Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

The Debate Thread #2 - Season 6: yay or nay?

The Debate Thread....where we ask the tough questions and see what you all think.

Please remember to respect others opinions, they wont always be the same as yours. Negative things will be said, take it with a grain of salt.

NO bashing of actors and other posters!

You are always welcomed to go back to a topic that has previously been discussed and tell us your opinion.

Okay guys, new thread! and also, new topic. Something sort of light for once

Current topic: If death is not an option, and if you could only choose 1 episode per season to rewatch over and over again, what would it be? Why?

av
Old 04-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Guh! I'm going to have to think about this one...because I have my fave episode of each season (Season one - benders, Season two- In My time of Dying) but are they episodes that I can watch over and over again? hmmmm
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season one humm I dunno Hell House coz it was really cool but I like them all so it's difficult to make a choice...

Season two without any doubt BUaBS and also Plaything the script are really good.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now, as I've said, this is a hard choice. My fave episodes from S1 are Hell House, Home, The Benders and Salvation. Hmm... And watch over and over again? Wow! Hell House maybe for the banters and Sammy in towel.

As for s2, I might have to get back on that!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Extreme Fan

my favorite season one episodes are:

Hell House~b/c it was so funny! I loved all the prank stuff (and it had shirtless Sam )

Pilot~still one of my favorite episodes mainly b/c it is the episode that started it all.. so I can't help but love it, not to mention it is an awesome episode!

my favorite season two episodes are:

Born Under a Bad Sign~this episode was just completely amazing! with all the brotherly love and angst.. plus Jared and Jensen's acting was at it's best in this episode!!

Everybody Loves a Clown~this to me is the scariest episode of the series so far.. I am terrified of clowns! also i loved it b/c it had most of the aftermath surrounding John's death which was really good...

Tall Tales~Loved all the voice-over stuff and the boys argueing.. really funny episode!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh this is a really hard one!!!
After a quick deliberation I'd have to say that my season ! fav epi is definately Hell House. I've seen it a dozen times, and it makes me grin and laugh and giggle every time. I like the lightness of the episode, in opposed to the usual angst and drama. Not that I have anything against angst, it's a crucial element in SPN but anyhoo.. And yeah, it has shirtless Sam. Nothing can beat that. Mancandy. Yum.
And as for season two, I'm kinda stuck between Playthings and Tall Tales. Well, to be totally honest with you, I might like Playthings more just because it has some awesome scenes, like the boys walking down the same corridor(double butt shot) and the breathtaking Dean butt shot and.. yeha, I guess I'm superficial and shallow but
and the drunken Sam and the awesome Shining-like vibe all over the episode
And then again, Tall Tales is also very enjoyable. And ah, the bed wrestling (The Shallow Bunny pops up again )
So when it comes to season 2, I'm kinda tied.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hanna I am laughing so hard in here. You just made my day. Double butt shot! I lvoe your reasons.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad to hear I made you laugh Gay*high fives*
Yeah... other people might find more profound and mature reasons to like certain episodes, but I'm just too damn obsessed about Jensen&Jared's looks
I'm the shallow perv bunny
Old 04-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

We're all shallow perv bunnies hon Coz seriously I'm just waiting for an ep with Dean in a towel, like we had with Sam in Hell House!

Kay, I'll have to agree with the majority and say that Hell House would be my fav S1 episode, followed closely by Benders, and purely for perving, Skin... That and I absolutely love Jense in that episode, playing two different characters, it was great

I don't really have a fav S2 ep, coz I've only seen up to Usual Suspects, but I quite liked that one, it's done so differently, it was good

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

After much thought...I'm sticking with my faves...mostly because I watch them all the time now so what the heck why not make it forever. Benders because I like all aspects of it, creepy humans instead of supernatural stuff. then you add in poor abducted Sammy in a cage, and then the LOOK, and Dean's "I know a trick or two" then the whole if you kill my brother thing, plus Kathleen was a really cool guest star (wouldn't mind seeing her again actually. Then for IMTOD, you have Jensen FEET! , pajama pants. You have broken Sammy, and angry ghost dean, ooh and Tessa! not to mention the talk John has with Dean at the end. (plus that is another plus, all three Winchesters *nods* and Bobby!) ...so yup those are my two choices.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, you've convinced me hon. IMTOD would have to be my S2 ep The way you listed it all out like that, it made me realise that indeed it was a perfect ep!

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 04-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Season One

It has to be Nightmare. The first where we get that the demon has a larger plan than just going after the Winchesters, where Sam understands that John could have been "a little more tequila, a little less demon hunting" and all things considered he did the best he could with them
Plus it has both Dean worring over Sam and Sam horrified for a death vision of Dean. Awesome

Season Two

Still IMTOD. Followed close by Nightshifter, BUABS and Croatoan.
I love it. The angst for Dean and John, the fight between father and son and that moment where Dean asks his Dad "What kind of father are you?" breaks my heart everytime, quite as much as when Sam finds him lying on the ground.

Ele
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, after very serious thought, here's my answers:

for S1, it's pretty hard for me, my fave episode is Home, but to have an episode to watch over and over again, I'd have to choose Nightmare. The Sammy gets visions and Dean being all worried and overprotective without wanting it to be obvious, the priest costumes, just the brother moments is pure and also it's the epi where Sam sort of realized that he was better off with having John being into hunting than into maybe drinking. the look on Sam's face in the end when Dean said that 'as long as he's around, nothing bad's gonna happen to him'

and for s2, I'd have to choose IMTOD. I mean, wow, what a great way to start the season and the tone, amazing acting by all 3 of them, the unraveling of Dean's real frustrations against John (even if he forgot it), broken Sammy's face when Dean 'died', the amazing ouija board scene where it sums up the brotherly connection w/o them really talking to each other, Dean and Sam's reactions during the last scene, and the 'I'm proud of you Dean' scene and Dean's face! Really love this episode a lot!

av
Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
New Fan

Season One - Hell House - It was hilarious, I esp loved the prank Sam pulled on Dean with the glued bottle

I loved the way they bounced off eachother in that episode too, it seemed so natural to them

Season Two - Born Under A Bad Sign - Sam evil was just, well HOT!! I know i'm weird, I just love a bad boy
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenAddict (View Post)
Season One - Hell House - It was hilarious, I esp loved the prank Sam pulled on Dean with the glued bottle

I loved the way they bounced off eachother in that episode too, it seemed so natural to them

Season Two - Born Under A Bad Sign - Sam evil was just, well HOT!! I know i'm weird, I just love a bad boy
Hmmm... now, you totally confused me because your username says more of a JensenAddict but then the episodes you chose were more of Jared's.

I haven't given my choice for S2 right? I still can't pick between IMToD or BUaBS. The only thing I didn't like about BUaBS is that they didn't include a flashback for the demon who possessed Meg, but all in all that episode rocked. Jared's took his acting to another level so that makes me a proud Sam girl.
As for IMToD, the drama of them losing each other killed me. I love the way they acted their roles. Plus, the editing and the way the story was evolving was great.
So I think, I'll have 2 - Born Under a Bad Sign and In My Time of Dying.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top