Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Total Fan

I don't get that either. I mean, if you love a show, and start to watch it, who's changing the channel in the MIDDLE of the episode?

I mean, look away for a minute or something or something if you really can't stand the characters but please leave your tv on the CW to get the ratings going!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But come to think of it, not everyone is as dedicated as all of us in here. So it kinda makes sense, too. I mean, maybe, if I'm not this addicted to SPN, and I like Lost, too - why not change channel when my least fave character is on and watch a much more interesting scene on the other station? Saves me the hassle right?
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
I don't get that either. I mean, if you love a show, and start to watch it, who's changing the channel in the MIDDLE of the episode?

I mean, look away for a minute or something or something if you really can't stand the characters but please leave your tv on the CW to get the ratings going!
EXACTLY!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
But come to think of it, not everyone is as dedicated as all of us in here. So it kinda makes sense, too. I mean, maybe, if I'm not this addicted to SPN, and I like Lost, too - why not change channel when my least fave character is on and watch a much more interesting scene on the other station? Saves me the hassle right?
Yeah, ok, I get that. But still it sucks for us because LOST already has the ratings!

You know what the most frustrating part is? That I can't do ANYTHING about it because I live in Europe and only the US ratings count. I can only HOPE AND PRAY the US viewers watch SPN and the ratings are good.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm in the same boat Eve. ...Canadian ratings for SPN are decent but that doesn't really matter does it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Okay thoughts, I'm really at a loss for coherent words I really like this episode and very well acted by Jim, Jared and especially Jensen. Jensen totally rocked this episode, esp the evil!Dean-Dean confrontation, that was awesome I'm just so sad regardng the lowest ratings for the season, seriously, wtf?

First, Bobby, it was interesting to see the reason behind it all, and I guess I'm not that surprised that he had a loved one die on him, so sad that it was his wife and that he killed her because he didn't know how to deal with posessions then Bobby is such a father figure to the boys, esp to Dean, and their scenes together is just

Sam/Bela, umm.. I don't know what to say. I love Sam though, he was freaking hilarious and his reactions and he was drooling happily in his sleep, awesome! I honestly sort of blocked her out and focused on Sam

And Bela, I don't know, I'm really, really getting tired of her being a bitch storyline, I hope they do give her storyline more purpose on this show, rather than be annoying. And I really hate her for stealing the Colt!

and Dean! Where do I start? Cranky Dean is awesomely hilarious Dean always definitely needs his sleep And finally, finally, Dean admitting to himself and to Sam that he doesn't want to die and to go to Hell, is just But the best and creepiest scene of all, the confrontation. OMG, that scene was awesome and I can't even tell you guys how good Jensen was in that scene! I love that he's finally voicing out his feelings about John, the resentment and that he's not just some perfect little soldier. I can't even type all the things I loved about that scene, seriously

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So, I'm just gonna jump in here, hope you don't mind, but honestly, I think most of the apprehension against Bela and/or Ruby comes from those of us who are this addicted. Now, I'm completely obsessed with this show now, and I absolutely love both Bela and Ruby. However, if I were the way I was a year or so ago, where I watched but just wasn't obsessive, I highly doubt the introduction of the girls would have concerned me at all. I certainly could be wrong, and I'm really not sure with Supernatural, but I know when Bones introduced Cam, all the hostility I saw toward her was coming from the most dedicated of fans, not the ones who just liked the show. In fact, everyone I talked to who watched but wasn't ridiculously committed, tended to really like the introduction of the new characters. I get the feeling that most people who just like the show and aren't really completely dedicated tend not to be nearly as concerned with a little bit of change...

And as for the ratings drop, personally, I wonder if it could be, at least in part, contributed to the fact that Supernatural is becoming more and more reliant on the backstory behind it and episodes are becoming less and less stand alone. Now, that doesn't really bother me much, but I did find myself watching season one yesterday and kind of missing all the awesome spirits and monsters they used to go up against... I mean I've been trying to recruit some new fans this season, but I find them just getting confused. They like it, or at least they think they would, but they have trouble following it, because so much is dedicated to that running storyline...

Darren Hayes, This Delicate Thing We've Made
8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
blessingcurse_calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And as for the ratings drop, personally, I wonder if it could be, at least in part, contributed to the fact that Supernatural is becoming more and more reliant on the backstory behind it and episodes are becoming less and less stand alone.
This could very well be a factor. I LOVE the stand alone episodes and miss them dearly, because this season every episode has tied in to the bigger story arc some how. and I'd love just a monster of the week, no mentions of Dean dying or Sam going evil or the war. just a bad guy monster, they kill it they drive off end of story. I've heard others complain of this as well.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Total Fan

Yep and it seems that when the strike end they're going to be shooting some more episodes, they will be focused on the mythology as well...that's what Jared said at fangoria, and I think I read somewhere that Kripke confirmed that.

I also love stand-alone monster-of-the-week episodes.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

the strike is finally over, and as much as i LOVE this season and how the episodes are a part of the big story, i hope they have at least some episodes where they just drive across country and kill some evil spirits!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
Yeah, ok, I get that. But still it sucks for us because LOST already has the ratings!

You know what the most frustrating part is? That I can't do ANYTHING about it because I live in Europe and only the US ratings count. I can only HOPE AND PRAY the US viewers watch SPN and the ratings are good.
Aw, me too. If only I live in the US, I'd stop at nothing to help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessingcurse_calling (View Post)
So, I'm just gonna jump in here, hope you don't mind, but honestly, I think most of the apprehension against Bela and/or Ruby comes from those of us who are this addicted. Now, I'm completely obsessed with this show now, and I absolutely love both Bela and Ruby. However, if I were the way I was a year or so ago, where I watched but just wasn't obsessive, I highly doubt the introduction of the girls would have concerned me at all. I certainly could be wrong, and I'm really not sure with Supernatural, but I know when Bones introduced Cam, all the hostility I saw toward her was coming from the most dedicated of fans, not the ones who just liked the show. In fact, everyone I talked to who watched but wasn't ridiculously committed, tended to really like the introduction of the new characters. I get the feeling that most people who just like the show and aren't really completely dedicated tend not to be nearly as concerned with a little bit of change...
You have a point there. But I don't really mind other ladies in the show. For me, it's all about what they can contribute to the whole story. I like Ruby, yes, but I hated Bela. So I'm not sure if I can be an example of the addicted ones who hates the girls because they don't want to see any girls with the brothers.

Quote:
And as for the ratings drop, personally, I wonder if it could be, at least in part, contributed to the fact that Supernatural is becoming more and more reliant on the backstory behind it and episodes are becoming less and less stand alone. Now, that doesn't really bother me much, but I did find myself watching season one yesterday and kind of missing all the awesome spirits and monsters they used to go up against... I mean I've been trying to recruit some new fans this season, but I find them just getting confused. They like it, or at least they think they would, but they have trouble following it, because so much is dedicated to that running storyline...
Maybe. It can be a big factor. Just my point on it is that, in Season 1, they are still trying to introduce the characters - build a bigger storylines based on them. So we get to see more of the "hunters' lives" But Season 2 and 3, they've already established their characters so they need them to grow thus they'll be giving us more stuff - tougher plots so we won't get too lost in just differentiating the two boys. (Sorry if I have to reference Lost again... I was once an additec viewer) Like in Lost, Season 1 was still the best for me... but when I think of it, it's the time that we get to know who's Jack, who's Kate... what did they do? Hiw did they brcome a part of this? Yes, it's interesting because we don't know the characters yet and it's always great to get something new out of them. If you get my drift. I'll stop now.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You have a point there. But I don't really mind other ladies in the show. For me, it's all about what they can contribute to the whole story. I like Ruby, yes, but I hated Bela. So I'm not sure if I can be an example of the addicted ones who hates the girls because they don't want to see any girls with the brothers.
Oh, I certainly don't see you as that, and actually, I don't think I've really come across anyone who hates them just because they don't want any girls with the boys... I just mean that, from what I've seen in the past with both this show, and a number of others, most of the hostility and/or love toward new characters comes from those people who are extremely dedicated to the show, whereas people who aren't as dedicated tend to be kind of indifferent to things like this. In fact, I personally think it's a good thing when there are strong feelings for or against a certain character. Whatever way you feel, it's because you care enough about the show to be concerned with what they're doing with it. Personally, I like Bela, I think they can do great things with her, and I think they plan to, but I also understand where you're coming from, since Ruby's story is more entwined with the boys' at this point...

