Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

9.11 - "First Born" Episode Discussion Thread

"First Born"
January 21, 2014

TIM OMUNDSON (“PSYCH”) GUEST STARS AS CAIN — Looking to reclaim his place as King of Hell, Crowley (Mark Sheppard) asks Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help finding “The First Blade,” the only blade that can kill Abbadon (guest star Alaina Huffman). Knowing he owes Crowley a favor for helping Sam (Jared Padalecki), and also wanting Abaddon dead himself, Dean reluctantly agrees and the two set off on a road trip. However, Dean and Crowley are completely unprepared when they find out who has the blade – Cain (guest star Omundson), the first son. Meanwhile, Sam is back at the bunker with Castiel (Misha Collins) who notices there is some leftover grace inside Sam. If they can extract it, they can use the grace to track Gadreel. The only problem is the procedure may do permanent damage to Sam.

John Badham directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson (911).

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Fla.

Sam with yet more permanent damage? Didn't see that coming. (yes that was sarcasm)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt yay for Tuesday! Poor Sam with always having something wrong him!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Something permanently wrong with him that is fixed in the next one or two episodes. Look at his wall breaking, and his near death after the trials and who knows how many things before that.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay new episode tonight!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Crazy beginning! Crowley! He’s always showing up to annoy Dean! “Can I kill you now?” Crowley wants to hunt with Dean? That’s suspicious! Sam! they should call Dean!! Dean pretty much attacking Crowley for saying that they were family. Why is it always going to be painful? Splashing Dean with the holy water…that wasn’t nice! But Crowley is a jerk! I was never a John fan! Who wouldn’t pick Dean over Crowley? Seriously! Father of murder? Cain making Crowley be quiet Crowley is talking again “you and Dean…you choose each other” that is creepy…guy on the phone and the creepy burned face! Poor Sam Sam will always be worth it! Go Dean! just sitting there watching the fight! You tell him Dean! he doesn’t have the blade? What? I usually hate Castiel but I like him this episode! That mark is crazy! Flashbacks to the past! Dean stabbing Cain! Cain sending Dean and Crowley outside so he can fight! Sam needs to be better! No! not enough grace : ( Crowley saying that Dean is worthy aww! Dean punching Crowley! Omg! It’s the mark! Great episode! Interesting!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, let's see if I can put my emotions into words after only one watching. I'll probably watch it during west coast airing as well, so might have more later

Crowley once more has some great lines. "Is that smile for me?"
Bada** Dean, all attitude is down right sexy
Poor Cas can't enjoy PB& J anymore
Cas: Jam I found unsettling.

Crowley: I've been inside your brother, we're practically family.
Dean called Crowley a D*ckbag!
Hunter's Hogwarts ?!? Can you imagine the fan fics from that one
Dean & Crowley BESTIES! omg! had me laughing so hard

Cas: You have a guinea pig? Where?
Cas: You and Dean chose each other. **THAT is why Dean chose to save Sam!!!! ** Doesn't Sam get that??

Sam: My life's not worth more than anyone elses'. Ever the martyr

Crowley: You're good, but I'm Crowley

Again, kick-butt Dean was so dang sexy! It's nice to see him on top of his game again though it seems as if he's really cut off a lot of his emotions for it
Cain has truly learned his lesson...asking Dean where his brother is now? I wanted to slap Dean over the head. Duh, they should both know they are best together, not alone because that's when they really make bad decisions.

Cas: Nothing is worth losing you. The fan fics that will have that line will be plenty as well as...
Cas: It changed my view of you.
Cas: The only person who has screwed things up more consistently than you is me
******* SPEECHLESS after Cas's talk to Sam **********
Absolutely the Sam & Cas time, though I wish it would have been more.

Jealous Abbadon. Who would have guessed?
Nice twist on the Cain & Able story. And it seems to go right back to foreshadowing a Dean & Sam drama thing *sigh* Will Dean go to Hell now and Sam Heaven...oh, wait, isn't it closed or is it just closed to angels. gggrrrr

Ok, the mark of Cain. WTH! Dean!!!! Doesn't he have enough burdens? Why does he have to kill Abbadon? Isn't that Crowley's job? Or maybe Dean will become Crowley's pet and Sam will have to save Dean? Does it screw with any of their souls? I'm so confused. I don't like it. It's brought about more questions. I'm all for getting rid of Abbadon, but hey, he's not the only one to do it. Oh my, did everyone else see Crowley crossing himself?

Awwww, loved loved loved the Sam & Cas moment. Sam teaching Cas how to hug
"This is the part where you hug back."

Finally...no surprise that Crowley was manipulating Dean the entire time.
Crowley: No body hates you more than you do.
Crowley: Always something with you boys, isn't it.

Overall opinion.... Loved it. Had some great moments and brought tears to my eyes with Cas & Sam. BUT...come on, where's our Sam? Why is he getting such little time? We need him doing more action, more POV. But then, when I think about it, they made this right before Christmas, right? He was probably spending more time with Gen getting ready for son #2, so I guess I can forgive the writers this once.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

they were so funny and sweet!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg haha yes it was! I loved that scene too!

Omg awesome episode! I loved the Sastiel moments so much! Yay they hugged! Jared & Misha are so cute!

Yay Sam & Cas had a heart to heart & told Sam to stop trying to scarfice himself all the time!

I liked the Dean/Crowley/Cain scenes too! Bamf fight scene & Jensen was totally rugged sexy last night too!

Dark!Dean with the mark here we come!

Last edited by quin0611; 01-22-2014 at 08:35 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed that episode.

BAMF Dean is so so so hot! Not to mention oodles of interesting! I'm shocked that he might actually be getting his own storyline. I'm really looking forward to where this will lead. So many possiblities.

Loved the Dean/Crowley moments...and usually I'm not a Crowley fan, but I really loved the Dean/Crowley dynamic. I hope we see more of it in the future.

I want to know what having the Cain mark means for Dean...does it change him? Do demons respect him? WHAT!? I can't wait to find out.

Sam/Cas? Eh. I like that Cas was defending Dean...other then that eh. I rewatched the episode 3 times so far, only watched the Sam/Cas scenes once.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its Dean's trun to really go down dark path & to for Sam to get a break once from the darkside its nice change. Its cool see a storyline reversal! It will be interesting to see what happens next! I wonder how this change in Dean will effect Sam & Dean relationship?

I loved seeing Sam & Cas bond its time they finally get a chance too!

Last edited by quin0611; 01-22-2014 at 06:05 PM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Great ep, Dean and Crowley hunting together was an excellent plot twist and the intro to Cain was great too, retired from evil is so funny he challenged Dean and he can def handle himself, he kicked ass
Old 01-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love how he just sat back and let Dean handle things. Should have known something was up then, but I just thought he thought Dean was cocky. LOVE this storyline! Can't wait to see exactly what having the mark means. What it changes.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode was so great.... Dean and Crowley.... And YES.. Finally Sam and Cas... Love the connection between them... I remember their first meeting.... And now??? Cas can imagine what Sam goes through.. WHat he feels.. Cas was so adorable... And Dean... Holy.... Dean on the dark road???? I would LOVE it...Can´t wait where the road goes for him and Sam
Jaredina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I wanna know what is gonna happen next too! I think it will be very interesting.