Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did love the Dean/Cas moments, but I thought at least a phone call would happen.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Same here. I loved the Dean/Cas scenes but it's still not the same. I actually thought/hoped that they would have had their normal angsty scene at the end where they made up but sadly nothing.
[Janine]
midnightxsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I was really nervous about tonight's eppy b/c of Dean taking Cas to the whore house. I just didn't want to see an angel "get laid". Just...no. But I really like how this eppy turned out.

The opening montage....oy. So depressing! Playing "Simple Man" was an extra touch. It was just so weird seeing them apart. And when Dean was driving and looked over at the empty seat.

Dean had some of the BEST lines tonight!!!

- "Eat it, Twilight!"
- "You were killed by a teenage mutant ninja angel?"
- "The last time you zapped me, I didn't poop for a week."

And the Dean/Cas goodness continues!! This was a great eppy! I loved seeing them work together and seeing Cas not being able to lie. And Cas' face when he was in the whore house. OMG!! He looked like he was going to be sick and that he might cry. And when the girl screamed...I was like, "Is he missing something?" But I'm so glad it didn't get too far. Just wasn't meant to be.

Seeing Dean have a good time like that and laughing....it was great to see, but it was also sad b/c he wasn't able to have that anymore with Sam.

It was so good to see Jess back! Gah, I just love her and Sam. Unfortunately, I just knew something was off about her. And low and behold, she was Lucifer. Sneaky sneaky!

Dean/Castiel/Raphael: Great stuff!! He was definitely creepy and I'm thinking are there no decent angels besides Cas? I mean come on, he's the only true believer here! With all the angels saying, "He's left the building" or "He's dead." This leads me to believe that God is going to have one major and one heck of a entrance! I for one can't wait!! And I"m sorry, but there's no way that Lucifer was the one that ressurected Cas and put the boys on the plane! It just doesn't make sense. What use would Lucifer have with Cas? I think some of the angels are in denial. And who else loved Cas' line, "Maybe one day, but today...you're my little b*tch." Oh snap!!

Like everyone else, I basically figured that Sam would be the vessel for Lucifer. Meaning that Dean would eventually have to kill Sam since he's Michael's vessle. You're typical Cain and Abel storyline. Things are gonna get crazy....and I don't know if I have the emotions to watch it.

I think my favorite scene of hte night was Dean and Cas towards the end in the impala. seeing Dean be such a skeptic for the longest time, it was so great to see him encourage Cas to not give up on finding God. It's a true step for him to maybe one day believe in God and that God is actually good.. And I'm so glad that even though Cas is being told over and over again to give up, he's not going to. He's listening to his heart. That right there is what an angel is, ladies and gentleman. He's the only one that gives me hope for the angels...

But I have to say, it killed me to hear Dean say that he's happy being alone. While I know he didn't really mean it, it still hurt to hear him say that. I think that's why Cas left. He knew that Dean was lying to himself and he disappeared to make him realize that. The look on Dean's face said it all. He's not happy. He's so lost w/o his brother.

Phew...this season is gonna kill me!

Great episode!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
LuvinJames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Shirtless Sam Sam/Jess

The beginning batch of scenes bouncing back and forth between solo Sam and Dean - Awesome. It was really well edited

Eat it twilight. Dean is freakin hilarious.

Dean/Cas is just the funniest. Cas is a virgin. Heh. Before Cas went off with the girl was hilarious. He looked liked he was going to pee his pants. lol.

Sam called Bobby. Aww. And then Bobby. Aww.

Sam talking with a former addict. Nice touch. Though she was way too nosy for her own good.

Dean getting snarky with Raphael. Heee.

The whole god is dead and Lucifer saved Cas and the boys? I dunno bout that. Seems fishy too me.

Those random hunters attacking Sam Not cool. Hopefully he'll let Bobby know not to send anymore his way cause that was a mess. But for no blood.

Dean/Cas talking. Nice. Dean is happy...ish. Cas vanished on him as always. Amusing.

Jess turned out to be Lucifer. Boo. Sam is his true vessel. Double boo, though I'm not surprised they went there. It all makes sense really... it's supposed to be Michael verses Lucifer, and all of this crap keeps surrounding the boys, who just so happy to be the vessels for the aforementioned. I still don't like it though...

Next week....
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I just say that if I saw THAT working at any bar.. ever.. i'd just straight up die. The man in unreal.
growing up. moving on.
allybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
Can I just say that if I saw THAT working at any bar.. ever.. i'd just straight up die. The man in unreal.

I might would just have to become an alcoholic.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
LuvinJames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

EEK I forgot to squee about....PADAFEET! i did notice the first time I watched but with all the Dean/Cas awesomness I forgot to squee.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello, this is my first post on the Supernatural board. I loved this whole episode, but I have to say, Cas calling Raphael his little bitch just made the episode for me.
jennyjo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Jenny Welcome to the board. ...that was a great line! Dean is really rubbing off on him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

If Cas sticks with Dean for a while, i think we' re gonna hear lots of funny lines.
Dean is such a good influence
I just can't wait for the next episode, though I don't think I'm emotionally prepared for it.
*ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)

I might would just have to become an alcoholic.
LMFAOOOOOO, this.
growing up. moving on.
allybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Again it was a good episode!

