Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2016, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Mary Winchester / Samantha Smith Appreciation #1:

I am completely shocked I could not find a single thread dedicated to her. But again I couldn't find any in the last 20 pages.

So figured she deserves a thread and some love. This is my first Fan forum thread I have ever made. So it will be updated.

Any suggestions for a title to go with it?
tv fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm surprised we don't have a thread either. We might have had one, way back in the day before the crash.

Thanks for the new thread. I'll get it added to the board guide ASAP.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
I'm surprised we don't have a thread either. We might have had one, way back in the day before the crash.

Thanks for the new thread. I'll get it added to the board guide ASAP.
Aww that makes sense then.

Cheers.

I can't wait to see Mary in action. No offence to people who hate resurrections and think it undoes her death. But she died before the series even started - and we barely got to see her because well she was dead for 11 seasons. This resurrection I have no issues with - had they brought back Jo, Ellen or Bobby. Then I would think that is wrong - because we saw them get so much story anyways.

I hope Mary gets to bond with the other women on the show with Jo and Donna. I am so hoping for a girl hunt. I am sure she will befriend either. Mary will need female friends. Cant see Rowena being that..
Old 07-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hi tv fanatic Thanks for starting this thread. I am so glad you are excited about the upcoming Mary storyline It's so great when are fav shows have storylines that we're looking forward to.

Resurrections don't bother me or cheapen a character death in my opinion. We don't know very much about Mary so it will cool to see what she's really like.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
Hi tv fanatic Thanks for starting this thread. I am so glad you are excited about the upcoming Mary storyline It's so great when are fav shows have storylines that we're looking forward to.

Resurrections don't bother me or cheapen a character death in my opinion. We don't know very much about Mary so it will cool to see what she's really like.
Hi Amy

My pleasure. It certainly is.

It so will. I can't wait to see Mary in action. It does feel like it is going back to season 1 with Mary instead of John.

They better not try and kill her off again. She is a hunter - of course she will go off on her own for hunts or helping out Donna or Jody off-screen on cases.

It sucks all her friends and family (except her beloved boys) are dead. I know Ruby mentioned in season 3 that someone was killing them off. But I doubt the writers remember those details from 8 years ago.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me to the people that were surprised this character didn't have a thread. Thanks for starting it

Depending on the character and the way it's handled I either love a resurrection or I hate it. When it comes to Mary I'm still on the fence on wether bringing her character back was a good idea or not so until I see what they do in s12 I'm gonna remain on the fence of that storyline.

Character wise I do like her and if anything I look forward to seeing her kick ass with her boys and hopefully teach them a thing or two.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind them bringing back people from the dead...if they bring back the right ones.

Mary...eh. We'll wait and see. I'm not invested in her. From what we did learn of her when Dean went back in time, I wasn't terribly impressed. I'll give her a chance, sure, but I'll judge her the same way I judge all the other characters, and that's how she treats the boys. If she's anything like John, I don't see me caring for her much at all.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-30-2016, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be very weird if she turned out to be like John considering that she grew up in the hunter lifestyle and hated it.

How she treats the boys and deals and affects their extremely close codependent relationship is gonna really be the main factor in whether I like her and this storyline. Cause if she affects their relationship negatively in any way bye-bye to her.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

I could have sworn she had a thread? oh well cool, glad I got to meet Samantha at LA Con, she still looks great. I'm also concerned about the affect she may have on them, not sure which way it will go but with this show most likely not positive.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

that's so great that you got to meet her She is so pretty and looks exactly the same as she did in the premiere.

I think it might be awkward with her age because she definitely doesn't look like she could be their mom anymore

I am hoping she is good for the boys and has a positive impact on them and their relationship with each other. I don't want her to cause a bunch of drama between the boys or with the boys and herself.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jaye, we have one for young Mary and Amy. I thought we had one for Mary/Samantha but could not find it.

Yup, if she messes with the boys relationship then I don't care what she has going on, she has to go. I'm hoping she's going to be a lot nicer and more helpful then I'm imagining.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, she has not aged a bit she looks exactly the same.

I really want her to be positive on the boys relationship and be really loving to them but I'm not counting on it
Old 08-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hesitant to invest much in her return. I haven't seen anything for how long she will be around. 1 episode? 5? What I'm really interested in is her reaction to them being hunters...a life she hated & didn't want for her sons. And I hope they tell her about the MoL genealogy from John's side as well. I guess we'll see.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on jer meeting her Jaye. Tftnt! I hope her return is awesome.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's actually a really good point. How long is she going to be around? Is she a recurring character? A guest character? A one season then turns into guest character?