Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

9.17 - "Mother's Little Helper" Episode Discussion Thread

Mother's Little Helper

Dean struggles with the after effects of the Mark of Cain. Meanwhile, Sam hears about a case where straight-laced people are turning into violent murderers. Sam suspects possession and suggests to Dean that they investigate, but Dean tells him to go without him. While interviewing the local townsfolk, Sam meets an elderly woman named Julia, who tells him the Men of Letters came to town in 1958. Josie tells Sam the story of a young man named Henry Winchester and his female companion, Josie Sands. While Sam is away, Crowley tests Dean.

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt! Excited to what happens next witht he Mark of Cain & what Sam will find out about the past with their Grandad!

Misha's directed episode is finally here!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT! Cant wait to see what Misha did with the ep!

~ Katie
What's a hickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I can't wait to see the episode! I'm sure he did great!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Fla.

Looks interesting. Can't wait to find more out about the mark of cain.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT ;yay: I can't wait for this episode
Old 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, the episode looks really interesting

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
New Fan

AHHHH!! I love finding out about The Men of Letters' past!! Can't wait for the episode!!
Winchester27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay one more day to go!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! sounds like it'll be a great episode
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Misha Collins ‏@mishacollins 11h
I'll be live-twitting tomorrow during the US east & west coast airings along with @TheOrlandoJones & others. You must join us. #Supernatural

sounds like a fun time on Twitter tonight
Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Woah…crazy opening!! New case!! They are both not ok…they need to make up! Misha directed the episode? She killed herself! Poor Dean that’s what you get for trusting people that pick up hitchhikers! Omg! It’s the hitchhiker guy! Omg!! He stabbed her! Flashbacks!! Crowley! Sam talking with the old lady and she mentions the men of letters! One day I but that Crowley will get killed by Dean…permanently! Henry mention! Pretending to be a nun and a priest! Always going back to demonic possession! Crowley isn’t really worried about Dean! sleazy Crowley as always!! Jake talking to Crowley! Sam in a church!! Shiny jars! Souls in the jars! Making demons? That’s a new one! Sam’s latin coming from his phone! That was awesome Sam! Billy is back! She betrayed everyone so she left being a nun! Wow! They just need answers! Interesting episode! Enjoyed it.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed it.

Was that Marion Ross? Why was she not publicised more? I had no clue she was going to be on the episode until I saw her. She was fantastic!

Josie/Abaddon...love the twist that Josie was in love with Henry. Abaddon has always been a bitch apparently.

Henry! MY SECOND FAVORITE WINCHESTER! How I adore him. I wish we'd be able to see more of him. He just has this 'oh shucks' quality about him. (Is it just me or does Gil remind anybody else of Ethan Embry? )

SPN wants to do a spin off? They should have done a Men Of Letters Prequel and have it revolve around Henry Winchester.

Sam...so let me get this straight, it's perfectly fine for you to treat Dean like dirt, to ignore him and push him away...but when Dean isn't following you around begging for whatever little scrap of attention you bother to throw in his direction, you get all puppy eyed and feel neglected? Can't have it both ways Sammy, you set the rules, time you follow them.

DEAN...OMG LOVING THIS STORYLINE SO MUCH! IT'S GOING TO BE A DARK BUMPY ROAD...BUT IT'S GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!

Crowley, quit manipulating Dean! Bad Demon!

Sam/Baby...NO! The MoL bunk is filled with other cars...use one of those!

Misha's directing...It's was good. there were some shots that seemed odd and or choppy...but it was an Adam Glass episode...it could fully be the writers fault.

Over all
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I think the episode was good & Misha did a great job directing!

I think it will be a very dark road ahead for Dean & it will pbeinteresting to see how the Mark of Cain continues to change him.

Gil does kind of look like Ethan Embry. Yes a MOL spin off would be great.

I def wonder how the Mark of Cain/Dar! Dean will continue to effect Sam/Dean already messed up relationship. I really how it gets better sooner than later for the bros.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

That guys at the beginning should have just shut his mouth and been happy with meatloaf, becuz that looked like it hurt
Dean's not sleeping? Not good at all And Obsessed?!? I think they both have those tendencies any way, right? So, no, Dean's NOT fine. Sam, you see that, why aren't you doing more??
It's a bit strange to see Sam with Baby without Dean. Does Baby miss her daddy?
Sam reaching out to Dean, but he's not responding Alcohol won't kill whatever he's feeling. And if anyone understands how tempting that dark power is, it's Sam *sigh*
Uh oh, that kid should know better about getting into dark vans at night. Never seen a horror movie? or Supernatural?
Sam: "Buddy, give it a rest." Okey, it was a kid, but the way Sam handled him was H-O-T, right? Poor waitress. ;(
Talking to that kid Sam saw a little of himself in him. "Soulless Sam" - nice flashbacks
Crowley: "You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kind of makes me your mistress." OMG Mark has the best lines
Yeah, Sam is a lot more open minded than most
MOL in Milton in 1958 Henry & Josie Love MOL history and back stories
Jensen & Mark have some really great onscreen chemistry during the bar scene. Gruff Dean is sexy
Awww, Henry is worries about his family. Just wish John knew about it
How was it that Josie knew what that symbol was, but never heard of them, yet Henry did?
Henry = Mr Dreamy such a cutie
Josie sacrifices herself to save Henry. She loved him. Such a shame he was oblivious ... or maybe there is more to the story
Dean: "Shut your pie hole, Crowley."
Crowley: "Off to water the lily. Care to cross streams?"
What's with the other hunter going after Crowley? Really? And why is Dean stopping him?
Crowley: "You just want to touch the Precious, don't you?" Does that sound dirty to you as it did to me?
Creepy abandoned place. Souls in jars? 1 demon down, but watch out Sam, there's always another... Ouch
Abbadon creating an army with good souls? Not good
Exorcism on phone. Smart and it gave him enough time to gank her butt
Bye bye souls, home you go Go Sam!
Poor Julia. Wish should could have warned Henry somehow. Would have avoided a lot
Sam's case brought new light to their mission.

I really liked this episode. Misha did awesome!!! I liked that we got to see Sam stand a little more on his own feet again. I think it's helped with his confidence and getting him back on track after finding out what Abbadon was up to. And it really showed us what Dean was going through. The fear he hides and the struggle he's having. But he's gotta know that if anyone has his back, it's Sam...not Crowley. Looking forward to more