Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly, what was so awesome about her? it couldn't even be strictly for the sex because we've seen him with other women and Amelia was very vanllia. She's probably the worst choice he has ever made.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

Vanilla nice description, ugh...she so freaking annoying, Sam def could have done better.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

You know she's bad when you look back on things and think to yourself, that now that you've been tortured with Amelia, demon skank wasn't that bad.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

I am so glad you allow anti threads on this board because I absolutely loathed Amelia.

Thank the gods the writers realized fan consensus and completely scrapped her storyline.

I hated her the very first seconds she was on the show and it only got worse from there.

She got pissy at Sam because he raised his voice at the assistant even though it was obvious he was just extremely worried about the dog and just anxious to get the poor dog medical help. Almost everyone ends up raising their voice in a hospital when they are worried about whether or not someone is going to survive. He wasn't threatening the assistant/receptionist. He wasn't getting violent.

She acted as if Sam was a horrible person if he didn't adopt the dog without even knowing Sam's life story or mental state. It was even more ridiculous when you realize she DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A DOG. If she cared that much why the **** wasn't she taking in strays? She was all talk and forcing other people to do things that she wasn't even willing to do. Hypocrite.

She acted as if it wasn't a big freakin deal that he got the dog help after accidentally hitting him with his car. Does she not realize how many hit and RUNS there are? A lot of people do not stop when they hit an animal or a human. Sam stopped. Sam put the dog in his car and rushed him to the vet. Sam stayed to make sure the dog was going to be okay.

She judged Sam for not having roots even though she was living in a motel for months and hadn't even unpacked.

She got on his case for wearing army surplus clothes despite the fact that her father and husband were soldiers. She didn't even bother to find out if maybe Sam was a soldier too or in a family of soldiers. Heck, it didn't even enter her mind that maybe he doesn't have that much money and his clothing choices might reflect his financial situation. He probably shops in thrift stores. Not everyone has an MD and can afford department store prices.

She said she had no one and acted as if she were completely alone in the world and nobody cared about her despite the fact that, what is that, she had a loving father and lots of friends. She pulled away, she left them. The fact that she wasn't ready to let other people in doesn't mean that they weren't there to help her.

She didn't defend Sam when her father was being incredibly rude to him. For goodness sakes, her father was taking jabs at John even though he never met him. Amelia thought her dad was cute because he called himself a fuddy duddy after dissing Sam's dead dad.

Even the scene when she surprised him with a birthday cake in the park was infuriating. The tone in her voice when she said something like, "What? You've never had a birthday cake before?" She sounded so entitled and like someone that clearly doesn't delve below the surface. You just know she never even wondered about his past or anything he might have gone through.

Amelia was so unaware. Not naïve or stupid or sheltered. She was someone that didn't bother to see people or the world and just formed her own close minded and vapid opinions.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 05-11-2014 at 11:38 PM
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

I started watching season 8 not too long ago. I think when it comes to Amelia, I understand what the writers were trying to do: Sam wanted to move on with his life and Amelia served that purpose but she is an incredibly one-dimensional character.

I also feel like when it comes to writing love interests for either of the Winchester brothers, the writers really do not know what to do. The love interest is either too flawed and broken, or so damn perfect that it's hard to make a relationship believable.

The whole setup for Sam and Amelia too, is really cliche. I don't dislike the character, but I did start to get really curious about the purpose of these flashbacks, especially if nothing is going to come of them. I actually looked up Supernatural wiki to see if the actress is going to be in future episodes.

One more episode and she is no more.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread