Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Total Fan

Copying this from my LJ...

I've been looking forward to this episode more than any other episode this season ever since I heard 'Groundhog Day' because I love that movie and I know you can do funny things with it. I loved the episode in The X-Files, Monday, where Mulder is stuck in the time loop and he dies as well. So I had huge expectations for this episode and I could only hope they'd be fulfilled. And they did. They did, except for some moments where I was like "huh?", but I really loved this episode. To be honest, I was really afraid to start watching it this morning. I was actually nervous for an episode, wow! I never had that before. I had been reasonably unspoiled : all I knew was the general plotline of Dean dying and the Groundhog Day. And I had seen the stills that were released, but I managed to stay away from any scenes from the episode so it started out as a total surprise. But still, I didn't want to see Dean dying. So my heart was racing by the time they got to the end of the "THEN" sequence and started the "NOW" sequence.

However, in the first scene I was already giggling. I mean, Dean mouthing along with the song and bobbing his head like that.

Plus the gargling and Sammy looking at the toothpaste. Hahahaha, oh I love these boys.

Okay, so Death #1...how Sam said "no, not like this." Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!

And then...does Sam wake up IMMEDIATELY after Dean dies, or does he go through the end of the day (say, until midnight), before he wakes up again and it's Tuesday?? If it's the second case, I'd have really loved to see what Sam does after Dean died for the first time. Because all the other times, he'd have realized that he'd wake up anyway, even though he says he can't watch Dean die another time, but still. That first time he didn't know he was going to wake up on Tuesday again so I thought we'd get to see emotional scenes immediately following the first death scene.

I also loved how Sam was struggling after the first time to tell Dean he had died, and only waited until after the second time to admit it. "Twice now, I've watched you die. And I can't...I won't do it again." I just wanted to hug Sam and make it all better because that face? That "you died and left me all alone" face? Hopefully we'll never get to see it again. OMG, I'm already dreading the outcome of Dean's deal now!

#2 Death By Car was by far the worst for me to watch. Because...I just...HATE.CAR.ACCIDENTS. And the way Dean looked after that with the bloody gums and all...that was so bad, I almost couldn't watch.

So on day 3 when they get back to the diner then, and Dean says "Sammy, I get all tingly when you take control like that." OK...the inner wincest fangirl in me LOVED that!

Then the giggling started again.
"Did it look cool like in the movies?"
"You peed yourself."
"Of course I peed myself. A man gets hit by a car, you think he has full control over his bladder?"
ONLY Supernatural could deliver a line like that! Oh Dean! The indignant face was hilarious! Much like the one in Phantom Traveler when Dean's defending his home-made EMF meter!

#3 Death By Desk. OKAAAAYYYY. That one reminded me a lot of one of the deaths in Final Destination. Don't remember what movie it was, but someone gets hit by a glass plate or something that falls down on his head.

Then it started to get funny again, because OMG, how many times can you kill Dean?
Let's see, there was #4 Death By Choking, #5 Death By Slipping In The Shower, #6 Death By Tacos, #7 Death By Electrocution, #8 Death By Axe

The scene where they're simultaneously saying all these lines? Best ever! That must have been so funny to shoot! ^_^
And the lines itself! What are they, seven?
"Sam Winchester wears make-up."
"Sam Winchester cries his way through sex."
"Sam Winchester keeps a ruler by the bed and every morning when he wakes up..."
I mean, WHAT ON EARTH? I nearly died myself laughing over that one!

#9 Death By Dog

So, they meet the trickster again and the joke is on Sam. What, why? Why does the trickster need to show Sam that he can't save Dean? I get that he plays jokes all the time but WHY this one? Why does he need to learn Sam a lesson? We all KNOW Dean is Sam's weakness and Sam knows it too, and he knows the demons know. Is the trickster trying to warn him to stop trying to save Dean himself and go find another way or someone else to save him? What? I don't get that part, really!

#10 Death by robbery. Omg, that was bad. When Sam said : "Not today. This isn't supposed to happen today. ", and then he closes his eyes and hopes to wake up again. Oh, Sam. "I'm supposed to wake up."
You can just FEEL the desperation.

And then, the following scenes of Sam living life without Dean. Oh man, that should NEVER have to happen. It was terrible. Bobby calling him, worried, and all those scenes of Sam going through hunts and feeling absolutely NOTHING anymore, doing everything like a robot,....I swear if Kripke decides to kill Dean at the end of his deal before bringing him back I'm going to die myself!

And Bobby (even though it wasn't the real one) wanting to give up his life to bring Dean back. I think Bobby would really do that, because he loves these boys so much, as if they were his own sons.
For a minute there I thought it was the real Bobby even though they had a lot of focus on Bobby's face, or more like his face hidden behind his cap when Sam arrives, so I knew something was up with that, but after Sam stabbed him he must have thought for a minute he killed Bobby as well! What a horrible, HORRIBLE episode for Sam...first losing Dean, then thinking he killed Bobby. Seriously, can't these boys get a break?! When Kripke said he had five years of suffering for these boys in mind, he wasn't lying, that's for sure!

Sam's desperate BEGGING for Dean's life was heartbreaking. Wincest aside, these brothers need and love each other so much, it's painful to watch sometimes!

More things that I don't get...why does the trickster let Sam and Dean off the hook so easily? "I'm over it." What does that mean? Was it just to torture Sam or what? Does he feel that Sam 'learned his lesson'?

I had hoped for one, but I hadn't expected one, and still we got it...another WINCHESTER HUG!!! OMG, and it was soooo emotional, Sam clinging to Dean for dear life! My heart stopped!

And that last scene of Sam closing the door and looking back into the motel room with tears in his eyes? Yep, then I started sobbing too! He just can't lose his brother, he can't!! Kripke, you better make sure he doesn't, or else!! That was the most emotional we've seen Sam ever since he learned of his brother's deal. It's just killing him inside that Dean's going to die.

I really loved this episode, even though not all things about the Trickster were too clear, but it was the perfect mix of cringe-worthy, funny, sad and emotional! I wonder if Sam's ever going to tell Dean about what happened after Dean died. One of the best and funniest eps of the season!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Firstly for anyone who's interested I have 843 screencaps of the episode up at MY SITE first update on the page.

omg this episode was soo funny but then it was also so sad a great one though! I just finished re-watching it again not long ago.

Haha, some of my favorite parts

Sam: You don’t remember any of this?
Dean: Remember what?
Sam: This. Today, like…like it’s happened before?
Dean: You mean like déj* vu?
Sam: No, I mean like it’s, like it’s really happened before.
Dean: Yeah, like déj* vu
Sam: No, forget about déj* vu! I’m asking you if it feels like we’re living yesterday all over again?
Dean: Okay, how is that not dej—
Sam: Don’t! Don’t say it!

Sam: He’ll take the special, side of bacon, coffee black. Nothing for me, thanks.
Dean: Sammy, I get all tingly when you take control like that.

Dean: So you think you’re in some kind of what?
Sam: Time warp.
Dean: Like Groundhog Day?
Sam: Yes, exactly! Like Groundhog Day.
Dean: Uh huh.
Sam: So you don’t believe me?
Dean: It’s just a little crazy, I mean even for us crazy. You know like uh…
Sam: Dingo ate my baby crazy?
Dean: How’d you know I was going to say that?
Sam: Because you said it before Dean, that’s my whole point.

Dean: Wait, did he?
Sam: Yesterday. Yeah.
Dean: And?
Sam: And what?
Dean: Did it look cool like in the movies?
Sam: You peed yourself
Dean: Of course I peed myself. A man gets hit by a car. You think he has full control over his bladder? Come on!

and then the random ways Dean died, in the shower, eating suasages, by the dog..by the axe they were fighting over..it was so crazy and so funny but then so sad.. I felt for Sam

Jared was amazing in this ep! Poor Jensen, all his character does in this ep is die over and over again lol

I'm wondering if Sam will ever tell Dean about after he died as well...poor Sammy when he was asking the trickster to bring him back to that Wednesday, to bring Dean back
Old 02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Total Fan

I went on a massive ramble on my LJ so here's the shortened version

I thought it was a good episode but there seemed to be something lacking. It had all the elements for the making of an AMAZING and AWESOME episode but there seemed to be something missing that could bring it all together cohesively.

The Ten Deaths Of Dean were partly heartbreaking and partly hilarious. I mean, it only took one line and one quirk of the eyebrow for the 'taco death'

I think the best part of the episode was when Sam finally managed to track down the Trickster. He was trying to tell Sam that it was no good, it's almost useless trying to save your brother, yet Sam didn't care.

"He's my brother."

In just three words he managed to absolutely kill me. Nothing else matters to either of the boys except making sure the other one is still around and that's the most amazing love there is

The thing that I thought was going to bother me was how the episode might end. This episode was originally going to be 3x12 and the possible season finale if the strike continued. It got to about 4 minutes to go and Sam was still convincing the Trickster to bring Dean back. I wondered how on earth they could possibly solve all of that in such a short space of time without it seeming like a massive cop out. So Sam wakes up, it's Wednesday again, I am silently fuming to myself and then THE HUG HAPPENED.

I know I'm shallow, but that just made it for me. The ending was rushed, but Sam's poor wee face as he packs up his bag. He's carrying all of that weight, knowing what happened all those Tuesdays and after Dean died, yet Dean is completely oblivious.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
So, they meet the trickster again and the joke is on Sam. What, why? Why does the trickster need to show Sam that he can't save Dean? I get that he plays jokes all the time but WHY this one? Why does he need to learn Sam a lesson? We all KNOW Dean is Sam's weakness and Sam knows it too, and he knows the demons know. Is the trickster trying to warn him to stop trying to save Dean himself and go find another way or someone else to save him? What? I don't get that part, really!
Personally, I think the whole point here with the Trickster, is that he’s actually on their side. I mean, if you think about it, he isn’t really completely evil. And therefore, he’s trying to keep Sam from falling apart. There’s no way to save Dean (now, obviously, we’re all hoping that’s not true, but as far as we know, it is). Dean is Sam’s weakness, yes, but it’s more than that. Dean is going to be Sam’s destruction. I think that’s what the Trickster is trying to show him. If he can’t learn to live without his brother, the whole world is going to go to hell, and he’s not going to be able to do anything to stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
More things that I don't get...why does the trickster let Sam and Dean off the hook so easily? "I'm over it." What does that mean? Was it just to torture Sam or what? Does he feel that Sam 'learned his lesson'?
As for this, I don’t think it’s about Sam having learned his lesson. I almost took it as the Trickster giving up, in the hopes that maybe, with a little time, Sam may learn what he has to to survive: He can’t save his brother. And he has to learn to live without him… Or maybe the Trickster was simply giving up and assuming Sam a lost cause. Because, clearly, from what we saw, that’s what he is...

Did any of that make sense to anyone else, or am I just babbling? I can never tell if I'm making sense...

Personally, my biggest issue with this episode? The fact that they included the Trickster in the recap. I understand why they did it, but personally, I think it should have been avoided at all costs… And it was a bit frustrating that they tried so hard to make Dean’s death comedic, when I thought the rest of the comic relief throughout the episode would have been enough to balance it out, not to mention the fact that I thought the episode itself could have been much more powerful that way, considering the Trickster’s message in the end… Though I do find myself chuckling over some of them… I guess the ones that bothered me most were the desk and the axe. The desk, I thought, was played up too much for being only the third time Dean died. And the axe thing…? I just thought they took it a little too far with that one.

Anyway, overall it was a very powerful episode, and I have a feeling that, though I haven’t seen next week’s and I really don’t know much about it at all, I think that I’m going to wish that they had ended with this one. I know, it wasn’t exactly a cliffhanger, or anything, but that ending was just so powerful, and I think it really offers up an awesome sense of foreboding for the future… I know I’m probably alone in this, as people tend to want a huge, epic ending for something like this, but I don’t know… I guess I just thought this one was far more powerful than next week’s can even aspire to be. And to leave off with something so central to just our boys…? I just think it would have been more effective. Probably the Lit major in me again… Guess I’ll just have to wait and see next week… And don’t get me wrong, next week’s looks awesome, it just doesn’t feel like the appropriate episode to have left us with, after having seen this one…

Overall, this episode was just so intensely emotional. I’m pretty sure the most heartbreaking moment for me, was when Sam was holding Dean on that first Wednesday, and he says “I’m supposed to wake up.” I cried so hard at that point, it was ridiculous… And lost Sam… That nearly killed me, seeing Sam so completely cold and unfeeling. That is not something I ever wanted to see… Honestly, it's got me a little worried about the future for him, because I'm beginning to get really nervous about what going to happen to Dean...

Darren Hayes, This Delicate Thing We've Made
8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
blessingcurse_calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

So pretty much this episode was amazingly amazing. i had to watch twice just to put together coherent thoughts!

Dean - How i love Dean! Honestly he is one of the best thought out and acted characters on television! Though i do wish Jensen did actually sing the song, and not lip-syched it but can't always get what you want. But Jensen sure does have some awesome dance moves? doesn't he? lol Anyway, how many different ways can one die? Getting shot? Getting hit by a car? worst for me to watch, because well i hate car accidents. Getting hit by falling desk? Choking? slipping in the shower? which btw Jensen was looking mighty fine in the shower. Death by Taco? Electrocution? Death by Axe? Death by Dog? Death by Robbery? Anyone else think that "Rise & Shine sammy" is the single BEST line of the entire episode, granted it was said over and over, but i can't help it i laugh every time i heard Dean say it! o and can't forget "Dingo ate my baby crazy!" "I'm not going to die, not today" i have no idea why, but i just loved how Jensen delivered that line

Sam - "yea and if i hear it again, i'm going to kill myself" kinda made the whole seeing Dean die 100 times worse?? Then after he doesn't hear Asia, his reaction is awesome! Honestly can't Kripke just have one episode where they hold hands and run through a meadow? no? didn't think so. Everytime Sam caught the hot sauce, i couldn't help but laugh, his facial expressions were some of boredom, angry and 'this really needs to stop because i'm getting pissed'. After seeing how he reacts to Dean's death, makes me more worried about what Kripke has in store for the brothers. I mean before Dean died on Wed. Every Tuesday sammy had the look of desperation and needing to save his brother. Sure some days he was sarcastic, but then other days, we was on war path. Then when Dean dies on Wed, "this isn't supposed to happen today" god his reaction almost made me want to cry! He loves his brother so much!! then we see what becomes of him after, i was scared for his life, anyone else taken aback when Sam took the bullet out of this chest? Sure we all expect Dean to do that, but Sam??... which makes me hope Kripke has something up his sleeve! O and sammy taking the Impala ! I wouldn't expect anything less!

Sam & Dean - How awesome is this brother relationship?? AMAZINGLY awesome.. It just shows every single morning that they went through! They joke on each other but love every single minute of it! How and how awesome was that. "clowns or midgets?" Dean knows his brother so well doesn't he? lmao Am i the only one that missed Dean calling same a freak? I mean those were normally the best lines of season 1!! "Sammy, i get all tingly when you take control" alright normally i am able to hold back my wincest comments.. but come on!! That line deserves a wincest mention.... seriously? probably one of the best wincest lines in any season! "did it look cool like in the movies? , "you peed yourself" "of course i peed myself, A man gets hit by a car, you think he has full control over his bladder?" oh Dean and Sam, you have weird ways of showing you love one another... Best part about that, Dean actually defending himself. Anyone completely lose it when they were repeating each other? I mean Jared & Jensen had a hard time closing the Impala doors at the same time (one of the best bloopers) never mind trying to speak at the same time! That really needs to be on the bloopers! That hug OMFG amazingly awesome "Dude, how many Tuesday's did you have""Enough" god! They just love each other so much!

Trixter - Seriously this dude is evil? We all know that Dean is Sam's biggest weakness, did he really need to kill Dean 100 times? Anyone else find it odd that he knew about Dean's deal? I mean sure every demon knows about that, but that's because he sold his soul to them... I don't remember Dean selling his soul to the trixter? Maybe there is a group of 'every supernatural thing that hates the winchester brothers'?? and they all get together and discuss the latest news? probably not, but anyone else have an idea of why a trixter knew about the deal?

Bobby - This episode really showed how much Bobby actually cares about the brothers! Granted it was him who Sam met, but still i believe that the real bobby would have asked Sam to do that! Sam & Dean are the only family that he has, and he would do anything to save them!

General Stuff - Jensen must had fun dying over and over again, but in the beginning it must have been boring having to say the exact same line over and over again. But of course he pulled it out nicely! This was defiantly one of, if not THE best episode of the season, and certainly it was one of the best of the entire series! Only Supernatural can make someone die over and over agian, on the same day and make it interesting and worth watching! I really hope the ratings are good for this episode! IT deserves the best ratings of the year!

Promo - As good as the episode was, i think it was outshined by the promo! Seriously how FREAKING awesome was that promo, it was like a trailer for the next big movie! It was just awesome, Finally CW cares about our brothers!! bout time they realize that SPN is the single best show they have on their lineup! O and anyone else completely psyched for the Full night event!!! hopefully it starting at 8 will get more people! They won't be up against a new episode of Lost!

Overall this episode was of course a 15 outta 10! It had everything we love about supernatural and more!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

No Ruby or Bela

I loved this one too funny and finally just the boys, no ploys so refreshing to be able to stare at the screen full time Was too funny some of the ways Dean died, and that Asia song playing over and over, Dean gurgling was hot. Poor Sammy tho, he love his bro so much it was killing him seeing Dean die each time. This was a way to see how Sammy would cope if Dean dies from the CRD deal if he cant save him, but of course he is not gonna die, the show will too. I did not care for TT when the Trickster was on it was just too silly but this time it was more realistic sorta, but the end was kinda left hanging. Sam was hella hot the way he was impatient with that dude taking apart that wall, he wanted answers like now, he was not playing around, too funny in the restaurant when they were talking in unison, “Sam Winchester wears make up" next week looks good, then the long hiatus
Old 02-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IScream4Dean (View Post)
No Ruby or Bela
This episode was so good to us, wasn't it Jaye? I completely agreed with everything you said. Especially that impatient/pissed-off/troubled Sammy is a whole bunch of incredible hotness. Hooray for all J2 no B2!

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh my. If I thought that last weel blew me away, I had no idea what was in store... IMO the best episode so far. It had all the ingredients of an awesome SPN epi, it made me laugh so hard I almost soiled meself, sniffle on more that one occasion and broke my damn heart all over again.
And yeah, lotsa slash
CogitoErgoFeminaSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF40 (View Post)
This episode was flawless. I'm totally speechless. Favourite of season 3, without a doubt.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was perfect. It was pretty far from it, but I can't help but love it. I've yet to make a proper review, because I feel this episode is so worth it, but for now, I've put some lines down on a LJ community:

Amazing. Not perfect but still so awesome.
It was a pretty lame hunt for the boys, even though they were killing time while they looked for Bela...Didn't really suit them.
Moreover, I'm finding really annoying in this season that they have to shove down our throats the storyline of Dean dying, when both is S1 and in S2 there were beautiful episodes that didn't have anything to do with the brothers finding Dad or Azazel.
As for the Trickster helping the boys, well I hope we get some explanation because it was kinda 'Why the hell should he help them out?'...I loved to see him coming back and it fit for his first appearance in the episode, but not so much for the second.

Anyhow, from these complaints it seems that I didn't like the episode XD
No, I did. Much more that the latest one, even if plot wise I realize last episode was better. I can't help but have a soft spot for the 'Groudhog Day' concept in the first place, and it was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I was laughing and getting real sad (I almost cried just for the 10:41 AM at the end of IMTOD) in the span of just a few minutes and the episode still seemed too short for me
I didn't even feel something was missing, with Bobby's call to Sam for those three months.
Another great moment was the one with the aforementioned 'con man'.
While they just couldn't get rid of Dean - and therefore I knew they were going to bring him back somehow - I was so praying "Please, don't let him be Bobby, please..." ç_ç
Thankfully I was heard **!
I also found the episode quite funny as Kripke told us it would be, probably because we both have quite a sadistic side in us XD!
It might have been predictable, but the more complex the intrigue behind the episode is the easier I can see it, while if anyone else can see it...I don't. So I welcome predictability ;P!

Heart pretty much ruined any emotional reaction Sam could have had to me, so I don't blame it on Mr. Carver that we could have felt more his loss. Compared to the tears he cried for a stranger - compared to his brother, Madison was little more than that - nothing would have felt as satisfying to me.
I liked the sadness after the first death, how he could not say he was dead and the growing frustration. The cold hunter he became after 3 months without Dean sure isn't someone I wish for Sammy to become, but it was truthful to the man we have seen him become from 3.05 (where he killed the RED, careless of the young woman it was possessing).

I don't know if this episode taught him anything. I wish for it to be brought up again but...Let's face it.
Did they ever mentioned that Sam killed a hunter? Have we seen him wallow in guilt for that? Any other mention of him getting possed? The brother ask themselves where the heck 'Meg' is?
No. Does it make "Born Under A Bad Sign" any less awesome?
No. And neither will the fact that Sam might not have any 'emotional scars' after this episode make it bad because it was pointless, at least to me ^^

ETA: After someone made me notice there's a thing that bugs me out. Why was Sam so angry?
Why was he ready to sacrifice an innocent? Did it have something to do with the djinn shown in the teaser - meaning it wasn't the reality - or he was just pissed off with no reason?
Because it wasn't the Trickster who killed Dean, and neither did anything supernatural. It was quite 'normal' as a death, so I'm having quite a hard time getting why he became so obsessed with him.

Ele

Last edited by Akira14; 02-16-2008 at 09:04 AM
Akira14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira14 (View Post)
ETA: After someone made me notice there's a thing that bugs me out. Why was Sam so angry?
Why was he ready to sacrifice an innocent? Did it have something to do with the djinn shown in the teaser - meaning it wasn't the reality - or he was just pissed off with no reason?
Because it wasn't the Trickster who killed Dean, and neither did anything supernatural. It was quite 'normal' as a death, so I'm having quite a hard time getting why he became so obsessed with him.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it was the Trickster who killed Dean that last time, which would explain why Sam was so angry and obsessed with him. The whole point was to attempt to teach Sam a lesson, and clearly it didn't work the first time around, so he tried something else. It was a normal death, yes, but it was the Trickster who caused it, just like every other time.

And as for Sam's anger, I'm pretty sure that was the whole point. It was the lesson he was trying to teach Sam... His brother is his weakness, to the point that he will completely shut down without him. He needs to learn to live without Dean. If he can't, it's going to destroy him...

8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
Old 02-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

No, it was Cal from the diner. If in any other episode Dean gets killed again looking for the Trickster?
If the Trickster's influence stopped when Wednesday started, being angry with him makes no sense to me.
On the other hand if it was a warped reality the guy trapped him in - similar to the djinn's - it fits more. (and I don't like thinking Dean was in Hell for three months and AGAIN he doesn't recall any of it)

Ele
Akira14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
No, it was Cal from the diner. If in any other episode Dean gets killed again looking for the Trickster?
If the Trickster's influence stopped when Wednesday started, being angry with him makes no sense to me.
On the other hand if it was a warped reality the guy trapped him in - similar to the djinn's - it fits more. (and I don't like thinking Dean was in Hell for three months and AGAIN he doesn't recall any of it)
Oh, I know it was technically Cal who killed him. But personally, I don't think the Trickster's influence stopped when Wednesday started. He offered to let them out of the time loop if they let him go, yes, but that doesn't mean he no longer has any influence over what's going on... Not to mention the fact that Sam didn't agree to the terms and was going to go ahead and kill him... I just don't think he would have let him off that easy...

8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
Old 02-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jared did act GREAT! I've been saying that for most parts this season, actually. He's a great actor. He broke my heart so much.

I agree with some of you though, there's something lacking on the episode, yeah, I want it to be angsty. For crying out loud, Dean died like nth time and add humour to it? I'm not up for homour on this episode. I'm just glad Jared showed so much of Sammy being heartbroken because I swear if Jared didn't do good, it might've been the worse episode for me.

Anyway, yeah, I hated to see Dean die. I mean, c'mon, if I have heart problems, I could've died too. And the ways he died - they were too heartbreaking for me. So heartbreaking. What more if it's Sammy?

I love the time when Dean get shot (on Wed) and Sam just closed his eyes and said I'm suppose to wake up. It broke my heart into pieces. And he sorta just hugged him and you could say he's like hoping that this will be over that he's gonna wake up. Oh Jared.

On a shallow note though, NIPPLE SAM! And WTF? We got so many Wincest moments. Dean can't be flirting when he ate that sausage right? *winks*

I'll get back to read through the reviews you guys posted. I'm off shopping.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, where to begin? I really like this episode And to watch Dean die over and over, it was sort of heartbreaking. But injecting some sort of humor into it isn't really that bad..

Jared broke my heart so much, especially the first time that Sam died and the last time when he was holding Dean in his arms and he was saying that he was supposed to wake up. and when he said, "please" and "he's my brother" It's scary to see Sam of the future, of a world without Dean, where he becomes like his father, harden, devoid of emotion and all he has is vengeance, it's a Sam that I don't want him to become. Sam really needs Dean by his side.

and Dean, I love his dorky dance and his quirky antics I don't think I can really take it if I have to see either one of them die, watching him die over and over's pretty painful!

and HUG!!! Finally, I've been waiting for that to happen since the beginning, so I'm happy we got that, even if Dean didn't hug him back, I'm happy

and I love, love the scene where they were all the funny lines like "Sam Winchester wears makeup" and "Sam Winchester cries his way through sex", etc in unison, I 'm sure they had to redo those scenes numerous times, I want that in the gag reel!!!

The resolving of the whole thing though, how they dealt with the Trickster, and how he just gave up seemed a bit rushed though...

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF40 (View Post)
This episode was so good to us, wasn't it Jaye? I completely agreed with everything you said. Especially that impatient/pissed-off/troubled Sammy is a whole bunch of incredible hotness. Hooray for all J2 no B2!
Yes what a sign of relief not to have to share our boys, bring back our show please, oh gawd Sam was hot being pissed, and soapy naked Dean in the shower But Lauren name is in the credit for this weeks epi, they are going after Bela for the colt, EK would not be that cruel to us would he to have B2 at the same time just hope its not so.

Quote:
I'm finding really annoying in this season that they have to shove down our throats the storyline of Dean dying
I am getting pretty sick of the whole Dean dying concept too, esp when realistically there is no way it can truely happen, enough and get on with a storyline that we can adapt too.