Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

This was an incredible episode! Especially disturbance and gore-wise. It really sicked me out! I was very impressed. The worms!! Scariest thing..I've been having recurring nightmares about worms in food, up until this episode. The images looked almost exactly the same, it's like I predicted it or something. Not even kidding!

I loved Sam and Dean's tender moment and I'm still not one for Ruby, even though they made her seem good at the end. I just find her to be a bit of a phony since she'd been lying to Sam. I'm totally with you, Lauren, I enjoyed seeing Ruby get her ass kicked.

Wonderful episode! I can't wait for the next one!

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Passionate Fan

the writers stepped up their game tonight! the gore, the witches, and the humans turns to demon lore... AMAZING! the brothers, of course, with their moment was always a pleasure to see again.

my dislike for ruby lightened in this ep. yeah, she's a liar liar pants on fire... but i actually really liked her final scene with dean. mostly because the way she fit into the storyline felt just right enough for me. it explained the lore for witches in the SN world, not to mention the reveal to dean that he'll eventually turn into the thing he hates. it'd be easier to hate ruby if she was full-on evil, but she can't shake her past life and i actually felt sad that she couldn't forget being human.
CappieTauLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh okay the whole blood with the teeth getting spit out of the mouth almost had me spewing things out of my mouth also. dear lord these witches are nasty and Supernatural lurved being graphic about it. Teeth in the sink? Holy mother of ew. Boys in the rain? Holy mother of hot. Slitting of ze wrists? Holy mother of ow. And ok this was actually at the end of the episode but Sam washing water over his face and threw his hair almost made me keel over. I may have had to fan myself a little. Oh and hey! Shout out to every rose has it's thorn!

Now since the very first episode I have liked Ruby and tonight I got to see why I lurve her so much. I loved her banter with Dean, then she was all saving his ass, and then their talk at the end? Angsty goodness. I kinda ship Ruby with both the Winchester boys now :x And man I feel so sorry for her. If she's not bs-ing then honestly she's been through...well hell. Her and Dean can bond over the suckness of it all. Poor little witchy Ruby.

And go random witch girl whose name I already forget for helping out in the end! Sure your heart blew up or whatever but ya did good kid, ya did good. Don't get me started on Dean gagging up his insides. That was hard to watch but all in all? I enjoyed tonight...cept for all the parts that made me hurl.

"How come the rabbit always gets screwed?"

"It's called witchcraft shortbus."
"You're the shortbus."
Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eh, I didn't care for this episode much, it had it's moments. Like the Sam and Dean talking and Sam saying he needs to be more like Dean. and of course Dean had his dean like lines, and we were reminded what a movie buff Dean is. Surprised it wasn't Dean eathing the maggots but whatever. LOVED that Marisa Ramirez was playing Tammi! Hee! LOVED Ruby getting her ass kicked...HATED RUBY! Can she go away now? are we suppose to buy her sob story? oh the poor thing. Somebody kill her already and put her out of her misery. (and rid me of mine)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

I loved all the bloody gore factors, teeth falling out, the maggots and the flesh slashing was gross. I so love the way Sam don’t care about killing whatever, if its evil human or not he is down for it. But also sad the reasons he is gun-ho on killing, feeling the need to step up if Dean dies.

This eppy was a lil too much Ruby for my taste but guess it was now her time to shine, saving the day each time, gimme a break, the whole tough girl act is not working, its hard to take her seriously looking like Malibu Barbie. I love Dean so much, he was gonna bust a cap in her and all the funny lines, "black eye skank", "taste like ass", dammit Sam saved her, Oh ya he believe she can save Dean, I knew Ruby was a phony and glad she got her ass whooped. I did not care for the so called bonding between Ruby and Dean at the end, spare me the theatrics. How is it possible for a human to turn demon, thought that only happens when possessed

Anywho it was just okay, not going down as one of my fave's, it had great brother moment, gore, action, classic Dean, loving hopeful protective Sam the way he took off after the witches when Dean was under attack
Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode, even though I did fast forward through the gore parts. I knew about Ruby, actually! It's exactly like I would have done it (I had this kind of story in my head for fanfiction that I never actually wrote down) and I am glad that the whole saving-Dean-from-hell-scam is out of the bag now. Ruby's actual agenda is out now, too, and I think it explains her actions perfectly.

I really loved the brotherly moments as well, especially when they talked about Sam becoming more like Dean...

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Total Fan

Some general thoughts I had on the episode...

* Boys in suits + boys in the rain : HOT!!!

* The blood and the teeth falling out and then the maggots...EWWWWW, GROSS!! Especially the maggots. I'm so glad I ate breakfast before watching the episode!

*Dean's reaction when he saw the rabbit hanging there was soooo funny!
"Why does a rabbit always gets screwed in the deal? That poor little guy." Haha, oh Dean!

* And then when he reports the dead body "My name, yeah sure, my name is..." and he closes the phone. LOL!

* Book of Shadows? I got a very big Charmed moment right there...three witches chanting around that book. I almost expected to see the Halliwell Mansion in the next shot!

*Sam & Dean flashing badges is ALWAYS hot!

*The whole Ruby scene at the car :
Let's just say I'm not much of a fan of the girls in Supernatural so Dean calling her a "black-eyed skank" was...gratifying in some way. Of course Sam is still trying to keep her alive because he thinks she can save Dean. Oh man. If I hadn't seen the end of the episode I'd agree with him and it's the only way I could tolerate her around. But she lied to Sam. That is so...not good! Why is she in this show again?

