Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was good, bad, happy and sad. It had everyhing. I won't go into details, but Cas is seriously made of win. That phone scene = awesomeness.

I won't comment on Dean's urges to wear pink panties. They are practically beginning us to write these fan fics. x)

The entire episode was great, and the way they filmed it, almost made it look like an episode from season 1. You know, with the choice of light and such.
Everyday. Everyday.
Thou Swell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have a really thought, have you guys noticed in almost every episode where the boys are sharing emotions or apologizing or whatever, they put them somewhere with a bridge involved... I just noticed this, I don't know if it means anything, probably not but I thought it was interesting continuity.

This was one of the BEST episodes, by the way. =D Most definitely. Croatoan!TWO Deans!!! Hippie!Cas!!! Lucifer!Sam!(HOT) Chuck!! Lexa Doig! Panties!! Brother Reunion!!!!! <3 <3
OMG, President Palin....it truly IS the END. XD

And I cannot wait for next week, it looks like the first funny episode of the season. ^_^
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

I recently lent my best friend my Supernatural dvds because she has heard me talk about them all the time. And she loved them and was finished with season 1 through 3 in a few days. So I bought season 4 and we watched it up to the first episode we meet Anna and then we watched the new episode. It's funny Dean's more her type, but she considers herself a Sam girl.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't have time to post a lengthy review right now, but I felt it was wrong if I didn't at least come in here and say just how happy I am that THE BOYS ARE BACK TOGETHER!!! My heart seriously fluttered when Sammy pulled up to the spot where Dean was. I am not even into Wincest and such, but I swear to you I felt like my favorite couple was getting back together . Dean/Sam are hands down my favorite non-romantic ship of all time.

ETA: Cheerios, I had a simliar experience with a friend of mine. I let her borrow my dvds and she finished most of them in less than a week. She told me that she thinks Dean is hotter, but she feels more for Sam. Also, a weird thing she focused on was why they hardly ever ate (aside from s2 where Dean did nothing but eat lol) and how they managed to always have money. I was like "you are totally focusing on the wrong things here". LOL.
|LoVe|
TeAm*LP*CoOkIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Double Dean was amazing, I cried when Sam was Lucifer, that suit was hot, but not so hot that he said yes.

I LOVED that Cas went mortal! Everytime he grins, he looks five years old. haha Chuck! I'm glad that we saw him.

I'm also glad that they boys are finally back together.
Married: September 14th 2013
Jake & Bella/Caleb & Hanna/Ezra & Aria/Swarek & McNally/Nick & Jess
winchestergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAm*LP*CoOkIeS (View Post)
I don't have time to post a lengthy review right now, but I felt it was wrong if I didn't at least come in here and say just how happy I am that THE BOYS ARE BACK TOGETHER!!! My heart seriously fluttered when Sammy pulled up to the spot where Dean was. I am not even into Wincest and such, but I swear to you I felt like my favorite couple was getting back together . Dean/Sam are hands down my favorite non-romantic ship of all time.
it's because they were <3333 lol. my heart fluttered too. seriously best reunion ever <3 and i'm still smiling about it 2 days later <333
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't they send Sam to the future/past/anywhere so he can be in the show for more than 3 minutes as his actual self? No? Ok.

Jared owned everything he was given, though.

And Jensen did awesome on the playing two parts thing.
growing up. moving on.
allybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
New Fan

I loved this episode. I was a bit disappointed by the episode of last week. But this one was asome!!

I’ve have been thinking about some things. First of all I’m on team Sam & Dean. I understand them both.

What I’ve been thinking for a while is that Sam did everything for redemption. He felt so sad for everything the happened to Dean that he needed to make it up some how. Although I have to admit that he wanted to be power last season I always thought he did it for redemption. And mad his monster inside useful for the one he loves (Dean) and loved (Jess, John)
And why did Sam say Yes to Lucifer? Because the one who he loves so much (Dean) turns his back on him . Just like God turned his back on Lucifer. (In there reality of course) Sam needs Dean because he is his light in the darkness. Without Dean there is only darkness.

