Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

The appreciation thread sounds more like the anti thread.

Asa was the last case she worked before she died. It makes sense she would go back when, after being gone 30+ years, most of the people she knew are dead. It was like coming full circle and just wanting to touch base with something that was still around from her previous life.

People are making it seem like she left her toddlers in the car or bathtub. Her boys are older than she is now. She's always going to love them and be their mother but she doesn't feel like they need her anymore. They're intelligent resourceful badass men who haven't even had her in their lives since they were actual babies.

If she didn't get any calls from them in those 6 weeks, she might have just assumed they were deep in a case. Or for all we know, she contacted Jody and was told that they sometimes go MIA but always end up fine.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I don't know.... I still think 6 weeks without talking to your kids and knowing where they are is way too long.

I can't imagine ever going that long without talking to my kids. I would be flipping out after a week.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Agreed. I think with their line of work, 6 weeks is way too long to have somebody MIA...with Dean/Sam if somebody is MIA for 6 weeks one of them is usually dead.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I don't know.... I still think 6 weeks without talking to your kids and knowing where they are is way too long.

I can't imagine ever going that long without talking to my kids. I would be flipping out after a week.
How old are your kids? Probably still minors.

I see Mary's situation as more like the Ponds with River Song on Doctor Who. Their daughter is older than they are and even more capable of protecting herself.

A lot of adults do not even live in the same state or country as their parents.

It's not like one of those PSA's that asks, "Do you know where your kids are right now?" She's not exactly worrying that they're having premarital sex, doing drugs, or joining street gangs. They are battle scarred soldiers with resources and experience and networks.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry but I have to say something and before I do let me state that I do not have human children and more importantly that this are my personal beliefs, this are the beliefs my mama instilled in me and that I hold.

Parenting is a forever job. It doesn't stop, it has breaks, no vacations. It doesn't stop once they turn 16 and you let them behind the wheel of a car, it doesn't stop once they turn 18 and they leave home, it doesn't stop when they turn 21 and are adults in all counts, it doesn't stop when they get a job, or buy a house, ore move away, or meet a spouse, or have children! It doesn't stop. And part of being a parent is worrying and that too, that too never stops, it should never stop.

I never those types of PSA's as talking about sex or drugs or gangs. I always saw them as a cold body and a mother sobbing over her child.

Yes, Sam and Dean Winchester are two grown men who are more than capable of taking care of themselves. That doesn't make them any less her kids, that doesn't mean that she shouldn't be worrying. In this profession they're in she should be worried about a lot more than premarital sex, drugs, or street gangs, she should be worried her kids are lying in a ditch somewhere.

A mother shouldn't stop worrying just because her kids can protect themselves.

But then again this are my personal beliefs.

Last edited by Jared ❤︎ Jensen; 01-09-2017 at 05:59 PM
Jared ❤︎ Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony_rules (View Post)
Parenting is a forever job. It doesn't stop, it has breaks, no vacations. It doesn't stop once they turn 16 and you let them behind the wheel of a car, it doesn't stop once they turn 18 and they leave home, it doesn't stop when they turn 21 and are adults in all counts, it doesn't stop when they get a job, or buy a house, ore move away, or meet a spouse, or have children! It doesn't stop. And part of being a parent is worrying and that too, that too never stops, it should never stop.

Yes, Sam and Dean Winchester are two grown men who are more than capable of taking care of themselves. That doesn't make them any less her kids, that doesn't mean that she shouldn't be worrying. In this profession they're in she should be worried about a lot more than premarital sex, drugs, or street gangs, she should be worried her kids are lying in a ditch somewhere.