Quote:
Maybe. It can be a big factor. Just my point on it is that, in Season 1, they are still trying to introduce the characters - build a bigger storylines based on them. So we get to see more of the "hunters' lives" But Season 2 and 3, they've already established their characters so they need them to grow thus they'll be giving us more stuff - tougher plots so we won't get too lost in just differentiating the two boys. (Sorry if I have to reference Lost again... I was once an additec viewer) Like in Lost, Season 1 was still the best for me... but when I think of it, it's the time that we get to know who's Jack, who's Kate... what did they do? Hiw did they brcome a part of this? Yes, it's interesting because we don't know the characters yet and it's always great to get something new out of them. If you get my drift. I'll stop now.
Oh, I definitely see what you mean here. Personally, I like Supernatural the way it is. I love the big, running storylines. It makes it more fun for me... Probably because I'm a Literature major, and therefore I'm trained to read these things critically, and the running storylines give me more to work with... But I assume I might be in the minority with that, if only because I almost always am, and so I attribute things like ratings drops to the things that I like about the show. Does that make any sense? I guess I'm just weird... Personally, I'm all for growth and character development, but it's been my experience that a lot of people aren't nearly as for that as I would have thought. And as much as I like it, I do find myself missing some of the old mythology and all that good stuff. They can keep the running storyline with it, I just want something that's not all demons. But anyway, I guess my overall point with the ratings thing, was that we basically have to rely on the established fanbase, because at this point, it's difficult to bring people in who are unfamiliar with the show, because there's just so much they have to know in order to follow an episode this season...

And I'm just gonna stop now, 'cause I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore. I think I fried my brain with Medical Anthropology and Literary Sub-Genres today... So I apologize if that was completely nonsensical...

Oh, and your icon? Love it!

Darren Hayes, This Delicate Thing We've Made
8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
blessingcurse_calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lissa In that sense we are actually on the same page. Yeah, I do miss all the other basic demons/ghouls/ghosts etc from season 1. But I do love the running storylines. I actually am one of the few who are liking the big plot that S3 is heading (or I might be wrong). You're a Lit major? I was a graduate of Journalism. Now, I see why we both love to see the show more critical. I don't like shows which just gives you everything you predict, I like depths, complexity. Same goes to the characters. If they don't grow, if they just continue to be who they were like seasons ago, they would bore me to death. I know a character from a different show that's like this, but I won't say anything.

But yeah, you do make sense. I get what you mean...

Oh my icon... it is thank you.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Gay and Lissa great insights, and Gay that was a perfect example of why PPL would change the channel

Quote:
So rather then sit through a scene of an annoying character that is only signed on for 12 episodes anyway, it's better to change the channel, not support the show, let it fall in the ratings and get canceled? ..well at least we wouldn't have to put up with Ruby and Bela anymore right?

Quote:
I mean, look away for a minute or something or something if you really can't stand the characters but please leave your tv on the CW to get the ratings going!?
Ok lets not get it twisted, I support the show as why I calmly read my magazine on the Bela parts in DALDOM, as for RSAM I had enough, her existence was absolutely mindless and unnecessary to be the center of the eppy, lets face it S3 is not holding up to S1 and S2, its lacking what hooked us in the first place, demons, monsters, folklore, and J2, (not J and 2 bitches) and if dumping the girls will get our show back to what we love then dump them. Die hard fans or not there is only so much bull you can take, if the show gets canceled that’s on EK why keep forcing characters on us that is obviously not working?

Ruby I can tolerate since her story line fits in with the show, I have never turned the channel nor thought of it when she was on, but Bela I still don’t hear nor see any valid reasons for her being on the show, I have no problem with her being a hardass, but I need a point to it, if she is all this greatness then let us see it and stop with the BS thats pushing us out the door.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I personally love the show just as much this season as I did the previous 2. I'm loving the big overall running storyline. I think we've gotten alot of new depths and layers to the guys and to the storyline which I love.

I'm not a huge fan of Ruby or Bela to be honest, but I don't think they need to be kicked off the show either. Yes, I could watch just Sam/Dean all day long and be happy, but even with all their moving around I think it's realistic to have characters (whether I like them or not) that are involved with them for a period of time. The show is still about the brothers. That is the show and that is the heart. I don't think Ruby or Bela have taken up some insane amount of screen time and made the show any less about that. But, that's just me.

The whole dreamwalking theme in this episode was pretty cool. I really enjoyed it. Though not every part of it totally worked for me or was interesting. But, overall, thumbs up because we definitely got a couple of the best scenes in the series ever.

Dean vs Dean: Hands down the best scene in the ep. Just wow! Talk about intense and honest and raw and full of insight. Jensen once again blew me away. I'm still kind of digesting everything that was said so I don't have any more comments for now.

Sam's dream and then reaction to Bela when she showed up at their room was freaking hilarious. And of course Dean's comments when Sam woke from his dream. Brad Pitt.

Bobby: It was great getting some info. on his past. So sad.

Bobby/Dean

Bela stealing the colt

Dean admitting he doesn't want to die and go to hell. Gah killed me. Loved him saying it out loud and to Sam. But, then the demon Dean flash again. I'm so curious as to where the show is going with all of this.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top