan (@moryan)

@moryan Huge thanks to #Supernatural fans for asking great q's & being kind to a slightly nervous #Paleyfest moderator. Had a blast, hope u did too!

@moryan Many funny moments at #supernatural #paleyfest panel-- @mishacollins saying I talkd too much, Jensen doing "Kripke voice,"EK on swear words

@moryan I take no credit for the funny at #supernatural #paleyfest panel.They r hilarious. Cracked up at Jared's description of 1st working w misha

ETA:
@LauinLA Both Jared and Jensen stayed in the press tent while the preview clip was still rolling to make sure everyone got a soundbite. Gentlemen <3

@LauinLA Another cute moment: Misha's collar wasn't down properly during an interview so Jensen snuck up and fixed it for him.

@LauinLA And I do believe that at one point, Eric Kripke jumped on Jared's back piggyback style, though I can't begin to tell you why.

@chico6 So who saw @mishacollins changing his shirt in the street?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Absolute Fan

What?

Jensen fixing Misha's collar? Kripke getting piggy-back ride from Jared? Misha fixing his shirt on the streets??? What is happening here?!?!?!!?

*Cuteness Overload*

Damn! Now I wish I was part of the press!!! Then I could witness moments like these!!

Although, I must say, the panel itself was just completely awesome!!! The boys and the writers/producers were just so hilarious!!!

I still say my favorite was when the J-boys ragged on Misha about the Cas-voice and first impressions!! That was just too funny!!

Here's some clips:

Here's the interview where Misha is getting his collar fixed by Jensen!!!

Here's a video part of the panel where starting about 8:23 min, we hear Misha's regret of the Cas-voice and Jared/Jensen's first impression of Misha! LOL! The boys were really ragging at Misha there!! So funny!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 03-14-2011 at 04:42 AM
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Ahh! so much homework and not enough time to catch up on all the Paley goodness!

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

AHHHHHHHHH A THREAD FOR THIS AMAZINGNESS

so basically. paley was amazing
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Must. finish. essay. So. I can, watch. PALEY FEST!!!

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Aw thanks for putting all this great stuff in one big post.

I love all of them so much. I love J2 and their matching outfits.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Thank you for this post!!! I feel like I'm so behind on news!

How cute are the boys!?!?!??!?!!?

And Kripke will be the death of me for sure!

I can't wait for Ben's episode!

I'm going to continue flailing now

You'll sit alone forever, if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
beatlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Screening Room | The Paley Center for Media

The Paley Center's Screening Room has about a 8 minute clip of the Supernatural panel, it's much clearer sound quality so actually it helps you to catch all those little small moments of the actors speaking and commenting that sometimes the screaming in filmed videos can't really hear properly.

For example, I never caught that during the part when the J-boys were talking about their first impressions of Misha and that maybe he's in character, we see Jared pointing/poking at Misha, but this time because of clearer sound, we actually hear Jared say "were you? were you?" and Misha shaking his head "no" and how everyone laughed even harder after that.

So it was nice to hear it more clearly!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Have some pictures I took from the panel: here.

Just let me know if you want to use them for icons or anything.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

The boys went to Paley again? This is an utter surprise to me!

Thank you heaps for this thread. It has brought me much delight this morning. What a fabulous way to start the day!

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

thank you guys for sharing the clips of the vids. I can watch it, I love that everyone is their usual crazy, funny self.

how cute are they? LOVE it.

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

They are all so damn lovable! I love our boys.

Icon
Old 03-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Jared and Jensen were really having quite fun there ragging on Misha about their first impressions!!!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

^I love how Misha practically split a gut laughing about that. That bit cracked me up insanely hard.

Icon
Old 03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF40 (View Post)
^I love how Misha practically split a gut laughing about that. That bit cracked me up insanely hard.
LOL I know!!! It's so obvious in those moments just how close these guys are to each other that they can totally rag on each other and all of them would be laughing their heads off like it's the funniest thing ever!!! You only see moments of this level of teasing between best friends!!

Misha was literally laughing until tears came to his eyes!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Reply   Post New Thread