After every freaking episode my heart is broke and it takes me some minutes to feel not so depressed. OMG I definately putting to much heart into this show and the brothers!!!

This time it was no different. I didn´t see that coming at all - Sam being Lucifers real vessel. And that thought is killing me right now. As a brotherly girl but more of Sam´s side I don´t like it at all that he seems to go really dark and become the ultimate evil. Of course storywise it is perfect with Dean being Michaels vessel - but for my emotions and everything I don´t know how I should survive this...

Dean and Castiel was interesting to watch and on some part really funny. Misha had hilarious facial expression in this one. You have praised these scenes so much that there is nothing left to say for me.
But when Dean told Castiel that he is okay and hadn´t so much fun in years with Sammy it isn´t true. The last couple of months were really tough ok but before he sold his soul to a demon he had fun with Sammy, too, and even after it he had good times with Sammy. I can understand what he feels and that joking with Castiel and going to a whorehouse had my him a little bit relieved after all this emotional stress. But "years" - come on Dean that is pretty unfair.
His talk about Sammy in that kind of way hurt my heart and I was glad that after Castiel disappeared you could see that Dean is lying to himself. So there is still hope for an reunion.

Maybe I am the only one but I liked Lindsey. Finally there was a normal human being who doesn´t talk all the time about the apocalypse - but rather see a handsome guy and give it a shot. And I found that she had good chemistry with Jared in all of her scenes.
And when Sam was fighting with these demon hunters and had to drink that demon blood, I was thinking the whole time: don´t shallow it SAM! And I was so happy and proud of him when he didn´t - but rather spit it out!

Although Bobby had only just a few minutes in this episode - I love what he told Sammy and that he still cares for him!

And with the promo
Spoiler:

This is not really a spoiler only my opinion on the things we see in the promo.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Ok, so I never post here, but love SN, and just wanted to say that this episode was epic.. Truley amazing that Dean and Sam will have to go up against eachother. This season is going to be amazing

icon; gracery | Marie
Sunshine_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Something that has been bothering me since the start of season 5 is Dean's attitude toward Sam and him blaming Sam for everything that happened with the breaking of Lucifer's seals. It's annoying and it's as if Dean refuses to see that he did things to cause the outcome as well. I am tired of his entire attitude and him resenting Sam for everything that happened. Sam wasn't the only brother to break a seal, if I remember correctly Dean broke the first one and was the very first person to start the coming apocolypse anyway. Perhaps he should do well to remember that and remember that he was the one who started all of this in the first place. Maybe he needs a reminder because Sam was only the icing on the cake here. Not the cake mix.

Dean's been grating with me since the fourth season and his belief that everything is forever and always Sam's fault is incredibly annoying and unsympathetic. It blinds me from being able to understand and sympathsize with him when he doesn't acknowledge that he has faults as well and takes all of his anger out on Sam. He says that he counted on Sam and Sam let him down, Dean did the same thing in hell. How many people were counting on him to not break the first seal? At least Sam was under the impression that he was helping to stop Lucifer's rise in killing Lilith. At least Sam thought he was protecting people from Lilith and Lucifer. What was Dean doing? Ugh.

This is another problem that I am having, Dean = good while Sam = evil. I can't believe the writers would be so transparent as to do this. It's just convulted storytelling with little gray and that is uninteresting. I thought we would see Lucifer in a more sympathetic light but instead there just seems to be a more hammering of the point that Lucifer is still "evil" and the Angels' even thought they are unchecked and ruthless are still being considered as "good". The fact that Lucifer was torturing his current vessel kind of belabors that point.

Back to Dean. He refuses to see the part he has played in this and seems to have no sympathy at all for what Sam went threw without him at the beginning of season four. Which makes me even more unsympathetic to his issues and problems. And makes him that much less enjoyable.

Sam had to find a way to survive after him and that meant that he was vulnerable to Ruby and her advances and that led him down a path where he made a mistake. Dean made him vulnerable in the first place and he just doesn't seem to understand that. Yes Sam made a mistake but he wasn't the only person who made one and Dean needs to realize that and quickly. His attitude was incredibly annoying, he is happier without Sam? Sam never wanted to be involved in his hunting life style in the first place. He was doing just fine at Standford prior to Dean barging into his life and making him look for their father. Ugh. Dean better straighten himself out this season because he is becoming unbearable.

Last edited by Sin*; 09-25-2009 at 11:42 AM
Sin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dean never said he blamed Sam for starting the apocolypse, his issue with Sam is that Sam chose to trust a demon over him, that Sam turned his back on him and walked out that door. It doesn't matter that Sam thought in the end he was saving the world, it mattered that he put Ruby first, after Dean begged him not to go with her. And for that, Dean has every right to be pissed.

Welcome Sunshine
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread