Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

9.05 - "Dog Dean Afternoon" Episode Discussion Thread

“Dog Dean Afternoon”
November 5, 2013

DOGGIE DEANLITTLE – While investigating two bizarre murders, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize there is an eyewitness to both gruesome deaths – a German Sheppard. Anxious to find out if they are dealing with a witch, a skinwalker or other Supernatural monster, the guys look up a spell that could let Dean “communicate” with the dog. Unfortunately, the spell comes with side effects that no one saw coming.

Tim Andrew directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt this episode sounds like it will be funny!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Fla.

Sounds like a fun episode.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it does! I'm excited to see it!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see Dean growl.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

this sounds like it'll be a fun episode!

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This should be a great ep tonight, can't wait
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see tonight's episode too!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved all the episode clips in the beginning!! Omg! That is just so random! oh Kevin! Sam wanting to work a case! Agents again! And in suits! Dean is uncomfortable talking to the guy about guts! Dean!! Motels once again! at Dean in the vegan bakery! “Snart” that’s a gross eyeball picture! All of the cats and other animals making noise! Omg!! That is really gross! Oh the suits never get old!! The dog is a suspect the dog isn’t a killer now he’s a witness! They want to speak to the dog! Dean had to drink it…so nasty! Dean making jokes!! Omg! Dean can understand the dog! And he’s arguing with it!! oh no Dean!! He’s turning into a dog! of course it has side effects!! Doggy puns at Dean arguing with the pigeon! Dean isn’t happy! He wants to take the dog with them! Dean eyeing the poodle! omg! Dean hearing all the animals! Omg!! Sam rubbing the dog! Sam being harassed by the dog!! Dean letting them all go! lots of pills!! Chef guy mixing parts from animals! Crazy! Making things up clearly! Crazy how he blended in!!! omg!! Poor Sam!! Zeke healed him!!! Omg! Sam!! Poor Dean! Omg! The chef guy has cancer? Crazy how Dean realized that with his dog senses! Omg!! That is crazy teeth! Dean calling his fellow dogs!! Omg!! Sam don’t do that to people! The Colonial got adopted!! Dean needs to tell Sam…even though it will hurt! Touching and hilarious! Loved it!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

I laughed so much in this episode it!!
Dean is so not a dog person, as it's been pointed out many times in the past, but now I don't think that's the case anymore. Seeing dog traits was very ingenious The best part for me was when he was unaware that he was playing fetch with Sam then "barking" at the postman. I had to stop the show because I couldn't catch my breath.
The villain was creepy (but he always does a great job playing a bad guy ) He was determined to eat Sam.
Which brings me to... wake up, Sam!!!! Come on, figure it out already. All the knock outs/black outs and he's got to remember getting sliced and all the blood, but no marks *sigh* Zeke healing Sam again is taking even more of their healing energy. If Sam knows, don't you think he'd be more careful??

Enough of that...This episode is right up there with The French Mistake & Changing Channels Loved it!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jensen was fantastic in this! Especially with the fetch and sad puppy looks after.

The episode was funny. I enjoyed it. I don't think it was the best comedic show they have done, but it was decent.

Getting so tired or Zeke popping up. I mean it's a good thing he did, but this storyline has to come to a head soon. Drop the other shoe already.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-06-2013, 12:20 PM
New Fan

Why didn't Zeke just heal Sam...again then kill animal man? That would've been using to much energy for him? What combination of animals did the Chef eat exactly? Which allows for you to dodge a bullet at almost point blank range?

Yeah, it's only a matter of time before Sam figure out what's going on and it shall feel like Déjà vu for Dean.

I would've been nice if they would've taken the dog with them. At least Kevin would've had some company in the bunker.

I also found it hilarious that Dean was going to shoot the pigeon.
The Unknown Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

From the promo and everything I was so not looking forward to this episode. But now I must say that I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud several times during this episode. Especially when Dean was playing fetch or flirting with the "Pudellady".

And I love Jensen in this episode. He was so great and played the dogparts wonderful with the right amount of goofyness and not over the top.

Sam should now get really suspicious and have a talk with Dean where he doesn´t buy all of his lies, seriously.

Love the scene with Sam knocked out on the ground and Dean being worried and "don´t make me lick your face" and then the talk afterwards.
I think that Sam is not buying Deans explanations for ones.

I so hope that in the next two or three episodes Sam finally will find out what Dean did and the lying will come to an abrupt end.

I agree with Jareds tweet that I didn´t like the voice of all the animals. It could have been a lot better.

But overall I really liked this episode much more then last week and I did not think that that would have been possible.
I hope you enjoy them

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dog Dean Afternoon was pretty funny. I when Dean began to fetch for Sam, "barking" at the mailman and fighting with the pigeon. I also laughed when the Yorkie was getting a belly rub from Sam whom he really "liked" because he's tall.

Chef Leo was pretty creepy. Yuckiest scene he had was swallowing the cat. Not a fan of cats but that was just so wrong. I had to catch my breath when he sliced Sam's neck. Sam turning into Zeke healing Sam then turning back into himself was awesome and disturbing. I was disturbed because I knew Sam was going to want to know how he got healed. I guess Zeke wiped Sam's memory of that bit. I don't want Sam to find out Dean's lying to him about being possessed by Zeke because it will lead to distrust between them again. At the same time, I also want him to find out but only if Dean will be honest to Sam and tell him the truth because Sam deserves to know.

teena1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chef Leo was really out there, tbh. But Dean, picking up that he had cancer and putting it all together. That's what a dog scent does, tbh Pretty handy at times But yeah, eating...animals....eh, I'm glad that episode is over
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top