Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think so too. Dean knew John had this hold on him and used it to get what he wanted, even before John died, but it really became clear to him after he had died and he was able to step back from the situation. He can see that with Mary, but he's treating it as if that's the way it has to be to have her in his life then fine. It's an acceptable sacrifice for him. I just want to protect him so much. His family sucks so badly.

Sam should really know better by now...every single time somebody does a number on him and he sides with them over Dean...EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! And what happens? He starts the end of the world and Dean comes in and saves the day. Is it some second child sub conscious resentment or something? Like when does Dean come first?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think more than him thinking it an acceptable sacrifice, I think he also thinks its what he... deserves. He has so many issues including ones with self-confidence, and he went through so much of John's abuse during his developmental years that he probably thinks this is how he's meant to be loved by his parents.

I don't think its subconscious resentment towards Dean, I don't think Dean really has anything to do with this, I think just how Dean has daddy issues and had and has a lot of problems facing the fact that his dad, who he idolized and still to some degree does, was not perfect, Sam has mommy issues, and he has had Mary up on a pedestal in a glass box for as long as he has been alive and when you have such a high opinion of somebody it is very difficult and painful to face the truth especially when that person is your mother.

I think Sam is in a very strong sense of denial of who Mary truly is, he so desperately wants to believe she loves them and cares for them that he's blinded himself to the truth, and that combined with his issues, his infatuation with the normal and Mary's manipulation tactic of withholding love, led to him being easy prey for Mary and allowed her to play him like a violin. It is upsetting that Dean is going to be caught in the storm of it but to me, personally, just like Dean is a victim, Sam's also a victim who's being used, abused, and manipulated by someone, who naive as it may be, he trusts.

In part I agree, he should know better by know, but I also understand as horrible as she may be Mary is his mom, and its gonna be difficult for him to break away.

That being said, I can completely understand the opposing view, I can understand why some would be angry with him, and maybe even hate him to some degree.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad we didn't have to see Mary last night!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too! It was a nice break!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 03-11-2017, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gelly, I do see what you're saying about Sam. I'm angry at Sam in general for keeping the truth from Dean, but he is being manipulated by Mary and she knows exactly what she's doing. She's the one to blame in all this, and she's going to get her rude awakening at some point. She might be able to sway Dean and/or Sam each once in awhile on the littler things, but she is going to push to hard at some point where it's going to be her or the other brother...and she is not going to like what they choose. And I'm anxiously awaiting that day.

Glad Sam came clean with Dean. and happy that Dean handled it well. It's good to see them both growing in that sense. They're back to trusting each other again.

We may not have seen Mary but we still had her call to Sam...now that Sam's working with the BMoL he's worth an actual phone call? Now she tells him she loves him? She is such a bitch!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

of course she loves them...they are doing what she wants. she is so two faced...i can't stand it any longer!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, she has no use for them unless they're caving in to something she wants. I wish Ellen was around, she'd put Mary in her place so freaken fast, Mary wouldn't know what hit her (Bobby two for that matter).
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was not an Ellen fan but I agree...she would tell her what's what...Bobby too especially!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ellen often rubbed the wrong way...but when you look back on it, she was so much better then Mary.

Bobby would have probably fed her to a hellhound by now. ...gosh I miss him. I didn't like how Mary said "Bobby Singer? Like wtf can she possibly have against Bobby? Was Bobby even hunting when she was around? I thought he lost his wife early 80's?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss Bobby too! I know right? Bobby probably wasn't a fan of Mary...
Old 03-14-2017, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very happy Sam came clean with Dean, and I think even though he went back to her, Mary has a loser grasp over Dean than she does with Sam. Does that make sense?

We got to see another common abuse tactic used by Mary, withhold love until the victim does what you want. I'd be impressed if it wasn't such a disgusting, damaging to do, and she wasn't doing it to her kids.

Oh Bobby He was so good the boys could use Bobby right now. Yeah, I don't get her problem with Bobby either, even if he was hunting while she was around he would have started when she was well and truly retired, then again if the Asa episode though us anything is that she never truly retired, so maybe she still had ears and eyes in the hunting world, and caught wind of the new hunter on the scene, which was Bobby. Or she got her dislike from John's journal, although I can't imagine anything too negative of Bobby in there.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never thought about John's journal. but the boys had it, I don't imagine they would keep anything in there that made Bobby look bad.

At some point I want Dean (especially) to throw it in Mary's face about what a good father Bobby was.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to see that! Especially Dean! Bobby was a parent to them...and he loved them without a doubt!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

It'd be great to see that
Old 03-16-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would be the next best thing to Dean killing her. ...on one hand I feel bad, because as a Dean fan I don't want to see him go through all the guilt and angst he'd surely have...but yet...if somebody is going to kill her, it better be Dean for the **** she put him through!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Closed Thread   Post New Thread