A mother shouldn't stop worrying just because her kids can protect themselves.
I agree with all of this! Especially the bolded part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
How old are your kids? Probably still minors.
I am not sure why the age of my children matters. I will never stop keeping in contact with them and worrying about them no matter how old they are. Just like Gelly said - parenting is a forever deal and it never stops. You can't just flip a switch and not worry about your kids or wonder what they are up to. [The following is my opinion on parenting and the love a parent has for their child. Not everyone may agree or see things the way that I do. This is based off of my personal experience as a mother.] You will never, ever love anything the way that you love your own child. There is no love like it in the world and it's impossible to describe. Your children are your heart and not having them in your life is just unthinkable. Before I had kids I loved my husband and my family and I thought I knew how much it was possible to love another person. And then I had my children and I realized that my love for them surpassed my love for anyone else. I love my mom, my dad, my grandparents, my siblings, my husband, ect. The thought of them dying scares me and it's not something that I want to experience. But at the same time I could live without my mom, my dad, my grandparents, my husband, ect. It would be really painful and a huge adjustment to not have them in my life but I know I could live. If my children died I don't think I could survive it - I wouldn't want to survive it. My life would end that day and I would not be able to go on. The fact that Mary doesn't care what's going on with her kids or whether or not they are still alive is what I have a problem with.

Part of me thinks she came back without a soul like season 6 Sam.

Quote:
I see Mary's situation as more like the Ponds with River Song on Doctor Who. Their daughter is older than they are and even more capable of protecting herself.
I really don't see it that way at all. Rory and Amy never had a chance to bond with their daughter or form any kind of relationship with her whether they wanted to or not. Parenting their daughter was completely taken away from them and was beyond their control. Amy didn't even really remember her pregnancy with River because it was so unusual with her being held against her will by aliens and the baby she was carrying wasn't in sync time wise with her so her whole pregnancy was wonky. Their daughter was a Time Lord who moved through the world from the future to the past. While they moved from the past to the future. It was very rare for them to be in sync time wise and when it happened it was for a fairly brief periods of time. I don't excuse them never trying to have a real relationship with their daughter River, but I am pointing out that their was never any time given for bonding between them.

Mary on the other hand knew her children and had time to bond with them. Over 4 years with Jensen and at between 6 -12 months with Sam. She took care of them, fed them, bathed them, read them stories, put them down at night for bed. Had conversations with Jensen and she must have spent hours playing with them every week. There was more than enough time for her to form a motherly bond with them.

I would be much more understanding of Mary's behavior if she could not really recall her pregnancies with the boys and had never had time to bond with either of her children.

Quote:
A lot of adults do not even live in the same state or country as their parents.
Yeah but that's no big deal. You can just call them. Talking to them on the phone is way better than no contact at all.

Quote:
It's not like one of those PSA's that asks, "Do you know where your kids are right now?" She's not exactly worrying that they're having premarital sex, doing drugs, or joining street gangs. They are battle scarred soldiers with resources and experience and networks.
I'm not sure where the whole premarital sex, doing drugs, or joining street gangs is coming from. Of course she's not worried about that stuff. That's not stuff I would worry about. I would want to talk to my kids on a regular basis to know how things are going in their life. Boring mundane things like their jobs, what they're doing for fun, if they made it home ok after a big blizzard blew through, ect.

But back to Mary. Her boys are hunters and hunters die all the time. She has already witnessed Sam being kidnapped and if it wasn't for her helping out Jensen both boys could have possibly ended up being captured. You would think that she would want to know about EVERY assignment they went on so she can make sure that they come home every time. How much trouble is it to ask the boys to let her now when they are leaving for the hunt and where they are going. This can be done through text message even! Then she can keep tabs on them and make sure they return home in a reasonable amount of time. The problem is that she doesn't care where they are, what they are facing, or whether or not they make it back home alive. And that's what I have a problem with.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we seeher fight hard to get Sam and Dean back in 12x09.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Quin, I'd like to see her put some effort into the relationships.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-18-2017, 12:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I would love to see her try to have a real relationship with the boys as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed
Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

I guess we'll see next week
Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope the boys save themselves. It's a pet peeve of mine that the boys are perfectly capable of saving themselves but when they're trying to boost up another character the boys suddenly become helpless.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I want Sam amd Dean to save themselves too Bee. However it would be good see Mary and fight to get her sons back and bond with aince since she is back.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
I hope the boys save themselves. It's a pet peeve of mine that the boys are perfectly capable of saving themselves but when they're trying to boost up another character the boys suddenly become helpless.
^ This!

I hate it when that happens. We've seen them kick butt to many times for me to actually believe one punch is gonna knock them down and out of the fight.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

If we go by what the writes try to make us believe...they never would have survived the first season. Heck the first episode.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread