Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Maybe my expectations for TV nowadays is low, but I didn't find this episode to be so terrible. A bit slow at times, sure, but not so horrible.

Oh, and instead of giving Ennis his own show, they have just kept him on SPN and showed him from time to time, like they do with Charlie, Cas, etc.

He could have learned how to hunt from other Hunters, and we could have him come back every now and then.

Last edited by McCallDavisWinchesterFan; 11-06-2015 at 09:34 AM
McCallDavisWinchesterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

The episode wouldn't have been so universally hated if it wasn't a backdoor pilot. As a filler it was fine and I liked Ennis and loved that Dean got called Buffy. But there are SO MANY better sequel ideas. The fact that they would chose this one is exactly why fans have been complaining about the new nepotism-chosen dudebro sexist writers. Literally the only cool thing about the story was that the main character was black.

We could've gotten Wayward Daughters. We could've gotten the Weechesters. We could've gotten Charlie & Dorothy in Oz. We could've gotten Linda Tran & ghost Kevin.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I didn't hate the episode, but as someone who watched the episode without reading anyone's opinion about it beforehand, I do have to admit that it wouldn't have made it as a different show.

The story wasn't strong enough. It was decent, yes, but I didn't feel the driving need to know what would happen next. I could already guess that Ennis would eventually become a Hunter.

The part about the different monster families ruling Chicago was neat, but it felt too much like The Vampire Diaries.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

There was all this hype before hand, about this being the beginning of a SPN spin off... yeah, the story line was very weak, it was too TVD/Originals like, and really, it's an old, worn out back plot. The actual episode wouldn't have too bad as a filler, however at the time the network was really working it up to be a new show & the fans told them just what they thought of it

I actually thought a Men of Letters series would be interesting
Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I'd love to see a spin-off of the show, if they could actually make it work.

I'd love to see another Hunter's story, not just Sam and Dean's.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I don't know. This pilot episode of a possible spin off just didn't really work for me. I would not have watched it based off of this episode. I wasn't surprised when they decided to not go forward with the series.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes this episode was lame! J2/SD tried their best to help but the other characterside were so blah...
Old 03-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
I don't know. This pilot episode of a possible spin off just didn't really work for me. I would not have watched it based off of this episode. I wasn't surprised when they decided to not go forward with the series.
Completely agree! It was an episode wasted IMO. Didn't like the new characters or the storyline, so many proven characters on the show already, and you're going to create characters to spin off? Not to mention the fact that totally screwed over proven canon, like shape shifting, since when do you just shift! It's painful it takes time!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes I agree Bee! Changing cannonn for a spin off is a big no-no. I couldn't connect with the new characters or even care about them at all. This has got to be the worst idea for a spin off ever.

I think this will be an ep that I just permanently skip for rewatches.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top