* The motel scene. Dear lord! DEAAAANNNNN!!!
First there's Sam saying he needs to be more like Dean to survive in this "craphole of a world" without his brother, and then Dean. Ok, I understand that Sam had to look for the hex bag but WTF...Dean was reaching out to him and Sam just left. Left Dean coughing up blood. Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!! That nearly killed me. Couldn't he have just held him for a minute there. (okay, maybe I'm too addicted to brother touchage, I admit).

*Ruby saving Dean? Ugh. That's Sam's job. Sammy, once again, why did you leave your brother?
But Dean's comment "god it was ass. It tasted like ass" was hilarious!

*Another hot thing : Dean and Sam bursting through doors! *sigh* They can come kick in my door anytime.

*Dean mouthing "told you so" to Sam! LOVED it!

*And Dean's face when Ruby said to the demon "I've wanted you for so long". PRICELESS!

*Dean killing the demon. \o/ That was intense. He *really* wanted her dead. Wow.

*Okay, so I didn't like all the Ruby scenes, but she does provide us with a lot of information. Dean can't be saved? WHAT ON EARTH? Aaaaarrrgghhhh!! Kripke, what have you cooked up for us? Dean is eventually going to turn into a demon in hell? Ruby is "different", "not like the others", like some kind of "good demon". Hmmm...we'll see about that.

So, all in all, not my favorite episode, but it has its moments. Bring on next week!!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Good review, Eve

Totally agree with your opinions.
Plus I didn't like the scene in front of the motel in the end. It was TOO long. Too much Ruby-Time. Yes, she told Dean some important stuff but now it's really obvious, that Eric Kripke likes that Ruby-character.

But hell, next week, new episode and the preview was
Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I don't know how I feel about this eppy.
I cenrtainly didn't find it Ruby packed which I do think is good.
I guess it wasn't bad.
There was lots of backstory and I always like that and some moments were prety awesome.
Over all... it was nice, I enjoyed it, but it had problems....
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but it had problems....
Nicely put.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, so, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, as I've just skimmed over the thread, but does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that both Sam and Ruby believe that Sam needs to be more like Dean to survive on his own when, in actuality, Dean's the one who is (or at least believes himself to be) incapable of surviving alone? It's a bit disconcerting, really...

Aside from that, however, can I just say, I love Ruby. Almost as much as Bela. I know, I’m probably alone in that, but I think they’re both a perfect addition to the show. And I seriously hope we see more Dean and Ruby interaction, because the dynamic there was just awesome. Before this episode, I wasn’t really sure about her, ‘cause she kind of annoyed me. Not in an I-want-her-off-the-show kind of way; more of a she’s-seriously-overcompensating-with-this-whole-badass-demon-chick-act… But here, I think we got a little vulnerability with her, and I loved it. And that last scene? It was just amazing.

Overall, I personally think this was one of the best episodes yet. And Jensen was just brilliant... Along with a lot of the camera work. Very impressive. Particularly the shot through the bars in the motel room when Sam says “I don’t have a choice.” That was just perfect. And then when Elizabeth managed to break Tammi’s spell and Dean and Sam fell to ground… I don’t know why exactly, but I just loved that...

Darren Hayes, This Delicate Thing We've Made
8/21/07
www.neonbird.com
blessingcurse_calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Aside from that, however, can I just say, I love Ruby. Almost as much as Bela. I know, I’m probably alone in that, but I think they’re both a perfect addition to the show. And I seriously hope we see more Dean and Ruby interaction, because the dynamic there was just awesome.
Couldn't agree more! : I loved this epsiode i've been looking forward to it for ages and it didn't disappoint! Ruby is so awesome, seriously! And the Dean/Ruby bonding has me all happy it was really nice too see.

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessingcurse_calling (View Post)
Aside from that, however, can I just say, I love Ruby. Almost as much as Bela. I know, I’m probably alone in that, but I think they’re both a perfect addition to the show.
Ur not the only one, i thought i was the only one, i love both of them Bela more than Ruby, but last night Ruby def gained some points!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessingcurse_calling (View Post)
Aside from that, however, can I just say, I love Ruby. Almost as much as Bela. I know, I’m probably alone in that, but I think they’re both a perfect addition to the show.

Overall, I personally think this was one of the best episodes yet. And Jensen was just brilliant... Along with a lot of the camera work. Very impressive. Particularly the shot through the bars in the motel room when Sam says “I don’t have a choice.” That was just perfect. And then when Elizabeth managed to break Tammi’s spell and Dean and Sam fell to ground… I don’t know why exactly, but I just loved that...
in the past few eps, i wasn't really sure about ruby as a character. she had some good lines and a few other things that sort of kept me interested, but nothing solid. plus she would pop up for a minute and then disappear so i was on the fence for the longest time. this episode definitely got me to like ruby a little. don't hurt me for saying it, but i do think the girls are good additions to the show compared to last season with jo [who i really liked and miss, but i did think they could've used her differently]

aside from ruby, i agree with your overall thought. i LOVED the camera work in this episode. everything stepped up: the lore, the gore - - - it was really well done.
CappieTauLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
Nicely put.
Thanks
Having read your thoughts on the eppy though, I do think that we don't agree on what the possible problems are (at least not 100%)
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top