Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

6x20 "The Man Who Would Be King" Episode Discussion

The Man Who Would Be King
May 6th 2011
The CW

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER BEN EDLUND WROTE AND DIRECTED THE EPISODE

Castiel (Misha Collins) tells Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) about the war in Heaven and how he and Raphael became enemies. Bobby believes Castiel is hiding something, but Dean refuses to believe it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

NOBODY writes Dean/Cas like Ben does...this episode is going to break my heart!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

not really looking forward to a Cas centric ep. but hopefully we get some brother moments. and Sam isnt in the background like last week.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
not really looking forward to a Cas centric ep. but hopefully we get some brother moments. and Sam isnt in the background like last week.
I actually thought last week was a perfect example of how the writers could write balanced screentime for everyone. Sam got his fair share of moments just as any other character. The four-man team got to work together as a team and show their skills.

I'm sure there will be plenty of brother moments considering that's what this whole show revolves around anyways, but it's about time they finally put the Cas storyline on the fore-front and explain what's been going on, they've been promising it since the season started, it's time they deliver on that promise. Besides, every character deserves their fair share of the spotlight, Bobby got his, and now it's Cas, it's only fair.

These kind of episodes may not be Sam and Dean centric, but they are also integral to the show's storylines and effects Sam and Dean's relationship with others. It's right and realistic that they should have episodes like these.

------------------------------

Can't wait to see what's been going on in this heavenly war that they won't spill and waited until 19 episodes later to explain!!

With Ben at the helm of this episode, I feel at least less worried because I know Ben knows the character better than anyone and he will treat the character with integrity!

And no doubt Misha will knock it out of the park just like his performance in the Rapture back in Season 4!

I expect lots of tissues throughout this episode!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

This epi looks intense, i really hope that Cas shapes up.
Married: September 14th 2013
Jake & Bella/Caleb & Hanna/Ezra & Aria/Swarek & McNally/Nick & Jess
winchestergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to watch the episode, I'm sure Ben did a super job of writing and directing it

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Today's the day!

I'm intrigued for this one.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I feel like this is a fitting video to get us ready for tonight's episode as we learn the story from Cas!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a feeling I'm going to be heartbroken.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

This ep. was so boring and more than ever I wish for the earlier seasons when it was just Sam and Dean on the road. I wish this angel arc is over already. Its been seasons and its overdone.

So now Cas is like a brother and once again a Ben ep. is all about Dean/Cas and Sam is basically wall paper. I mean they say that Cas is friends with both but they never give Sam/Cas scenes with substance.

Why didnt Cas tell Dean he pulled Sam from Hell and Dean raking was very LOL worthy like really...

Lack of Brother moments was annoying.

Im just so annoyed and feel like this isnt even the SPN I fell inlove with. Im just bitter right now and frustrated sorry.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."

Last edited by cutie_pie04; 05-06-2011 at 07:13 PM
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I got a feeling this episode will leave me heartbroken. Castiel is starting to worry me!
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The beginning with Castiel narrating….Castiel appearing in the car with Dean…Sam working at on a different job….Crowley and Castiel talking….Crowley knowing that Castiel was with Dean. He considers himself their guardian….all the flashbacks…Castiel talking about bringing Sam back! Saying that he didn’t bring all of Sam back…..Castiel won’t kill Sam and Dean. Looking super hot Sam!!! Dean appears and Bobby is still trying to get answers….they talk about lying to Castiel. Sam saying that he would die for Castiel….omg!!! Superman references!!! Loved it!! A new demon named Ellsworth? Totally like Bobby in demon form! Castiel’s narration about his paradise….trying to teach the angels about freedom…Raphael….wants Castiel to pledge is allegiance to him….Dean walks to call Castiel…he wants him to help. Omg! Dean getting punched, Sam and Bobby being attacked!! Castiel appearing and saving the guys….they thought that Cass was working with Crowley and they admitted they were wrong. Castiel working with Crowley I hate that!! He doesn’t need to lie to them! It’s adorable that Castiel is so protective of Sam and Dean and Bobby! Castiel watching Dean….Crowley appears they want to make a deal! Crowley taking Castiel to the new and improved hell…Crowley wants Castiel to start a war in heaven. Castiel saying that people are with him or Raphael….they have a new plan…they are using Castiel to get Crowley. They question him about what he’s been doing! Everyone knows that he has been working with Crowley! “Sam I am the one that raised you from perdition”…. Castiel telling them to run…demons coming for Cass… Crowley appears…Castiel wants him to get out of his sight. Crowley questions who Cass is and what he’s willing to do…..Dean sleeping…Cass appears and they talk. Dean saying that Castiel is like a brother to him….they apologize to each other and Castiel leaves. Poor Castiel!! Great episode! Crazy intense!! Loved it!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
This ep. was so boring and more than ever I wish for the earlier seasons when it was just Sam and Dean on the road. I wish this angel arc is over already. Its been seasons and its overdone.

So now Cas is like a brother and once again a Ben ep. is all about Dean/Cas and Sam is basically wall paper. I mean they say that Cas is friends with both but they never give Sam/Cas scenes with substance.

Why didnt Cas tell Dean he pulled Sam from Hell and Dean raking was very LOL worthy like really...

Lack of Brother moments was annoying.

Im just so annoyed and feel like this isnt even the SPN I fell inlove with.
Aww baby. As a brothers fan I do hear you. I am annoyed that they had two episodes in a row where Sam was pretty much useless. However,
Spoiler:

Dean did say after Sam he cares and Cas and Bobby the most, so no, he does not put Sam at the same level That's cause Sam isn't a brother to him, hee but still, putting Cas the same level as Bobby is huge.

I dunno.. I really liked it. Its the most I've liked Cas since S4. Misha was fantastic. I obviously wanted more brother moments but I do hope he get a ton in 6X22...
Spoiler:

Not the best of the season, but for an ep based on Cas and not the boys I surprisingly found it enjoyable.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks bb Im prob. just being dramatic but I just dont like this angel stuff. I mean I understood Cas and everything but it was just boring to me like its always been. I feel like the Dean/Cas stuff is fan service and being shoved down my throat a bit the brothers just got back to being close and I need more moments to make up for the last couple seasons. And the Cas being like a brother line just really ticked me off. I can see Dean saying Cas is like family but a brother I feel like it cheapend Sam/Dean a bit and what the show is about.

Ben is a good writer and everything but I never really like his eps. because they tend to be more Cas and Dean/Cas centric with background Sam and thats not what SPN is about to me and wasnt about in seasons 1-3.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."

Last edited by cutie_pie04; 05-06-2011 at 07:22 PM
Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually loved this episode. I just think that all these big reveals came a little late in the season? But I'm worried for Cas

"I'm Batman!" - Dean Winchester
JBOO46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top