Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Man oh man!! This episode was fantastic!! I loved everything about the episode even though I have major concerns about our boys and what is happening with them.

First concern is the brothers Winchester and their relationship. I know I am not the only one that is extremely sad about the rift between the boys this season. As much as I love Jared and Jensen in the intense arguing scenes, I hate to see Sam and Dean so far apart. I hated that Sam's first thought when Dean got taken was not worry for his brothers well being but that he was worried Dean wouldn't be able to complete the job. Since when have either one of them cared about a job first and each other second. I got to say that was the first time in the history of the series I have actually been mad at one of the boys for something they have done towards one another. I want my boys back to normal, I want them to be a team again. I miss the brotherly love so much!!

Now speaking of my boy Sammy I am a little worried about him and the path he is going down. He drank demon blood from Ruby's arm!! That is not good, I seriously think Dean needs to once and for all try to put a stop to all of this because Sam continues down this path that just gets darker and darker and I don't know if he can stop himself at this point. After last week what Pamela said to him, that made me freak out. I do not want Sammy to turn evil, that is my biggest fear for this show. Nothing else worries me as much as the thought of Sam potentially going to the dark side. As amazing as I know Jared would be playing evil Sam, it would be great to watch but it would just completely break my heart. I don't think I could handle that.

Dean's stuff was really amazing in this episode as well. All the torture scenes were really intense and I loved the struggle Dean went through at first. He desperately did not want to do this and Jensen just did such a beautiful job at conveying Dean's feelings. Then at the end when he found out that it was his fault the seals are being broken and he will be to thank for the apocalypse. That was amazing and heartbreaking.

The twist that Uriel was the one killing the angels was a really cool one I thought. I actually didn't see that coming at all and the scene they had where Uriel was trying to convince Cas to join him and help him, that was a great scene. Mischa and Robert did such a great job with that whole conversation as well as the fight scene. I have really grown to like Cas, I think his character brings a lot to the show.

I'm not really a fan of Anna, but I thought she was OK in this episode. She did have the great moment when she killed Uriel and saved Cas.

Overall amazing episode! Even though I have my concerns I still enjoy watching everything on the show. The fact that I am so worried about it and that I care about the characters so much is just a tribute to Kripke, the great writers and the actors. I'm more concerned about Sam & Dean than half the things going on in my real life lol.

I can't wait until next weeks episode! I think it will be kind of interesting having an episode where the boys don't know each other. I'm excited to see the boys working in a corporate company as normal guys. I think it's gonna be a good, funny episode that will hopefully give us a little break from all the intense drama that we've been getting lately lol.
HalesNLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The rest of the season is gonna KICK ASS.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Addicted Fan

did anyone else get a star wars vibe when Sam was interrogating Alastair? I was waiting for Palpatine to pop out and go "Let the hate flow through you!! gooooood....."

just something I put together :p
Old 03-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahahaha funny!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Haha I kind of did get the Star Wars vibe from that scene. Which just kind of worries me, I don't want Sam to turn out like Anakin did. That's no good
HalesNLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking the same!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode.

Err... I didn't like the 'unoriginal' vampiric reference it is logical. The contrast with what the YED had done to Sammy and what's he's doing with Ruby makes sense. Now, I'm starting to think that Ruby is not 'TEH good demon' but the YED's accomplish. Now that he's gone, she's there to finish what he (YED) had started. Maybe Sam's the last seal. If he goes darkside then he'll paved the way to Lucifer walking. Or maybe they'll use Sam's body to 'house' Lucifer and they are training Sam to be strong for it.

I have a lot of questions, speculations etc after I've watched the episode. I cried. I felt so much for Dean. I didn't really mind that Castiel said Dean's the only one who could end it. Well, that's the Angels' POV. Sam is also seen as if someone who can also stop the Apocalypse.

Now, see? I have another question. It seemed like it's Sam who can stop the Apocalypse from happening; but Dean's the one who's supposed to finish it (if it started, which I think will happen.) I'm becoming more confused on how are they (writers) going to end Season 4.

All right, back to the episode. Jared and Jensen - phenominal acting! Both of them aren't just 'acting out' Sam and Dean, they became Sam and Dean. I always get this connection from both of them: empowering and at the same time, hurting me. Poor us.

I love Sammy when he had that conversation with Castiel asking him for a miracle. The boy still believes in angels and miracles and heaven, even after what he's seen so far. Who says Sammy isn't concerned about Dean anymore?

Plus, he saved Dean (and Castiel in the process). Yes, it is the Sam with the demonic power that had saved Dean and his personal angel. How ironic was that? Then some are quick to judge Sam. Poor boy. Wasn't it his fate to become dark, just as it Dean's to become the 'righteous one'?

As for the screentime yes, it seemed like it's the Angel's show. It would've been better if Sammy got to kill Uriel. Whoa! I'll be so happy. I never liked Uriel - NEVER! I'm glad he died.

As for Ana, she is okay. I never really liked her for Dean but I think she plays her part okay. Will she be important at the end of the tunnel? Maybe. She can also be disposable character.

Whatelse did I miss?

Oh Ruby. Hmmm... I wasn't mad or anything. I still think she's important in the show as she can well be the YED Jr. I just didn't like how romantically close she got with Sam. I don't think that was actually needed.

ETA: Oh I forgot to add, I also liked that Sam killed Dean's personal protagonist - Alastair in relation to Dean killing YED (Sam's).
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Finally i got to see the episode too ..... schoking news ... never thought of many of these....