I loved the part were Deans realized that Sam is indeed his weakness but also his strength. He did not like the future Dean. And he knew that he would become like him if he would go one without Sam. He was more like a robot then a human been.

The other thing I loved was the Castiel part. Dean wanted to make him more human (in the episode of last week) I was so annoyed by that! This week Dean sees that it is not good when Castiel is human. I loved the part were he said to Castiel; ‘Don’t ever change’
And of course the heartbreaking moment when to boys meet again!! Lovely episode!!

I hope Sam won’t agree with Lucifer. Now Dean is on his side again I hope that there is a good change it won’t happen.

ps. Sorry for my bad English
Nicole@live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm happy the show is done with Sam being the whipping boy for the moment any way. Overall the show was good and I like that Dean was forced to take a good look at himself and his actions. It was everything that it needed to be, and was long over due. There are a few things that have been annoying me lately, it seems in general like the show is more concerned with Dean/Jensen then with Jared/Sam. They give him more airtime, give him more favorable story lines and position the story from his point of view all the time. While Jared/Sam gets neglected. The show isn't as interested in him as they are in Jensen/Dean. This whole episode was from Dean's growly Batman point of view which is fine but it's a huge slap in the face that Jared had what a grand total of three minutes in this episode. They're showing their priorities. I mean if you look at Sam centric episodes like "Mystery Spot" or "Born Under A Bad Sign" Dean still had a huge chunk of airtime in the end. It seems like there isn't a lot of value in the character of Sam lately, which is depressing to think about.

Another big issue is that we never find out why Sam said yes to Lucifer. I think that's a huge development that should have been paid attention to but alas. No. We get all this insight into Dean but we get none into Sam why? It seems like Sam is just being used as a plot point with little to no care for him as a character.

I do have to say that the way the writers have screwed up the Dean/Sam connection is horrible and has changed the way I view Dean as a character. At the end of the season finale he tells the angels that he'll always be there for Sam and that he will take him warts and all and races to him to the covenant. But then after Sam kills Lilith he turns into this nasty angry person who resents Sam just for breathing. It's just horrible writing. I like that he realized that he was wrong and apologized but it's just not enough to salvage what the writers ruined. It's obvious that they wanted to divide the viewers and they slanted episodes and writing to make Dean the hero while all the while villifying Sam.

It kills me how the voice mail Sam heard will provably never ever be addressed because it's Sam's problem so it's automatically "not as important as Dean's issues". Can't waste airtime on that, or worse yet can't put Dean on the spot on how he has made Sam feel about being different.

I still don't understand what Dean is attempting to accomplish here. It's painfully obvious that if he doesn't let the Angel's help that the world is going to be a cesspool for Lucifer. I actually think it's incredibly selfish for him to not try and do everything within his power to stop that from happening. Which makes me question why he is really fighting, is it out of anger? Habit? Because he can't do anything else? I really doubt that it is all for the greater good at this point, otherwise he would sacrifice himself for the greater good. I don't know I am just not understanding Dean at this point. And if Castiel isn't going to be an angel then it's useless for him to be on this show. The further the show deviates from the script on how he is supposed to be the less interested I am in his character.

Last edited by Sin*; 10-03-2009 at 03:04 PM
Sin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin* (View Post)
I'm happy the show is done with Sam being the whipping boy for the moment any way. Overall the show was good and I like that Dean was forced to take a good look at himself and his actions. It was everything that it needed to be, and was long over due.
now i LOVE DEAN <3 more than i should. but a part of my 'review' was that... the dean/dean scenes were the most therapy that he's had ever and honestly it was needed! and the best thing for him
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin* (View Post)
And if Castiel isn't going to be an angel then it's useless for him to be on this show. The further the show deviates from the script on how he is supposed to be the less interested I am in his character.
Well, I think they did this episode to show that Dean is wrong for wanting to make Cas more human. He realized in this eppy that Castiel is better as an angel. I'm so glad they addressed this b/c I definitely did not want Castiel to become a fallen angel. I had heard enough of Anna's whining and I don't want to see Castiel turn into the same thing she did. I think Kripke knows that Cas became a fan favorite BECAUSE he is an angel. Something completely different from other characters ever introduced on the show. So, I don't think they're going to change that.

I also agree with what you're saying about Sam/Jared. While I'm one of the biggest Dean/Jensen fangirls you could ever meet, I also adore Jared and I also want to see more of him. SPN isn't the same when you can't get both of their POVs. It should be equal.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
LuvinJames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ohhhhhh Sin.
growing up. moving on.
allybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode so freakin much. This season just keeps getting better ♥

These boys are my WHOLE LIFE. WOW.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Wow. This was my favourite episode of the season, so far. I can't even describe how much I love it. Since I can't justly capture the beauty of it in words, I've put all of my opinions/observations in simple point form, and that's about all. I'm speechless, really. The "review" that this post contains pretty much has the consistency of a children's story.

Dean and Cas are hilariously adorable.

Sam & Dean break my heart.

Dean is officially the show's time-travel target. Sam must feel left out, never getting zapped anywhere.

Baby looking rundown is a no-no. But, Dean fussing over her is lovely.

Two Deans for the price of one is EPIC. The only thing better would be three Deans.

Jensen is an amazing actor. That is putting it mildly.

Dean wearing pink satin panties and liking it is explosive.

Castiel as a hippie is complete love.

Chuck is hysterical and precious.

Sam saying "yes" to Lucifer is heart wrenching.

Dean needs to get back to where he once belonged with Sam, so that he doesn't turn into the "dick" that his future self is, for real.

Lucifer!Sam is smoldering.

Jared is a phenomenal actor. Again, putting it mildly.

Jared and Jensen play off of each other so well, even when not playing brothers.

Dean crying makes me cry.

Dean being zapped back to the present is relieving. And now he's not going to poop for another week.

Dean and Cas are so sweet.

Dean realizing that he and Sam are better together equals success.

Sam & Dean making up, hunting together, being all each other has, and keeping each other human makes all things right in the world.

The end.

P.S. Sam & Dean must hug sometime soon. That is all.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no problem with Jensen having more screen time, he's pretty so I don't mind. My problem is Sam's POV is never seen on this show. Well, I could understand now why a lot of people hated Sam. It's because that's what the writers are doing exactly. Only if you think deeper into Sam's actions that you can truly understand him. But if we are to rely on what SPN is showing, you'd hate him.

I liked the episode. Jared and Jensen nailed that future!Winchester scene. It was heartbreaking.

Nope, not an inch liking Castiel more. I still see no importance in the character except the constant saving from Zacharias stuff, which I think the writers can do better. Please tell me what Cas' worth in S5 or I'm on the road to hating him.

And Nella I agree. Sam and Dean need that hug soon.

Quote:
Sam said yes to Lucifer. Once again, Sam disappoints me. He's weak without Dean, and I don't think that's a touching, beautiful thing. I think that's sad that he isn't capable of being by himself, ever. That he isn't capable of fighting evil alone. He said yes to Ruby and that whole demon blood crap, and said yes to Lucifer. If I were a Sam girl, I'd be heartborken by how weak the show has made Sam.
And this quote just made me realize how appreciative I am as a Sam girl. I'm not heartbroken because he is weak, I'm heartbroken because people have biased views about him. Both boys are weak and I think they needed to have their weakness. I don't think Dean is stronger alone, I think the Scarecrow episode can attest to that, and BUaBS. And I can say a lot more episodes that could explain it further. He's also weak without Sam so there's my point. And aren't we judging Sam too quickly here without even knowing why he even said yes to Lucifer in the first place? I'm not going to post about him choosing Ruby again as we've already said enough about it. So yes, I'm heartbroken but not because of your reason.

Last edited by HappySquared; 10-04-2009 at 06:14 AM
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread