Elite Fan

Eeee. I can't wait til Tuesday.

2 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanxs for the lastest news

I'm wandering if Yahoo is going to have all the eppys up for viewing. Because my mom won't let me watch it, I can't d/l the eppys because I'm at school
Old 09-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Passionate Fan

No this offer is only for the pilot...Once hte pilot will have aired yahoo will take it off the internet... sorry...

but how come your mom won't let you watch it?

Icon credit: -louise-
Old 09-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

news for today:

From hollywoodreporter.com

Quote:
Supernatural
By Barry Garron

Bottom line: Why wait for Halloween? There's lots of scary spooks and thrills right here, right now.

9-10 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
WB Network

It has been described as a cross between "Route 66" and "The X-Files." As descriptions go, that's not bad, but "Supernatural" is too complex and robust to be so easily categorized. It is as close as TV has come to importing the kind of horror associated with theatricals, but it combines those spine-tingling moments with camaraderie and mystery. Plus, it explores some intriguing and popular ghostly legends.

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, alumni of successful youth-oriented fare on WB Network (Padalecki from "Gilmore Girls," Ackles from "Smallville"), co-star as Sam and Dean Winchester, brothers with an eerie family history. When they were small children, their mother perished in an incident that defied both the laws of gravity and combustion. Their father raised the boys to track down spooks as he devoted his life to finding out who or what took his wife. Sam, tiring of the chase, tried to pursue a more normal lifestyle, but it wasn't to be. In the opener, Dean persuades Sam to join him in a search for their father, who dropped out of sight during a recent spirit hunt.

Sam is the voice of restraint and conscience, while Dean is more impetuous, a free spirit and risk taker. (Their names are an homage to Sal and Dean in Jack Kerouac's "On the Road," a favorite with creator Eric Kripke.) In the 70-minute premiere, they confront a woman in white with a penchant for hitchhiking on dark highways, always to the detriment of the male driver.

It's hard to know what to pack for such occasions. Sam and Dean keep enough weaponry in the trunk of their 1967 Chevrolet Impala to host a small gun and firearms show. They lack only business cards that say, "Hate Ghosts, Will Travel."

David Nutter, a veteran "X-Files" director and the go-to helmsman for many WB pilots ("Jack & Bobby," "Tarzan," "Smallville," "Roswell"), directed the pilot and dotted it with several edge-of-your-seat moments. Equally important, he blended these moments with other strong dramatic elements, including the reconciliation of the brothers and their constant struggles to investigate the paranormal while avoiding suspicious but invariably dull-witted local authorities. Maintaining that pace and tone, as well as some glorious special effects, will be a challenge every bit as great as defeating the weekly demonic forces.

The Tuesday night competition includes "House" on Fox, "The Amazing Race" on CBS and promising newcomers on NBC ("My Name Is Earl") and ABC ("Commander in Chief"). Still, "Supernatural" is unlike anything else out there and should build a following among viewers who appreciate its combination of spooky mythology and mystery adventure.

SUPERNATURAL
WB Network
Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision

From contaxguide.com

Quote:
A boy Buffy?
Jensen Ackles fights evil in ‘Supernatural’

By IAN SPELLING

“I think that with this show the possibilities are limitless,” Jensen Ackles says of his new TV series, “Supernatural.” Scheduled to debut on The WB network Sept. 13, “Supernatural” casts Ackles and Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester, brothers who zip across the back roads of America in a 1967 Chevy Impala, fighting the forces and faces of evil.
Along the way the two brothers try to solve a trio of horrific, and likely connected, incidents: the 20-year-old murder of their mother, the recent and mysterious disappearance of their father – who was, himself, in the business of fighting evil – and the gruesome demise of Sam’s girlfriend.
The handsome, 27-year-old Ackles, who hails from Dallas, is no stranger to the world of horror and sci-fi. His credits include a season each of “Dark Angel” (2000-2002) and “Smallville” (2001-present), the direct-to-DVD fright-film “Devour” (2005) and the aborted, never-aired series “Still Life” (2005). Speaking by telephone from his apartment in Vancouver, British Columbia, which is not far from where “Supernatural” is filmed, Ackles sounds pleased to add the new show to his resume.
“These two brothers are out there looking for their dad, and each town they go into will give them a different clue, and each town is also a different situation, has a different folklore legend or urban legend,” Ackles says. “And they know what to do. They’ve been trained to know what to do.
“Sam wants to do nothing but find dad, and Dean says, ‘We will find him eventually. He’s not abandoned us, but in the meantime he’s given us a job to do and we’ve got to do it.’ On top of that, Sam is even more apt to investigate things because he also wants to find out what happened to his girlfriend.
“I’ve talked to Eric Kripke, our creator, and he said he doesn’t like to give the audience questions and never give them answers, so I know that the father thing is not going to go on forever,” Ackles says. “It will get cleared up at some point and the brothers will have a new kind of driving force.”
Ackles goes on to note that while “Supernatural” is sure to cause plenty of goosebumps, it also has its humorous moments. Much of that humor will fall to Ackles, since he portrays the more playful of the two brothers.
“You’re going to have your funny stuff,” Ackles says. “I think you’re going to have a little bit of a Han Solo-Luke Skywalker relationship, and that kind of playful action, too. You’re going to have your girls who the boys will fight for. You’ll have Dean being a mischievous moron, and you’ll have Sam bringing his brother back to reality.
Photo by Justin Lubin
CREEPSHOW: Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) faces off with evil while searching for his missing dad in “Supernatural.”

“At the same time you’ve got Dean forcing Sam to own up to what he’s supposed to be doing. So that’ll be pretty serious sometimes,” Ackles says.
“Plus, you will have the scares, lots of scares.”
Ackles and Padalecki play the only regular characters on “Supernatural.” Ackles says, however, that the show will feature plenty of one-off guest characters.
“There’s not a lot of room yet for anyone else,” Ackles says. “I would assume that, at some point, they’ll get into character arcs of some sort, so that you’d see a character stick around for a few episodes. You may even see an additional series regular at some point – I’m not quite sure.
“Just because we’re traveling to different places every week, you’ll see a multitude of guest stars every episode, and then probably never again,” Ackles says. “We’re already making the jokes about ‘Who’s the hot babe of the week?’ and ‘Who’s the freak of the week?’
“Actually, today I’m going in and working with Daniel Hugh Kelly,” he adds. “Amy Acker from ‘Angel’ is in the episode we’re doing now, too, and she’s got a really good part. So there are definitely some people the audience will already be familiar with and there will be a lot of people we’ll be introducing them to.”
As the creator of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (1997-2003), “Charmed” (1998-present) and “Smallville” (2001-present), The WB network is no stranger to series that deal with the supernatural. With the new series, however, the network is attempting to branch out in a new and darker direction.
Ackles says that The WB is fully committed to this new series and, therefore, he is enthusiastic about its potential.
“I am ready, and I’ll tell you why,” he says. “This is something that the WB is 100 percent behind. We’ve got Kim Manners, who’s a great director and did a lot of ‘The X-Files’ (1993-2002), up here directing ‘Supernatural.’
“So I think that ‘Supernatural’ is something people are really excited about, that everybody’s excited to be a part of, and when you get that kind of momentum and energy behind something, it’s going to be really cool.”

Also the WB Inside and Out thing that Julie posted caps of in the pic thread is available to download at http://www.supernaturalfan.net/
Old 09-12-2005, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitaro
No this offer is only for the pilot...Once hte pilot will have aired yahoo will take it off the internet... sorry...

but how come your mom won't let you watch it?
I might be able to watch it on the weekends, isn't because she doesn't like my sci-fi stuff. Also because she might think that its scaring
Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

1 day, 9 hours, 29 minutes.

Squeeeeeeeeee!
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I might not get the chance until the weekend, its played like three times a week here
Old 09-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the info Maz

Jensen as Boy Buffy

Icon Credit
Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG that's great about him being a guy version of Buffy
Old 09-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

aww i just watched the wb inside and out thing and they're so cute. Jared bought Jensen a play station ( i think we read this somewhere already), and they were being cute and dorky. Im so glad they're getting attention/
Old 09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really glad too, but I have to catch up on the articles. You keep us updated with loads
Old 09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I think if people will like the show we'll get even more stuff of the guys ! I really hope so.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Too much to read I'll go through the whole thread, and read the articles
Old 09-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread