Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Juju* (View Post)
love the doc remember him on Charmed, he was so good I always loved this actor He plays badass perfectly ^^

Next week is going to kill me Dean
Thank you! When I saw the Doc I was just like I know him from somewhere! And it was bothering me so much cause I couldn't think of where I'd seen him before. So thanks for finally putting my mind at rest!

As for Lillith holding the deals. That actually came as a shock to me. I don't know why because now that I think back on it it was pretty obvious but I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to her character. Duh Janine... I was sidetracked by the J2 yummyness.

Quote:
I screamed! My mom was all "What the hell?" But I couldn't help it! I expected Dean to burst in way before that, and a part of me thought they were actually going to do it! You never know with SPN, they could have Sammy lose an eye then get a witch to give him a new one or something . I kept thinking about all the lame Dean jokes. We all know how he jokes to make himself feel better His jokes would all be "You know that old saying Sammy? It was wrong, it's STILL fun and games after someone loses an eye." It'd be so awful.
Oh my gosh! I was soo close to screaming! I watched the show in my room and I was lying down towards the end of my bed and by the time that part came up I was barely sitting on the edge of my bed, yelling 'don't do it don't do it! I was seriously freaking out!

And now Bela's character. I actually really liked her character. I mean sure there were parts where I just wanted to strangle her for screwing over Dean and Sam but for the most part she was pretty cool. I was kind of shocked to learn about her past but we all already knew that she had a dark past so it wasn't too much of a shock... Did that make sense? I was pretty sad to see her go and I will miss her but I think she left with a bang. Lauren especially kicked a** with that last scene.
[Janine]
midnightxsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IScream4Dean (View Post)
Guess I just want revenge for all the stunts she pulled, I wanted to see blood or at least an attack, she annoyed me to no end and I was not satisfied with Bela just staring out the window into the darkness. I dont think it would have harmed Lauren performance at all, she did a great job a lil more push at the end couldn't hurt. Its not necessary to too see gore but I would have at least liked to see the hounds jump her instead of leaving it open for her to possibly return *shudders* they are still toying with us and thats the problem I had with the ending, it was not final but done tactfully.
That was basically my opinion too. The way it was done, violence and gore probably wouldn't have fit into the ending of the episode. But, personally, I would have experienced more closure of the character, had I seen her bleed. I would've been satisfied with a more brutal, graphic demise for her, but that's just me being twisted and vengeful. I'm happy with how it turned out. It was beautifully done.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
I screamed! My mom was all "What the hell?" But I couldn't help it! I expected Dean to burst in way before that, and a part of me thought they were actually going to do it!
For a moment there I had the same feeling. And I didn't go as far as to assume they would "replace" it, but I thought they'd have Sam with an eyepatch for the rest of the show, which, to be a little honest, would have been kidna fun and cool
But then Doc got shot and all was right with the world.
~~~
Quote:
True but this would mean once again we need to draw our own conclusion about Bela, something we have been doing since the beginning.
You make a good point here, but I think the difference between all the assumptions we had to make all season and this week was that at least in the case of the later we got some sort of proof and indication regarldess of how ambigous it was.
I will agree that (no matter how harsh a reality abuse and molestation are) it was unoriginal (by TV standarts) and I would have liked, and was probably expecting, something more. But considering how the character has been all season, it worked on more levels than it didn't, and it the end that is what matters, so I'll take it.

Quote:
Guess I just want revenge for all the stunts she pulled, I wanted to see blood or at least an attack, she annoyed me to no end and I was not satisfied with Bela just staring out the window into the darkness. I dont think it would have harmed Lauren performance at all, she did a great job a lil more push at the end couldn't hurt. Its not necessary to too see gore but I would have at least liked to see the hounds jump her instead of leaving it open for her to possibly return *shudders* they are still toying with us and thats the problem I had with the ending, it was not final but done tactfully.
You know I'm more than good with tactful if it's done that way.
Personally I thought that the soundeffects made up for a lot of what we didn't see. Plus it was far more spooky, intimidationg and atmospheric as was, even though, sure, it could probably be considered on some levels "open ended" too.
But didn't really mind even that fact. I did kinda sorta like that "maybe not" feel the scene had, regardless of if I would like her to return or not. It made sence storywise, productionwise, it served the character and as I said it was very atmospheric (and wonderfully directed and acted) and I think that the vibe the scene had was beatiful, and also I will agree with Freedoms again, it did help undeline Lauren's amazing performance.
I have no beef with the ending whatsoever. I thought it was marvelously handled in every aspect.
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .felicity (View Post)
Oh my god, that scene with the scooper thing/Sam's eye? There's a very good chance I'm never using one of those again. Was it actually touching him or was it just very close? Haha. I got the creepers at that point.
Ugh, I have a really weird thing with ANYTHING touching anyones eyes and I was pretty much freaking out at this part. That was CLOSE I mean seriously DEAN can you TAKE any longer!!!

As for Bela..I never really liked her..but I did feel a bit sad when she died.

I thought it was sad when Dean said to Bela 'I'll see you in hell' and the look on Sam's face after Dean said that..I was all awww
Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Though, they didn't really show Bela dying, right? She can well be still alive and had outwit the demon or had another deal or rather an extension?