This battle that comes...they really wanna make it Dean vs Sam ... Maybe that's why they chose to be Dean the one to break the 1st seal so that he would be the one to fight Sam ( who was already chosen to be the one to lead their army), and it would be easier for them to bring the apocalypse as Dean won't be able to fight Sam

About Anna i don't have nothing against her as long as she leaves Dean alone ... maybe she could do a nice pair with Castiel ... she seems to be on the good side after killing Uriel ( i always had a hunch he is not on the Good's side)

As for Ruby ... well that sceae was definitely hot ...but i still don;t like her... and he getting more deamon blood.. they really wanna make Sam turn to the evil side

can;t w8 for next epi ... this is getting more and more interesting
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode although it was depressing as hell. Seriously, my heart felt so heavy afterwards. I felt so bad for Dean poor him, and Sam, oh no, I literally cursed a ton when I saw that scene with the blood, he's really going down a dangerous path and it's scary. I just want both boys to be okay in the end and together

But, on the other hand, amazing performances by everyone! esp Jared and most esp, Jensen

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Passionate Fan

The car scene in the beginning was so sad again. Dean being so tired about it all. - I can understand you!

The talk between Castiel and Dean was really good and if I am not entirely wrong, you could feel how sorry Castiel was for asking Dean doing it. He did show emotions for a few seconds.

This Alistair really gets on my nerves (I like the first one better) and his voice annoys the hell out of me. Can´t this guy speak normal - for God sake! I don´t find it scary or anything like that - it really annoyed me...the sound and all. I can´t tell you how much I am relived that he is dead now.

Sam that was pretty low, that you don´t believe that your brother can do it. And it seems that he doesn´t really care that he got captured. I knew about the demon blood already - so it wasn´t a shock for me. It was ewww and don´t right I think but hadn´t he gone for it - all would be dead now.
What a evil look from Ruby - I hate her with passion.

I like Anna more and more! Castiel should have listen to her, instead of throwing her out. Unfortunately he isn´t like her at this point.

Oh my God!!!! POOR DEAN!!!! When Ali told him that he was the first seal it broke his heart. Terrific acting from Jensen there!!! His looks hit me right in my poor little already broken heart.

How cool was it, when Sam saved Castiel and Dean. Castiel was not happy what he seen but if Sam hadn´t shown up he would be in heaven again and Dean would be dead and Uriel would still kill Angels. I want to point out that I never liked Uriel at all. Until now Sam always has used his powers and the blood for the good cause so I can live with it. When he would turn it again an human being I would be mad at him, but so I can´t do it.

Over that I forgot how cool it was for Castiel to show up and fight - even if he hadn´t a chance at all. But glad that he at least tried.

Sammy was there again. When he was at Deans side and tough talking with Castiel. I can´t help myself - I love him for doing it. And how sweet is it that he still believes that there is a chance for a miracle. He stand up for Dean and showed me that he still cared for Dean after his stupid talk with stupid Ruby.

I know that I am in the minority but I love Anna. She is so right when she tells Castiel that he finally has to think for himself. It is about time for him doing it! You can do it! Misha is so good looking in that scene with the teary eyes.

Awesome fight between Uriel and Castiel. I knew it that he wouldn´t stand a chance but thanks for Anna again. These two are a great team. I want to see more of them.

Dean in the hospital bed looking so damaged and fragil - I love it and it broke my heart again. The sentences when he says that he wasn´t the man his father wanted him to be was the saddest thing I ever watched. I wanted to hug him and tell him that everything will be alright again and that he is wrong that he is not strong enough. His father couldn´t wish for a better son. Jensen was so unbelievable amazing in it.

At least I forgot to mention that Jared looked so good in the scene when he killed Ali. I love his hair in that scene.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalesNLuke (View Post)
Haha I kind of did get the Star Wars vibe from that scene.
I had the same feeling too.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think they did that on purpose.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow this was an episode. So much new information revealed!!!

-Glad to see Anna back, I wanna know her full history with Castiel.
-I do like to see Castiel waver and question his faith and the purpose of everything.
-So Uriel was killing the Angels, wtf! That was a twist. And he and Castiel were Lucifers bothers whatttttt. And God is not really in the picture now??? I guess?? IDK, I'm confused lol.
-Sam drinking Ruby's blood was SO BADDDDD. NOOOOOO. I know this is going to make him more "evil" and turn part demon or whatever??? I am disappointed they destroyed Ruby's character because I liked her so much in season 3.
-Sam was a bad ass though killing Allistair and I am glad to see him go.
-And Dean has to stop the apocolypse... oh. Okay. Sure...

Season 4 is great, and in terms of storyline its definitely very strong but idk, I still like it the least from the first 4 so far. I guess maybe I prefer the more simplistic storylines and I liked how it was just the boys. Now there are a lot of side characters.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, that was so intense and dark! I hated Dean being forced to torture Alistair. I wish Anna had arrived sooner, to convince Castiel to stop Dean. Alistair may have deserved what was coming to him, but Dean didn't deserve to be forced to go back to those dark times when he tortured in Hell.

Sam drinking Ruby's blood to make him stronger shocked me. I hate seeing the brothers both going dark like this. I'm glad Castiel is seeing the light, though. I wasn't expecting it to be Uriel who was killing the Angels. That was a surprising revelation.

Awww poor Dean at the hospital.

This is turning out to be an incredibly dark season. Some light relief would be nice again.
Reply   Post New Thread