Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
And they're alive right now, not because of any choices made on their parts, but because of supernatural forces that intervened and brought them back.
Actually Sam is alive right now because of the choices Dean made - he made a deal at the crossroads for Sam, no one intervened except Dean himself - that was unnatural as Sam should have died then by his own logic. He should have just let Sam move on and be at peace then.

Quote:
So Dean being upset about resisting the natural order actually seems, to me, to be about Bobby choosing to come back as a ghost as opposed to Bobby coming back from death, because that's not what has actually happened.
Well it's not like Bobby could just pick whatever form of resurrection he got - he did what Sam and Dean themselves would have done if they were in his shoes - so really as much as I get why Dean is mad, I'm just tired of the hypocrisy - they get angry at other people doing what they would have done without any hesitation. So why do they get to make that choice and be right but others can't.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Actually Sam is alive right now because of the choices Dean made - he made a deal at the crossroads for Sam, no one intervened except Dean himself - that was unnatural as Sam should have died then by his own logic. He should have just let Sam move on and be at peace then.
Yes, in that situation it was a choice Dean made. But Sam came back alive. He didn't come back as a ghost. Dean traded his soul for Sam to come back as a living being. Not as a spirit. To me, that's the main difference. It may have been unnatural, but to Dean, it may not seem as bad as Bobby coming back as a spirit and lingering around. Spirits belong in the afterlife, not on earth. Bobby's still technically dead, but he's hanging around as if he's still alive, which is, of course, what ghosts do, and which is what I think Dean means when he says he thinks of it as unnatural. If Bobby had been brought back to life, then I don't think Dean or Sam would have had as much of a problem with it. It might have been unnatural, but it would be something that Dean and Sam couldn't hold against him because they've brought each other back to life (and tried to unsuccessfully a few times as well), and have been brought back by other people.

Quote:
Well it's not like Bobby could just pick whatever form of resurrection he got - he did what Sam and Dean themselves would have done if they were in his shoes
I really can't say whether Dean or Sam would choose to come back as ghosts. Perhaps they would. Dean had the same choice in the episode "In My Time of Dying", but we never get to see his final decision. He was resistant to Tessa at first, but after hearing what she had to say, he seemed to be preparing himself to depart with her, because he didn't want to become what he hunted. And Sam has never been in that situation. At least, not that I can remember right now.

Last edited by Kwinks; 04-23-2012 at 10:00 AM
Kwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)
Storm Warning: Thanks for the welcome .
you're welcome

i don't think dean or sam would've come back if they had the choice, i mean they've both died so many times already. maybe if the choice was hell or be a ghost, they would choose to be a ghost cause they both know how bad it is down there.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I really can't say whether Dean or Sam would choose to come back as ghosts. Perhaps they would. Dean had the same choice in the episode "In My Time of Dying", but we never get to see his final decision. He was resistant to Tessa at first, but after hearing what she had to say, he seemed to be preparing himself to depart with her, because he didn't want to become what he hunted. And Sam has never been in that situation. At least, not that I can remember right now.
First of all, they were also in a different state of mind then, the fight wasn't the same and the stakes weren't the same. Bobby didn't choose to stay on because he thought it was fun, it was solely because he wants to help the boys stop the Leviathans, because there was so much at stake and he can do something to help. If the boys died now and had a choice to just leave and be at peace or stay on the still have some ways to help, would they just peacefully move on? You mean they wouldn't stay like Bobby to still help the others left behind to fight a war?

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

I don't know who Annie is but I've never been more jealous and mildly annoyed of a dead woman. She "foxholed" up with Bobby, Dean, and Sam? Damn. That might be the main reason I wasn't too keen on her being such a big part of the episode. The other reason being, it's a Bobby-centric episode, damn it. It's supposed to be just Bobby and the boys.

Anyway, I need to work "fancy lady" into my everyday conversation. I actually liked that prim and proper ghost woman more than Annie. At the risk of sounding repetitive, my "meh"-ness for Annie also wouldn't have been so strong if she had been mentioned before. It doesn't say much about Supernatural's writers that they keep introducing these never-before-seen characters the boys or Bobby (or both!) supposedly know from back in the day, especially when they have some old characters they haven't brought back (Missoooouriiiii; I miss you so!) Geez, at least they mentioned Garth before introducing his character (and even then it took me until the second episode to fully warm up to him.) I guess I'm just not easily won over ever since they killed off the important allies (like Jo, Ellen, Bobby, and maybe even Castiel... though that's still up in the air.)

Overall this was a good episode. Bobby's return, even as a ghost, always earns extra points. There was even a Dean shower scene which I *know* many of you enjoyed even without reading the comments. There was humor and some good action and I nearly yelled at my TV when that ghost suit guy was vaporizing Bobby; Sam and Dean really cut it close with the bone burning! I'm glad Bobby made it, though. As long as that flask stays whole, Ghost!Bobby can still come back... but that ominous ending where Dean brings up the very good point that things never end well for them... If they spared Castiel by making him crazy, I demand we keep Ghost!Bobby for just a little longer. (And it looks like, judging by the promo, he'll at least be sticking around for the next episode. Plus I recognize that tech girl! Her name slips my mind but I'm sure I know the actress from somewhere! She's a much prettier looking red-head than Annie. )
Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Vesta I want ghost Bobby to stay around too! He is still awesome & bamf even as a ghost & the boys still need him!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

i really hope that bobby stays for a long time! even though he is a ghost. it'd suck if the boys had to 'hunt' him in the end though i don't want that.
▌casey · © ·
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
Anyway, I need to work "fancy lady" into my everyday conversation. I actually liked that prim and proper ghost woman more than Annie. At the risk of sounding repetitive, my "meh"-ness for Annie also wouldn't have been so strong if she had been mentioned before. It doesn't say much about Supernatural's writers that they keep introducing these never-before-seen characters the boys or Bobby (or both!) supposedly know from back in the day, especially when they have some old characters they haven't brought back (Missoooouriiiii; I miss you so!) Geez, at least they mentioned Garth before introducing his character (and even then it took me until the second episode to fully warm up to him.) I guess I'm just not easily won over ever since they killed off the important allies (like Jo, Ellen, Bobby, and maybe even Castiel... though that's still up in the air.)
I loved Victoria! She was so refreshing! Such a shame she was already a ghost. ...and I do agree about these random people that just keep popping up. The show is in it's 7th season, so 'back in the day' was back when the show started, we should have known these characters already. Like Annie for example, okay we didn't see Sam's soulless year, but when did she hook up with Dean? Back when Sam was at Stanford?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

I forgot to post here when I watched the ep...

I didn't really like the ep overall, just the Bobby and boys parts, especially when the boys saw Bobby finally, of course. I liked the shower scene too Dean with the wet hair.

Nothing against Jamie Lunar, I love her, but I really don't like all these random women showing up and having history with the guys. It's so random and out of the blue. I liked Jo and Ellen because they were eased into the story and there was time for the viewers to like or dislike them. Jamie's character was so out of place to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I wish that we would have heard of Annie before this episode too! Annie's character did seem kind out of the blue! I do like like Jamie Luner too! I liked that we had time to get know Ellen & Jo too!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Annie was alright with me. I do agree that it's a little unsettling to have a character like her, who supposedly has history with the boys, pounce on us without warning, though. But, I could tolerate her presence all the same. I found it amusing that she bedded all three of our boys.

I liked Victoria too. She was a classy, intriguing variety of hooker.

I thought the story had a nice twist and it kept me engaged the whole time.

Oh, such angst with Bobby being a ghost! I'm torn. I don't know what's going to happen with his situation, but I hope it works out alright in the end.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

i wish we saw annie before this episode because i really loved her character and i don't think it's out of ordinary that we haven't seen every girl that the two of them have hooked up with
▌casey · © ·
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM
New Fan

How did Annie last so long as a hunter when she enters a haunted house with no salt shotgun or iron? Rookie mistake
Machine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm warning (View Post)
i wish we saw annie before this episode because i really loved her character and i don't think it's out of ordinary that we haven't seen every girl that the two of them have hooked up with
I don't expect to see every girl that boys hook up with either, especially Dean. but she seemed to have a history, like somebody they have known for ages, yet we didn't hear nothing about her before then. Don't forget back in season 2 when we met Ellen and Jo, the boys seemed surprised there was a whole world of hunters out there. So chances are they met her in the last 5 years...and we didn't even get a name drop anywhere.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

it would take more than 8 seasons to see everyone dean hooked up with hmm true. the fact that we haven't even heard her name until she was dead was kind of weird and it didn't seem like they had a falling out like john and ellen did...
▌casey · © ·
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top