Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

8.07 - "A Little Slice Of Kevin" Episode Discussion Thread

"A Little Slice Of Kevin"
November 14, 2012

CASTIEL ESCAPES PURGATORY - Sam and Dean are stunned when Castiel suddenly appears back on Earth with no memory of how he escaped from Purgatory. Meanwhile, Mrs. Tran (guest star Lauren Tom) enlists a witch (guest star Cyrina Fiallo) to concoct a demon bomb, but the witch double crosses Mrs. Tran and turns her and Kevin (guest star Osric Chau) over to Crowley (guest star Mark Sheppard).

Charlie Carner directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross--Leming & Brad Buckner.

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt Fla! I'm excited for the episode!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I am too! I hope it's a good one seeing that it's the return of Kevin, Crowley and Mrs. Tran

av
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it will be cool to see what happens next with their storyline.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Demon! Crazy opening…as usual! Dean in the car! Castiel? Where did he go? Sam! all this crazy stuff happening! Crowley torturing the guy…he does lie a lot! Wanting all the names? Kevin! And the holy water and the salt? A witch on craigslist? demon bombs! at the “witch” the suits are back..and sexy! Sam speaking Latin! Castiel again…Dean sees him! Dean telling Sam he saw Castiel! Not a Destiel shipper…but Dean talking about Castiel is making me sad! Flashbacks! He didn’t want to leave him behind! Crowley killing the guy! Crazy! Holy water? Kevin likes the witch! Castiel…is actually there? Castiel doesn’t know how he got out? Flashbacks again! I hate Benny! Dean speaking Latin! Dean remembers everything…and Castiel can’t…he doesn't believe it! Kevin’s mom hates the witch! Omg! Crowley is there…of course he knows Delta! Kevin disappeared and the squirt gun with holy water! Castiel missing television they are prophets? Future prophets? Chuck is dead? It’s always Crowley! Of course he wants him to read the tablet! Flashbacks! Go Dean! That was awesome! Dean letting Castiel go….he wants to talk to him! Dean blames himself…Kevin’s mom meeting them! Guy in the trunk… poor Kevin! Demon reading the tablet! Go Dean! Handcuffed her to the steering wheel? Dean getting the demon guy! That was awesome Sam!! such a good helper Sam! poor Dean! Castiel with the knife! Woah…that was intense!! Garth mention! Poor Kevin Dean didn't remember it the way he had to? Castiel having Dean look at purgatory! He let him go! Castiel saying he belonged there! Castiel is home? She wants to know about Sam and Dean? Dean is not happy!! Loved the episode…intense!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was great! Castiel is finally back and he's his old self that we all love.
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
New Fan

Kevin and his mother are like annoying boils on your ass. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode. Next week looks great too.
Mysticalunicornfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

finally it seems my show is back, lots of emotion between Dean and Cas, Sam and Dean sorta bonded again, weird how Cas showed up tho, poor Dean thinking he left Cas behind has been carrying enormous guilt, so glad Cas put his mind at ease, he cant save everyone. Kevin mom is hilarious and is becoming quite the hunter aside the witch craiglist thing, but to funny how she called the witch a skank demon bombs rock!! and that was bad ass bringing that demon to the boys to track down Kevin and Crowley. OMG Cas lit up with wings loved this ep, next week looks great, so happy the old Cas is back but whats up with the heaven gate keeper chick? guess its not Supernatural unless an annoying chick is around
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 AM
New Fan

Lots to like here. Kevin and his mum are amazing. Crowley was trying hard at least, poor guy.

Samandriel! On please he needs to be rescued oh please.

The bit with the prophets was pretty interesting.

CAS IS BACK. And out of that beard that made no sense whatsoever when he has his Grace and Dean never grew one even though he was human whatthehellwasupwiththat?

I was disappointed at the lack of hugs or emotional reunions. That scene was a bit flat in a kinda of rushed episode. No Dean hug. No Sam hug *sniff*. I miss the Cas/Sam moments.

I still don't get why Dean is suddenly all "can't do enough for Cas" when last season he'd written him off and spat venom at him. From a writing perfective it's baffling. As far as characterisation goes it's uneven and it bugs me. It's like the writers are just trying to pretend all that didn't happen. Only it did. It makes it hard to trust Dean as a character if he's acting so unevenly. If I was Cas my head would still be spinning.
Angelofnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm secretly loving how many people online (tumblr) I've seen hate on Naomi already. Oh man.

Loved it.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Fanstastic episode with great returning guest stars that I've missed! Within the first ten minutes we got Kevin and his tiger mommy, that newbie angel I rather liked, and a certain other angle many more SPN fans like. I loved Kevin's mom dumping holy water on everyone. So glad she's functioning well without a soul (I think). And she'll be handy for making those demon repelling bombs Sam used later on (wish they had those earlier in the series). Why are most witches on Supernatural skanky? The fact that she was contracted from Craigslist didn't help.

Torture-loving Crowley is always fun to watch even when he's cutting my poor little Kevin's fingers. And it's interesting to find out Prophets go by Slayer rules (a new one is born when the old one dies). Looks like this was the last batch of low saturation Purgatory flashbacks. Though I'm not as big a Castiel fan as others around here, I have to give him kudos for showing Dean the truth and trying to ease his guilt. Though he has to know that once he's in the inner circle of Dean's "loved ones", Dean will kill himself trying to save you or kill himself with guilt if he fails. I was also impressed by his quick clean up (the scruffy bearded look does not suit him). And he wins all my brownie points for going full on angel badass to save Kevin. Seriously, the shadow wings, the glowing eyes, the angel blade? Oh my God.

All in all, I loved this episode. It had everything right plot-wise and character-wise. The ending through me for a loop; some higher up angels want Castiel to gather info on Sam and Dean? I guess I can't complain. Especially judging by the hilarious promo for the next episode (which won't be for 2 weeks? But I need some fun levity for my pre-Thanksgiving planning! ) I haven't been this excited for a new episode with Castiel in a long time.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm getting annoyed with Kevin and his mom. The Winchesters aren't good enough to keep them safe yet they'll hire a witch off of Craig's list? Yeah. okay.

Cas & Dean! The last scene broke my heart! It reminded me so much of their first scene together when Cas asked what was the matter, if Dean didn't think he deserved to be saved. ...I think they're closer now than ever before. Hopefully Dean will notice soemthing is off with Cas and figure out the Naomi thing before it causes too much trouble.

I was thinking maybe Benny will have a hand at figuring it out. Maybe by being a vamp he'll notice things the boys can't? Just an idea.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode. I'm glad we know what happened in purgatory and Cas is back.

Ugj we have to wait 2weeks for the next episode!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, it was a good episode, and I'm glad we finally got answers on what happened in Purgatory. I'm glad Dean finally got sorted on what really happened so he doesn't have to carry all that guilt anymore.

The brothers got along so well in this episode

Always nice to see Crowley Kevin and Mrs. Tran are funny

av
Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

was one of the best episodes and not just cause of the Destiel
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread