Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

9.07 - "Bad Boys" Episode Discussion Thread

"Bad Boys"
October 19,2013, The CW

Dean (Jensen Ackles) gets a call from an old friend named Sonny (guest star Blake Gibbons) asking for help with a ghost. Sonny runs a home for delinquent boys, and Dean was sent there for stealing food when he was younger. Sam (Jared Padalecki) is stunned he never knew this about his brother and asks for more information, but Dean dodges his questions. Another murder occurs while Sam and Dean are at the house, so they scramble to find the culprit before anyone else dies. Meanwhile, Dean looks up an old girlfriend (guest star Erin Karpluk) and recalls his time at the house.

Kevin Parks directed the episode written by Adam Glass (907).

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so excited Erin is going to be guest staring on this episode! Her and Jensen have been friends for YEARS! Ever since his Dark Angel days. In fact she's been on the show before...she was the girl with the kid back in season one...the one where Sam had to stop the fire in her nursery...(I'm blanking on the episode title). Not to mention she stars in one of my all time favorite tv shows! (Being Erica)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! I'm excited for this episode too! We will learn more about Dean and so will Sam! Yes I like Erin too from Being Erica, it will be cool to her Jensen working together too!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Finally, seems like and ep worth watching in full.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
New Fan

Writers need to rewatch old episodes!

I'm really looking forward to the new episode, mostly because it deals with the kind of cases they used to have, before the Angels&Demons explosion. One thing though, in the preview Dean is telling Sam about how he met Sonny and he brings up a Roogaroo? hunt that his Dad went on when Sam and Dean were kids. In a previous episode, can't remember the name or which season, but Sam and Dean meet up with an old hunter aquaintance of their fathers that introduced them to the idea of the Roogaroo. According to the show, the guys never knew these types of creatures existed until they were well into their 20's. Writers are starting to slip up again!
Cat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for new episode tonight! Yes I miss the old motw episodes too! Ugh to writer slip ups. I think they need to re watch old episodes sometimes.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Young Sam and Dean moments!! I miss them!! Woah…crazy beginning!! They lied to Sam! Dean went to a boys home! Looks like a creepy place! Little boy in the window! Flashbacks!! Poor Dean! Dean will always get in trouble…that’s just who he is! Sonny seems like a nice guy! Sam finding Dean’s old bed! Praying? I don’t think so! Dean looking for the ghost! Omg! The boy! The handshake! So cute! Meat Cleaver…nice. Digging up graves again!! Burning the body! Lights flickering! Omg!! Crazy!! Omg! Young Dean again!! He’s way to cute!! “it’s a family thing I can’t really talk about it…” Aw Dean! Back on the case!! Love Dean using the ID to get information!! Aww…Dean and Timmy are too cute! Sam learning all this stuff about Dean! The Rosary! Omg!! Timmy is causing the accidents? What is going on with Timmy! Be careful Sam!! omg! The drawings! Flashbacks! Dean wanted to be a rock star! or a mechanic! Seriously! How could she forget? Omg! Timmy! He can’t control his mom? Crazy! Omg! Burning the action figure! Of course its Timmy! Omg! That is one scary ghost lady! Aww…Timmy aww….Dean and Timmy hugging! Dean’s life changed so much! aww…Sam sad! He wasn’t where he belonged!! Omg…Dean didn’t to go to the dance b/c John came to get him! Omg! Young Sam! aww….Sam thanking Dean! awesome episode! Loved it!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Dean seeing little Sammy in the car.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ that scene made me cry! It was just so sweet yet heartbeaking all mixed into one. Dean loves Sammy so damn much! He always has and he always will. ....I think this is leading up to Sam finding out the truth about Zeke.

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!

First off...JOHN DEERE TRACTOR!....better yet....KILLER JOHN DEERE TRACTOR! (Do the writers read the boards? Because I use to complain they don't use John Deere's...and now it's always John Deere! ...now it's to get Dean on one! )

BOYS IN SOCKS!...I don't know what it is...but socked feet or bare feet....so HOT! Especially if it's Jared and Jensen!

Loved the Dean back story we got here (although fit did poke holes in what we've already been told...but i'll over look that)

The new young Dean....did not look 16...but he was a pretty good Dean.

AMULET!

Dean knows how to play guitar? THIS MUST BE BROUGHT UP AGAIN!

I LOVE that Dean was on a farm for two months...it does crazy things to my fangirly heart!

I also LOVE when Sammy is in little brother mode and realizing things about Dean he didn't know.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Dean/Timmy moments!

ADORED Timmy...what a little cutie!

BUT THIS EPISODE BROKE MY HEART! Poor Dean...he was happy and he gave it all up not for the first time, and definitely not for the last...why...because of his Sammy of course. I think if he looked out that window and just saw John...he might have stayed but as soon as he saw Sammy...how was he ever going to not go.

Do they do it on purpose to make me hate John?

Erin Karpluk! I have so much love for her!! ...but what kind of jeans did they have her wearing? Not flattering.

Oh and lastly...NO ZEKE!

oh one more thing....Sam saying thank you...figuring out that the reason Dean gave it all up was for him....GUH! Melts my heart into oodles and ooldes of mushy goo puddles!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg I loved last night's episode!

I loved that we got to learn more about Dean's past! Wow Dean was a wrestler very cool!

Aww Dean with Timmy was sweet too! Erin as Robin was great too!

Aww Dean wanted to go to the dance!

Wow when Dean told Timmy "Sometimes you have to do things for yourself even if it hurts those you love." I'm sure that he was thinking about the entire Sam & Ezekiel situation!

Damn the angst & drama that is to come when finds out the truth!

Omg Dean seeing young Sammy with his adorable airplane in the Impala! I can't even deal! Too many feels! I love Sam got to learn more about Dean too!

Omg the ending between Sam & Dean in the Impala!

Dean would do anything for Sam! Aww Sam thanking Dean for everything was so sweet and nice to see how much Sam knows Dean has done for him over the years!

Here's a gif from last night 9x7! Sam thanking Dean for everything!

Last edited by quin0611; 11-22-2013 at 02:43 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 AM
New Fan

It did feel good to see them get back to the roots of things.

Dean loves the hell out of Sam. Even when he's sad, seeing his brother puts a smile on his face.

The ending made me cry....

Where did ghost mom get that action figure from? Did she waltz into a Toys R Us and just took it?
The Unknown Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

oh yes... the ending scene was sooooo emotional.... Dean seeing his brother and he´s happy.... Dean´s home is there were his little Bro is.. And Sam saying thank you to Dean in the Impala.... Gosh they love each other so much....
Jaredina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg I found this great article about the episode!

Supernatural Recap: “Bad Boys” | The Collective
Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

this was the best episode in so long GOD. IT MADE ME BE ABLE TO ALMOST FORGOT ALL THE CRAP FOR THE PAST TWO FIVE SEASONS

THE SCENE WHERE DEAN SAW SAMMY broke my heart. dean's love for sam is absolutely devastating he loves him so much. there is no doubt that he would choose sam over anything or anyone. and i have no doubt that if he didn't Sammy out in the car, he wouldn't have gone with just John.

and sam thanked Dean in the end THESE BROTHERS ARE PERFECT AND LOVE EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANYTHING
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·

Last edited by wicked games; 11-21-2013 at 03:31 PM
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes this episode had such a good old school feel too it!

I miss the MOTW episode and the ending scene was so damn good! I'm still having major feels from this episode!

Dean loves Sam so much it hurts he would do anything for him to make sure he is safe and happy!