Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Sooorta......

My point was with demons you can caught it all up, like Dean said: They want us dead we want them dead. (maybe not as dry nad black/white, but close enough)

With Angels I just feel things are a little more complicated depending which angel you're talking about, and I like that.
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

^Oh, okay. I like those complexities too.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Right... like there is room for growth, and I like that....
And as much as I do enjoy seeing the demons being all bad, one has to admitt they can be pretty one note...
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Updated the OP. (original poster no longer had pics online)

Over 5 yrs since this thread has been posted on...anyone want to start a discussion?

Do you like the angel story arc? Which angel do you like best? Which one do you wish they would bring back?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

I would like to see an angel who doesn't turn into a major jerk. We really only have Cas and it would be nice to see an angel whose on the boys side.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. They can't all be d***ks, right? I really liked Gabriel, he had a thing for the boys ... ok he liked killing Dean & torturing Sam but still
Old 01-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, Gadreel was a little lost in the beginning, but he turned out to be a nice guy after all, as well as Hannah.
What I would like, is to see and angel who's a good guy AND a fighter, a little like Gadreel was in the end.

Castiel can be both, but we rarely saw him be both at the same time. The Team Free Will moments was over too quickly
Maybe they're afraid that if there was a good guy with badass powers (and good looking too), it will still the glory from the Winchesters ? But I was a gamemaster for more then 12 years, and also learned scenario at my comic book school for two years, there are simple tricks to keep such a character from draining the attention. I don't believe that professional writers who work on SPN don't know those tricks.

However, lately we had a useless demon Dean who made me wonder why tha writers didn't use the golden mine that was a Knight of Hell with First Blade
Any monster we saw did more damage then demon Dean. Seeing him doing something really horrible could add to his fear of becoming the monster and add some drama to his guilt. Right now, he feels like he's been a monster, but come on, the only "crimes" he did was making fun of his one-night random girl and killing a mean guy who sold his soul to Devil...
To me, killing Amy Pond with her kid watching was far worse. But everyone had already forgotten about her.

As for the angel storyline as concept, why not ? If we can have demons without serious talks about religion, why can't we have angels without serious talks about religion too ?
Besides, Supernatural seems to be strongly inspired by Hellblazer (Constantine), and it have angels in it from the start without losing its badass side.
I just wish SPN could make a better (or shorter) storyline with angels.

My artist page : Kat Stribog

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 01-11-2015 at 09:17 AM
Kat Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

I've never really minded angels in SPN, & love Castiel, but I think they needed better story arcs. I know the show is about the bros but if you are going to bring in Heaven & Hell, at least make the arcs worth watching, imo
I know what the fans want, as they are very vocal, but also got the perspective of the writer this past summer speaking with 2 of them. They try to give fans what the want, stay true to the characters, but also have to answer to CW/WB people as well. That's a lot of people to please, so even though we aren't always happy, they do try their best.

I'm just hoping we'll see a more rounded Cas the rest of this season
Old 12-20-2015, 02:23 PM
New Fan

Angels

Has anyone noticed that the angels arent nearly as powerful as they showed in the begining
Nihar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

You are right... I'm thinking it's because of the fall. Though they are back in Heaven, they still can't fly/transport & they do have weaker powers.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think you're right. It makes a lot of sense that they would lose some of their powers after the fall.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I was just watching an epsiode of Criminal minds and the actor that played one of the characters seemed familiar and he had quite the sceen presence so i googled to see what I had seen him in and voila, it was Ephraim.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good eye, I watch Criminal Minds...and I never noticed.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

He was also on The Pacific and Nikita!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Very good catch. I've been watching older tv shows & find people like Rufus