Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Customization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this process, please send me a Private Message.

Jen
Old 07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Yay!!!! Thanks so much Jen!!!

I'm so excited for customisation. Our board will be all pretty! Yay. There are so many great SN promo pics to choose from aswell so i'll have to hunt down links. Im sure whatever the graphics team come up with will be awesome.

Make sure you all post with your color and pic ideas too!
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

JEN! I'm so happy to hear we're getting customized! I'm looking forward to what the graphics team comes up with!

Maz you are right...so many pics that would work wonderfully. ...I'm off to find my faves.

Posters I'm dittoing Maz and encouraging you all to post your idea's and links to the pics you'd like to see.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry for the DP but I bring links!

Personally I think this would be the best pic for a banner P I C Specially if there is away to keep the car in it. ....Same pic just different background Pic #2

I also really really really love this pic (really! lol) but not sure the the height differance would work in a banner. (but I'm linking to it anyway just in case) P I C

As for colours...DARK! Maybe black with blue or dark red...even dark green.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

bee, direct linking the pics doesn't work from that site unfortunately, although i think i know which ones you mean. This is them, right?

Bee's Pic 1
Bee's Pic 1 with diff colors/background
Bee's Pic 2

I really like both those choices. Pic 1 is the main promotional pic they used. And pic 2 they both look great.

Here are a few more pics that could be considered...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Also separate promo pics of each guy incase the GT want to mix em up.

Jensen 1
Jensen 2
Jensen 3

Jared 1
Jared 2
Jared 3

I'd like dark colors too since its supernatural but the GT don't do black bg anymore, so maybe another dark toned color.

Don't worry about the height difference in the pics the GT can move pics around and change positioning. Infact they probably will because they dont use straight promo pics.

Last edited by ~Maz~; 07-16-2006 at 10:33 AM
Old 07-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for fixing my links Maz. I didn't even try them to see if the would work...just thought they would.

No more black? That is sad. I like Black...but a dark colour would work best I think..a dark spooky color.

I love the idea of two seperate pics of Jensen/Jared...like the ones where they are in car looking back...those two can be put together to make it look like one.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~
No more black? That is sad. I like Black...but a dark colour would work best I think..a dark spooky color.
At least one of the colors should be a navy-ish color, after all the show has a navy tone.
Ms. Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:17 AM
Absolute Fan

ITA. I like the pics of them looking back in the car, they'd look good as one pic with a navy background
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
I'd like dark colors too since its supernatural but the GT don't do black bg anymore, so maybe another dark toned color.
Why don't they do black backgrounds anymore?
Urban~Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because lighter boards look better and black boards are hard to customize.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:32 AM
Absolute Fan

oh ok, makes sense
Urban~Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

I actually don't like black/dark boards either. I like lighter ones much better.

But then this is SN and the show just fits the dark mysterious vibe so i dunno.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah! The board will finally get customize!

I love those pics of Jensen and Jared when they're int he car and loks back. those should definitely be in the banner.

I would also love dark colors, but I think that a beige color like this or this mixed with a kind of green like this one or this one would look nice. I seen that a lot when people were making quotes icon of the show and it looked really nice.

Icon credit: -louise-
lolitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Brown, I think a nice kinda dark chocolatey leather brown would be a good bg color.

With tan accents, and maybe some blue and black thrown in... and orange to symbolize the fires?
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Bent137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'd like darker colors more since it will suit Supernatural better. And also, I think using the pics of them inside the car is perfect!

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Passionate Fan

i'm so excited for the board being customised!! I agree, dark colours would look nice on this board
Nida is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread