Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Passionate Fan

The Joh Cafe #6 (Jo-Hate) - Because she's a total waste of film

Welcome to the Jo UNapreciation Thread!
If you like Joanna Beth Harvelle then no reason for you to be on this thread. We don't want trouble so please keep out and don´t comment here.

banner by: Shnicky

3 Main Rules to Remember:
1. Please take note that we do not allow bashing of the actress behind the character, Alona Tal. All negative comments are directed only to Jo's character.
2. Please do not bash Jo fans and/or Anti-Jo fans. Respect each other's opinion of the character.
3. Lastly, Take note that you may not defend her on this thread. Stuff in favor of Jo should be posted elsewhere.

If you wanna be added to the list, post here or PM the Thread Starter.

1. ryllsome - Ryll
3. ~Natali~ - Nataly
4. Shnicky - Gay
5. *Juju*
6. Mei Zhou - Fla
7. wakeupolder
8. Sunnyolaf
9. ocfan27 - Lauren
10. CogitoErgoFeminaSum - hanna
11. faith_in_Faith
12. Evanescent Rain
13. sherylle
14. nofear88 - georgie
15. Music_Is_Love
16. Swamy - Ross
17. Ngatiara - Tahra
18. Evanescent Rain
19. midwest skies - Iola
20. IScream4Dean - Jaye
21. zietke
22. jenred16 - Cham
23. SPF40 - Nella
24. MissDarkandTwisty - Steph
25. Wynter - Sadia
26. cheldax46 -Molly
27. Pempees -Em
28. lisagslack14
29. Penrose

101 Ways to Kill Her Off the Show
1. Ellen kick her ass until her feet hit the brain.
2. she can be left alone in a room with only herself as a company, and she will die from boredom before the day ends.
3. Sammy pretending to be possessed and tie her up and finish the job.
4. Dean telling her the truth and breaking her heart and then after Jo went ballistic on him, accidentally killed her.
5. Ellen giving the boys a go signal to kill her because she had caused far too much trouble.
6. On a hunt where Jo joined the brothers, she got shot!
7. in the episode "No Exit", where the stupid bitch gets her kidnapped and locked away underground then the boys (silly!) go and save her... They shoulda left her down there to rot.
8. Sam & Dean trick demon into thinking Jo's important, so demon sets her on fire.
9. Sam & Dean trade Jo for John.
10. Jo gets shot and killed for trying to be all heroic.
11. Dean shoots Jo for daring to touch the Impala.
12. Jo uses her wicked ways to try and get it on with Dean, Sam gets jealous *BANG* she's dead.
13. She gets lost in the woods trying to hunt for something, falls down the ditch and gets trapped forever
14. A bear eats her.
15. Madison killed her...the boys just don't know it yet.
16. Drowns in a river.
17. Drowns in a wading pool.
18. Drowns in the shower...washing off the manure Sam and Dean pushed her into.
19. Meets Andy who tells her she'd look better if she jumps off a cliff.
20. Ash tells Gordon she's a banshee in disguise.
21. Jo disappears randomly, and the boys have no recollection that she ever existed.
22. She gets abducted by aliens and probed and mysteriously never returns (maybe it's coz she likes the slow dancing?
23. The boys hire Kermit the frog to kill her with his banjo. While singing "The Rainbow Connection".
24. Gets killed in a death match against Mary Cherry for the dumbest blond on TV.
25. Supernatural has a crossover with Smallville, and Jo gets trapped in the Phantom Zone for all eternity... She'll probably get killed by the Zoners eventually
26 The Impala moves for its own will and invest her, and then come back to the parking lot
27. the yellow eyed demon will posess her and beat her up...used her to waste then Sammy recites latin for exorcism, then she dies.
28. The Impala gets jealous and runs Jo over.
29. Dean gets annoyed with her and shoots her in the head, while Sammy laughs and sings "My brother shot you in the head!"
30. All the jealous fangirls who can't bear to see Dean in female company go crazy, reach into their television and strangle her.
31. When evil!Sam tied her up, they forgot to untie her and left her for dead!
32. She tagged along while they were dealing with the clown, and she got captured, and coz Sam doesn't like clowns he was traumatised and ran off leaving her with them.
33. Dean doesn't go back to save her from the killer clown because he's too busy helping a traumatised Sam get better
34. Jo is messing around with a gun thinking she's all bad, the gun goes off in her face... BLAM! ... bye bye Jo
35. Thinking she can do anything she tries to open up a box of biscuits with the power of her mind, she tries for 6 days then she starve until she dies
36. Jo tries to read the file Ash put togetherfor her to go hunting, and her head explodes.
37. Aliens abduct her and "make [her] their bitch"
38. Aliens make her die by slowdancing
39. Her father decided that she's being too much and snatch her from his grave.
40. Burned at the stake.
41. She gets turned in to a vampire, so Gordon beheads her
42. She gets killed by Ash for daring to play REO while he's working on a case for the Winchesters
43. She sells her soul to the YED to get the Colt back
44. She heads to the crossroads to sell her soul to get Dean, but the demon ends up killing her.
45. All of Dean's romantic interests gang up and destroy Jo
46. Dean's rabid fanbase destroys Jo
47. Daddy Winchester miraculously comes back from the dead to kill Jo as his soul wont rest until she's 6 feet under
48. A reaper tries to kill Jo because other people deserve more to live.
49. She holds her breath waiting for Dean to call her and end up dying suffocated
50. Walks in Ash room, walks out and dies. We don't really want to know what's in there
51. She cries herself to death when she reads on Dean's Myspace that he won't ever get laid with a blond chick who listens to REO Speedwagon
52. She decides to wait for Dean until she's the last one to want to have sex with him, but since Dean's so hot that day never comes and she die without having a boyfriend in the last 40 years.
53: When the roadhouse blew up, JoHo was inside and now her mangled and twisted body is lying burnt on top of the jukebox while it plays "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" beneath her!
54. While trying to demonstrate that she's a tough demon-hunting chick, the gun backfires and blows her brains out the other end of her skull. Oops, guess you failed to prove yourself again, JoHo!
55. Someone sneaks nuclear waste into her bleach-blonde-bimbo hair-dye and it eats away at her scalp and deteriorates her brain, killing her.
56. We hunt her loser ass down and give the unskilled schoolgirl, sad excuse for a hunter, our own finale.
57.) Peeling across her face with a vegetable peeler until she's all gone.
58.)Cheat your way into becoming a doctor with no real medical knowledge, have Jo as one of your patients and "accidentally" give her an unnecessary perscription for pills that end up killing her.

The JoHo OST
We dedicate these songs for her
Nasty Girl by Destiny's Child {lyrics}
YOu Don't Love Me Anymore - Weird Al Yankovic {lyrics}

Anti-JoH videos
YouTube - supernatural - Hooker on the corner
YouTube - Supernatural: Jo's Mom
YouTube - Supernatural - "No Exit" parody (Beatles edition)
YouTube - Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheep- Anti-Jo

And, yes, Sam knows the truth!
Sam: Well, Dean's more like my father than I am, but.. (off JO'S look) Boy. You're really carrying a torch for him, aren't you? (JO scoffs, uncomfortably) I'll take that as a yes. It's too bad. 'Cause see, Dean, he likes you, sure, but not in the way you'd want. I mean, maybe as kind of a... a little sister, you know? But romance — that's just out of the question, he (LAUGHS) he kind of thinks you're a schoolgirl, you know? (PAUSE) I'm not trying to hurt you, Jo, I, I'm telling you because I care.

art by: Jaye

Reasons Why We Love Hating Her!
1. Because she's a Mary Sue!
2. Because she's in love with Dean even though she doesn't have a chance
3. Because she rejected Sam
4. Because she likes REO Speedwagon
5. Because she THINKS she's a hunter
6. Because she DIDN'T die in the Roadhouse
7. Because she blames our boys for her dad's death
10. Because she's a hooker on the corner
11. Because she's an annoying, whiny bitch.
12. Because she is still breathing
13. Because she did a sloppy job on Dean gunshot wound
14. Because she has Dean cell phone number
15. Because she is not sexy looking like a pouty 14 yr old
16. Because she is not a natural blonde.
17. Because she's creepy
18. Because she's manipulative and deceitful
19. Because she's a wannabe tough girl
20. Because she is a girl, not yet a woman and anyone that relates to a Britney Spears song should be shot to death.
21. Because there was "no exit" of blood from her body in No Exit.

Icons of Hate

Slam a Ho: JoHo Poetry Corner:
Because, every cafe needs a little bit of poetic expression from the soul(especially when that poetic expression involves therapeutic Jo-Hate)
Submit your rhymes of slam for this bleached blonde hunting sham

Jo is still a ho,
Down the river she flow;
Drown now, blonde cow

And Jo is still a hooker,
Though, she's definitely no looker,
She claims all men want to get in her pants;
In the river she sunk, the conceited skunk

Ka-plunk was the sound that her body made,
as Jo went over the falls, her lifeless body lay
Tearful - I am not; laughing so hard
What a waste of life she worked in a bar
A Demon hunter, she did not master;
Instead, she became a useless disaster.

Future Thread Titles
-Because she's a lousy hunter; can't sense a demon standing next to her
-Because she didn't bleed in No Exit

As it's already been some time since someone posted into the old Anti!Jo-Thread (which has reached the limit of posts, anyway) I decided to open a new one (and use one of the suggested future thread titles) even though Jo Harvelle is (luckily) no active part of the series anymore.
Still, she's one of my least favourite SPN characters and as much as I love to dote on characters I like, from time to time it's also nice to talk about the ones you don't like as much. So I'd be glad if there are still any people around who dislike Jo, too.
To bring this topic to life again, I would like to ask a very simple question - what is it about her character you dislike(d)?
Penrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so torn. Season 2 Jo? HATE HER!!! ...season 5 Jo...not so much.

TFTNT!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Im sorry but she didnt grow on me in season 2 or 5, I hope she never reappears again.
dandS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I disliked her in season 2 for her immature behaviour; still hitting on Dean after he unmistakably made clear he doesn't want to hook up with her, following the boys to work on a case, getting them & herself in danger, they being affronted by Ellen for that... well, no, I have really never liked Jo.
Bottom line, she's a way too immature person (especially when it comes to hook up with Dean) who annoys me with her behaviour and especially her abnormally high usage of swear words. On a person like Bobby, Dean, even Cas it may fit, but with a girl in the beginning of her 20ies? Sorry, but she really exceeded a limit of "b*tch", "a**hole" etc. which I could've taken from her.

Fact is, she's a person I would totally not like in real life, so that alone is a reason why I dislike her on one of my favourite TV shows as well.

Season 5... well I was glad she wasn't playing such a big role, I've just never been able to understand Deans behaviour towards her in AAH. First, in season 2, he insists on her being like a sister to him, then he starts hitting on her, checking her out and finally kissing her? lol. So I don't really miss her and I didn't feel sorry for her dying; just relieved we got rid of her.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

I disliked Jo in the earlier seasons for her rather immature behavior, she didn't really act her age and was more like a petulant child which is not something I care much for, but I cannot fault her behavior in Abandon All Hope.

So no matter how much I disliked her before, she was rather childish and trying to be too cute, she does have my respect for her actions and sacrifice.

She did save Dean at the risk of herself, so I can respect that and feel sad about her death. I'm not one to disrespect someone who give such a sacrifice. So that did tame my Jo-dislike.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

She did save them, that's true. I just ... I don't know, I couldn't get the feeling it was such a great, overwhelming, "Let's all fall in awe of Jo" - sacrifice like everybody else seems to get. :/ She knew she wasn't going to make it, so she would've died anyway, no matter what.
It's hard to explain (even harder in a foreign language *lol*) but the whole situation (especially Jo's) didn't affect me as much as other dramatic scenes in the show. I just felt a bit sad for Ellen, maybe because although I dislike her as well, I could still bore her better than her daughter.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the new....love the title!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penrose (View Post)
She knew she wasn't going to make it, so she would've died anyway, no matter what.
I was thinking more of the fact that she did put herself at risk to help Dean. Not really the part where she stayed behind. But anyways, I did give her points for that, and that scene does make me sad because of the acting and the sense that Dean and Sam lost more people who were on their side. LOL I do get sentimental sometimes....

As for early Jo, she was just annoying and childish, she was acting immature for her age and being more of a petulant teenager. I did not like her attitude.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I get your point of view. I just wish I could say the same but I just didn't feel like that during that scene. :/ Still so angry with that immature girlie she pulled off in season 2.

It sucks when you dislike a character on your fave TV show; I just can't help it. I tried to like her, I really tried - just for the sake not having to spend so much energy on getting pissed everytime she shows up on the screen - but it just didn't work.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penrose (View Post)
It sucks when you dislike a character on your fave TV show; I just can't help it. I tried to like her, I really tried - just for the sake not having to spend so much energy on getting pissed everytime she shows up on the screen - but it just didn't work.
It's okay, I understand....I had the same issue with hating a character on Chuck, gosh I was so angry at this character that every time he appeared on screen or I heard his voice, I was about to smash his head in.... There were plenty of violent thoughts.

At least you have very valid points and reasons for hating Jo, my hate for this character on Chuck just appeared out of the blue and never left....although I was proven right when the character was revealed to be a big evil traitor! I felt vindicated...

If it makes you feel better, think of it this way, at least immature girls are better than evil traitor grandfathers...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 02-28-2011 at 10:24 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Passionate Fan

To hell with evil traitor grandfathers! (Somehow I have the feeling that'll happen sooner or later anyway )
He doesn't annoy me as much as Jo used to, though. At least we won't see her again.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Im just going to tell one thing here and then leave :

JO SAVED DEAN! THAT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? SERIOUSLY? THIS HATE THREAD AGAIN AFTER Abandon ALL HOPE MAKES NO SENSE!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Passionate Fan

No, that's not enough for me to like her. The thread doesn't make sense to you? Well, after you're a fan of Jo's, I guess no hate-thread dedicated to her makes sense to you. But that's okay. I don't get peoples' opinions from time to time, too, but we all have our reasons to like or dislike a character, don't we? As for Jo, I've listed the reasons why I dislike her above and NO, her behaviour in AAH is NOT enough for me to make me like her. Also that, I have already mentioned above.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Did you saw BUaBS back in S2?

If you watched she proved that she was mature at that time , I can agree that her behaviour in NE was a little annoying since she wanted to hunt and her mother didnt let her but in BUaBS she proved that she was "older , sadder , wiser" as Kripke said it.

And in AAH? She turned Dean off "self-respect" , she saved Dean , she handle the situation very wll when everyone was denying what was happening and she sacrificed herself for the world, seriosuly If you dont like her after this , something is wrond with you.

On more thing: She can came back any time, its supernatural dont forget that.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Andre, this is a place where fans can respectfully say what they want about Jo in peace. It is not fair to them if you are going to come in here and debate them for it. Also please lay off personal insults and don't sau 'some thing is wrong with you' because they share a different opinion. Discuss your points on Jo in her appreciation thread please.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top