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
Though, they didn't really show Bela dying, right? She can well be still alive and had outwit the demon or had another deal or rather an extension?
Yup! ...we can only hope!! I know you don't want to. But I adore Lauren so much! I'm going to miss her.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
Sure, but I doubt it. Or I prefer not to think of it haha ...

and omg your Av rocks!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF40 (View Post)
That was basically my opinion too. The way it was done, violence and gore probably wouldn't have fit into the ending of the episode. But, personally, I would have experienced more closure of the character, had I seen her bleed. I would've been satisfied with a more brutal, graphic demise for her, but that's just me being twisted and vengeful. I'm happy with how it turned out. It was beautifully done.
Dude you know I have a warped mind, so I could come up with tons of vicious ways to end her, personally I would have loved to see those hell hounds tare Bela apart and me being twisted would imagined myself waiting outside with doggie treats for a job well done can you tell that I am not sad to see her gone, hope it stays that way.

Quote:
You make a good point here, but I think the difference between all the assumptions we had to make all season and this week was that at least in the case of the later we got some sort of proof and indication regarldess of how ambigous it was.
I will agree that (no matter how harsh a reality abuse and molestation are) it was unoriginal (by TV standarts) and I would have liked, and was probably expecting, something more. But considering how the character has been all season, it worked on more levels than it didn't, and it the end that is what matters, so I'll take it.
True at least we had something to go on, although very typical basically the number one reason most people do unspeakable things is that they were abused so that storyline was blah.... I am thinking because of time restraints and the sudden decision to end Bela played into a rushed story. I was thinking they could have come up with something more that lead to her being a thief, maybe abandoned by her parents shift from foster home to group homes and jail, ending up on the streets and a life of crime to survive, somehow searching and finding her birth parents then having them killed, just a thought, I am way too hyper
Quote:
You know I'm more than good with tactful if it's done that way.
Personally I thought that the soundeffects made up for a lot of what we didn't see. Plus it was far more spooky, intimidationg and atmospheric as was, even though, sure, it could probably be considered on some levels "open ended" too.
Yes I feel ya, however at least I'd like to have seen those hounds burst in on her and she'd have the most terrified look on her face, then the hounds leaped at her and the screen went dark, although still not seeing the attack it would have been more satisfying
Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Dude you know I have a warped mind, so I could come up with tons of vicious ways to end her, personally I would have loved to see those hell hounds tare Bela apart and me being twisted would imagined myself waiting outside with doggie treats for a job well done can you tell that I am not sad to see her gone, hope it stays that way.
Doggie treats! No, I never would've guessed that you were happy she's gone.. I'm in agreement with you there that it would be awesome if it stayed that way!
Quote:
True at least we had something to go on, although very typical basically the number one reason most people do unspeakable things is that they were abused so that storyline was blah.... I am thinking because of time restraints and the sudden decision to end Bela played into a rushed story. I was thinking they could have come up with something more that lead to her being a thief, maybe abandoned by her parents shift from foster home to group homes and jail, ending up on the streets and a life of crime to survive, somehow searching and finding her birth parents then having them killed, just a thought, I am way too hyper
I agree. I felt that they were building us up for this big punchline of a discovery as to the reasoning for Bela's behavior. But, they were probably short for time, so I'll forgive the somewhat cliche backstory. I still think they ended up tying her in nicely to the storyline.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I guess they were pressed for time so they weren't able to flesh out more about Bela's past, but I liked how they sort of tied everything up in the end. But who knows, they didn't really actually show her die.

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
I LOVED the scene with Dean and Rufus, it was brilliant. I hope that at some point we get to see Rufus again, I really liked him.
The scenes between the two of them were awesome. Love it when they get such amazing guest actors - I remember Steven Williams from 21 Jump Street and the X-Files. The two of them were fascinating, and in scenes that basically were just talking, no less.

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't know that he was in 21 Jump Street and X Files, that's interesting to know But yeah, Rufus is a great character and the scene with Dean is awesome

av
Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

I didn'tknow he was in the X-Files either (because I have't seen much of it *hides in shame*), but I did know 21 Jumpstreet, and I have seen him in a bunch of other stuff too, and I've loved him in anything I've seen him at (though I never caught his name regardless of how much I liked him *hides deaper in shame*).
So getting him on SPN was definitelly a perk for me, and very fortunate he eased right into it

Last edited by Folie; 06-22-2008 at 11:21 AM
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad that he was in SPN, it made me recognize him and his awesomeness, I wasn't too big on remembering names and stuff too

av
Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo (View Post)
I didn't know that he was in 21 Jump Street and X Files, that's interesting to know
Yeah, he was Captain Fuller in 21 Jump Street. And he was one of Mulder's contacts, just known as X, on the X-Files (he was cool there, too, but in a more scary way ).

He was just totally believable here, as a world-weary hunter.

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread