Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

9x22 - "Stairway to Heaven" Episode Discussion

Stairway to Heaven
TUESDAY MAY 13TH, 2014
THE CW

TESSA THE REAPER RETURNS — After a massive attack on the angels, Castiel (Misha Collins) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help. As they leave, Dean’s eagerness to bring the First Blade doesn’t go unnoticed by Sam who is worried about the cost to his brother whenever he uses the Blade. Meanwhile, Castiel is shocked when he learns the angel that caused the attack was one of his followers and did it in his name. Dean discovers there is a conspiracy amongst Castiel’s angel followers and at the heart of it is Tessa, the Reaper. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#922).
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry this is so late. totally lost track of time on Sunday!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's cool tftnt and yay for the new episode tonight!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

It's hard to believe this is barely Tessa's fourth episode. She's been with the series for 7, almost 8 years.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

this will be interesting Can't wait to see Tessa again

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm on Twitter right now live tweeting the episode.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 05-13-2014 at 09:40 PM
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Jared looks like he got a hair cut.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. One of the best of the season!

It looks like us Destiel shippers had nothing to worry about. Fans were going to start using a WeMissDestiel twitter tag but then this episode had Destiel galore.

I'm probably going to spend the next week analyzing Metatron's "Heaven" for Castiel. It reminds me when I was obsessed analyzing the symbolism in Buffy's dreams.

As soon as Gadreel put out his hand for Dean to shake I was screaming "don't kill him" to Dean over and over again.

Where is everyone? It's Team Free Will Tuesday! You better be on for Winchester Wednesday.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 05-14-2014 at 05:08 PM
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

What right does that woman have to bug a girl about what she eats And then they all die. I feel for the little boy
Aah, sleeping Sam. Ain’t he just cute? … “Nice reflexes. Better hair.” omg, his hair was gorgeous and Dean played the part of annoying big brother beautifully.
Dean about Cas: “Because he’s a weird guy. A weird, dorky little guy.” What?
Thank you Sam for speaking up about the First Blade. He’s trying to talk sense into his big bro. Somehow I don’t think Dean is really going to listen
Spears & Aguilera? That knowledge Metatron gave him is really coming in handy, huh?
Really? Metatron got a trench coat. How cheesy. Cas lovefest? Metatron is jealous. Such a nerd. Love the trench coat joke
Cas: They like to hear me say their names.
Dean: I know a couple of women like that
I have to say, it is a bit weird everyone calling Cas “Commander”
Cas: I’m gonna be sick. – Poor guy. He sounded very human there.
Wth, Dean? Air out all of Cas’ past in front of everyone? How in the world is that going to help things? Cas is truly baffled by this.
Thank you Sam for being the logical one. Work the case. Find out what is going on.
I love the way Cas tells Dean No. And did you see Sam’s expression when Dean said that Sam was going with Cas to hunt down the missing angel? Poor Sam. It seems he’s in the middle of an arguing couple.
Sam driving Cas’ pimp-mobile. I wish Cas knew more about the MoC *sigh* but at least they are talking about it. And Sam believes Cas, though the followers are a bit creepy.
Wow, that angel is telling Metatron like it is. A nerd trying to hang with the popular kids.
Not sure I trust Dean interrogating angels by himself. She could dish out the talk, but when Dean goes postal on her, she plays a damsel. Ugh but Dean has a short fuse (no matter how freaking sexy that is )
Cas & Sam working together…loving it. They get along so well. Sam can’t seem to open a door.
Cas: Step aside. I got this. I don’t got this.
Tessa! A suicide bomber? Wth? What happened to her? And since when are Reapers angels? Has that ever been brought up before? I thought they were a totally different being.
Back to Sam & Cas. They can’t get into the buiding…a riddle is on the building.
Cas: Why is six afraid of seven?
Sam:It’s because seven eight nine. Sam’s expression
Lord of the Rings reference by Cas is too hilarious.
Tessa: “Your brother’s a psycho, Sam.” Hmmm, foreshadowing “There’s no God, only Castiel.” Uh, not this time.
Why are the scenes with Cas & Sam in that building reminding me of The Hardy Boys? Oh crap, those blades The Last Crusade? Metatron is taking booby-traps from Indiana Jones movies? Glad Sam got the reference.
Looks like a 80’s prom “Heaven. I’m in Heaven.And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.” Oh, my, makes me think of Alistar and good ol’ days of demon hunting.
Burnt angel He got “home aloned”. This episode is FULL of movie reference.
Brutal honesty from Tessa. The screaming from lost souls. Yeah, that would drive anyone mad. What? Dean, why did you bring the blade? Tessa was too weak to kill herself, but not on the blade? That contradicts what she just said. Now she’s dead and Dean is in trouble.
Unusual sight…Dean bound & gagged. Bros arguing…Cas playing parent?
I’m tired of Metatron. He needs to die now. But Curtis is doing a great job being so annoying. Metatron spills all of Cas’ secrets. Stolen grace… crap!
“At the end of the day, the only thing he cares about is himself and the Hardy Boys there.” Hmm, sounding like Crowley now.
Cas’ biggest fear is coming true. About being a bad leader. To prove himself, he has to kill Dean? What? Flashbacks to Naomi. I knew he couldn’t. That “profound bond” won’t let him But he just lost his “army”.
Gadreel is pissed at Metatron. You can see it etched in his expression & his voice. Is he finally seeing Metatron for who he really is?
“He’s in love with humanity.” Hasn’t Cas always been? No surprise there.
Awkward silent car ride…but when Sam tries to talk to Dean about the First Blade stuff at the bunker…wow Dean is an a**! “We are not a team. This is a dictatorship.” WTH?!? And Sam took it by sulking off to his room? The old Sam (earlier seasons) would have punched him right there. I don’t like how this relationship has completely gone to crap.
Cas:“You really believe we three will be enough?”
Dean: “We always have been.” Now that is like old Dean…not the one who just stomped all over Sam.
Gadreel!! He’s trying to do the right thing. “I’ve made mistakes…but haven’t you? Haven’t we all?” It looks like Sam was willing. Work with the enemy? What? Dean, no!!! Their only shot! He’s like a madman. Dean has completely lost it. Crap, crap, crap…feeling speechless.

Thoughts: A lot happened in this episode as they try to wrap up the season. Only one episode left. Hard to believe how much has happened and how messed up all the relationships are. Twitter was full of variety last night. Destiel haters were out with the #diedestieldie tags. Sam girls loving that Sam spoke more than a sentence at a time. Dean girls gushing over BA Dean. Cas haters. Cas lovers. Even a couple of Sastiels out there. But also a lot of people throwing hate toward the writers. Okay, I haven’t exactly liked what has occurred this season with the brother’s relationship. SPN has always been about them, but as a writer myself, I understand the why behind it. A series can’t stay on as long as it has without trials and suspense, and new twists (Season 7 was the worst for me but it had its good episodes as well) The writers have given us characters that we love. Yes, they put them through hell, sometimes literally, but that’s their job. We wouldn’t love the characters without the writers writing them as they are. So if you are on Twitter, please take a moment and send some love to the writers, even if you aren’t liking this season. They have bosses too, you know.
Sorry, done with that rant… I did enjoy last night’s episode. Loved having more Sam/Cas time. I believe I’m shipping Sastiel more as of late Metatron needs to die. The MoC needs to go away. I won’t give up on the show, but I have a feeling we are soooo not going to like how it ends next week. The nice thing is we have Season 10 for redemption and to fix all the craziness.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Total Fan

This episode

I think it was definitely one of the best of the season because it showed, for me, what has been building up within Cas for a long time: HIS LOVE FOR HUMANITY.

Plus Destiel was pretty great too

I really loved how Team Free Will is back together, but i hate the after effects of the First Blade on Dean. He needs to be stopped soon or he will do something he regrets.

Overall it was a great episode and I am really excited for the season finale!

~ Katie
What's a hickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode! Wow Dean has really gone darkside!

Omg Sam and Cas were so cute together and funny and poor Gadreel and Tessa too!

I'm ready to see what happens in the finale!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

You are right that Metatron is "a nerd trying to hang out with the cool kids."

In my opinion, he's the lowly freshman that got hand picked for the yearbook and now he thinks he knows what high school is like. His rant about Cas was so "Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!" All but one (Castiel) of the cool kids have graduated (Michael, Lucifer, Gabriel, Naomi, Anna, Raphael, Zachariah, Uriel, Rachel, Sammandriel, etc.) and Metatron can't even get along with the B list angels. He's the bottom rung that thinks because he knows the principal, he's something special.

I loved Tessa so much in this episode. She was a nice contrast from Cas' followers. She may have thought she was following him but her emotions and motivations were still more aligned with Dean. She really showed in this ep why she was Dean's reaper. They get each other so well and have so much in common, though she is better at seeing the big picture since her "father" is Death.

That female angel that said she hates Dean pissed me off. How she acted as if Dean is like Faith in S3 of BtVS, someone that cares more about killing than saving. Dean is like Buffy, constantly sacrificing and choosing to give up his entire life and happiness for the cause and putting his entire heart into things. That angel has to know what her people have done to Dean and his family. How they've manipulated them and hunted them and tortured them. And angels were made to be warriors too. How can she act like Dean fighting for the cause is just him being a brutal bloodthirsty man. That was so sexist of her. It made me miss Naomi and Anna and Rachel and Hester so much.

It's too bad nobody told her that she probably slaughtered firstborns in Egypt. Can you imagine someone like her leading the charge against Lucifer? She did not sound like an angel at all. She sounded like a naïve pacifist that thinks you can defeat Hitler with kind words.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just caught up on the episode..I was away last week..

Great opening!! Dean can’t give up the blade when he really should! It’s doing bad things to him! Suits! love the fake last names enough of you Gadreel! Dean is creeped out Sam doing research! I do agree…the “commander” thing is creepy! They need to work the case together! Sam driving baby! Tessa? Really? Sam and Castiel trying to get the door open…they can’t. Dean going to talk to Tessa! More people with the symbol on their chests and stabbing themselves! Crazy!! Lord of the Rings reference! The door to heaven? That is so random! It’s a fake heaven! Dean has the first blade!! Omg! He stabbed her!! Sam’s not happy! “is anyone? Ever” love funny Dean! Metatron wants to be God? They want Castiel to punish Dean! he made the right choice! Dean you are breaking my heart! They will be enough! Omg! Gadreel is there! Omg!!! Dean!! that was so crazy!!! Great episode....really intense!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Even though Metatron's the bad guy, his lines always crack me up.

"He's like a mentally deficient puppy."
Old 11-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

He's definitely the bad guy you can't help but have a love/hate relationship with