Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Bee--I think Dean's got a real reason for being so flippant about life right now, but if he keeps doing it, it might get really old.

I was wondering about the black hunters, but it was nice to see them on the show, as opposed to none at all.

Ruby didn't bother me either, but we didn't see her doing much, except stalking Sam and weilding her knife.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the new episode was super awesome.

I really think the show is better than ever. I love the new feel of the season. I just love everything about the direction it's going in. I think this is going to be a fantastic season.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I LOVED the episode. I'm new to the SPN thread but, I've been watching the show since day one.

I'm a little upset that fans are reacting SO bad to the characrter of Ruby. She's been on like 5 seconds and people are already critiquing every inch of her. I mean I had hoped fans would be more accepting than that. I hate when people can't accept change. I mean I've been watching since day ONE and I'm ready for something to shake up the show. GIVE these boys some relationships other than each other. I don't want it to take away from their bond but come on, would a long term love interst be so bad? I for one would be thrilled. I know that the new girls may not be love interest but, let's give them a chance.

I loved that she saved Sam. The look on his face was priceless. I think she'll be like the female Dean basically. Which I think will be sooo fun to watch. It may be too soon to tell but the word exchange between her and Sam was nice, I saw a spark. I love the "Who are you?" "I'm the girl who just saved your ass." To me it was a strong start to a strong character and possible a strong relationship. We'll see. But I REALLY just hope people give new characters FAIR chance.

Also as far as the name as starring in the titles. It didn't bother me. Big deal? What does that really mean anyway? WE all know who stars in the show (Dean and Sam), a name and some words are trivial. Plus that's not the actresses fault. Sorry if I sound deffensive I just hate all the negative talk surrounding the new characters and the new season when they havn't been given a fair chance.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel ya DiBye23. I often get upset over the anti-girls sentiment in the SPN fandom. I would love to have some relationships too (probably because I'm not a wincester) but I think you can give the guys other relationships while keeping their bond strong. It just depends on the writing.

I am reserving judgement on the girl until we get to know her a bit better. She only had 1 line so how can you love her or hate her from that? I do not hate on the actors/actresses at all.

I was just a little surprised that the new character was given regular status and Bobby was not.
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
CrystalPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I was just a little surprised that the new character was given regular status and Bobby was not.
EXACTLY! Earn your place in the star status! Not get it in one episode with a blink and you miss it scene. I would have liked it better as a 'also starring' or 'special guest star' not just grouped up with Jensen and Jared right off the bat.

As for Ruby I have no opinion on her this far. Still could love her, still could hate her .
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s

Last edited by Tennessee Whiskey; 10-05-2007 at 08:30 PM
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ruby's character develops because I think it's about time there was a regular female character who WASN'T a love interest. I'm not turning into one of those "all the girls are annoying, leave Dean and Sam alone" kind of fans, I just would like to see a female character given the same sort of story as the boys get, without one of them having to drool all over her *cough*Dean*cough*
Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

I finally watched it!

Okay so far, I'm on the fence about Ruby, I don't like her but I don't dislike her either, Im going to wait until we learn more about here, although the knife thing was cool

Although, I admit I was a little upset that Katie's name was immediately on the starring part after Jensen but Jim Beaver's name wasn't. I thought that at least Jim's should have been there too.

But overall, I like the episode, it was good Not as WOW of a season opener than IMTOD, but a good one nonetheless. ALthough Dean being so flippant about things irritated me a bit because I can see how much it's hurting Sam. The scene in the end was sort of stilted and awkward a bit, but it still is an interesting scene though since Jared and Jensen make it work.

It's interesting to see other hunters, it reminds us that the world is really full of hunters and it's not just Sam, Dean and Bobby. The actress who played Tamara is pretty

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I actually felt more connected to tamara than Ruby. Ruby is just there for now.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not too bad. Heroes premiere last week got me in the mood for this. Like that series, also for Supernatural a new chapter has just started so I wasn't expecting something epic like IMTOD (best season premiere ever *o*) but something more 'quiet', made for catching up with last season and setting up some more premises for this one. And I had it.

The only thing that pissed me off was how fast the got rid of the Sins all together. Damn, they're supposed to be more powerful than that -_-
I LOVED Dean's attitude. Mind, not Dean, because I know he was a jerk to act like that...But it felt right.
Repeating it over and over like he was trying to convince both himself and Sam, and at the end "With all I've done for this family, I think I'm entitled." *_*
Plus, after all the angst of last season it was good to have the old Dean back.
They can save the drama for later (and I'm a sucker for drama, but I don't like when they abuse of it) ^_-
I'd say...A 8/10. Liked it more than the Pilot - at least it made me smile -and less than IMTOD.

Ele
Akira14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Speaking as a new fan of spn, it was very satisfying. It helped me understand what was going. I've only seen one episode of season 2, but I felt like I knew what was going on which I think is important for storytelling purposes.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, better than the pilot? Not for me.
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
CrystalPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't care for it very much. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't all that great, either. No where near the level of the pilot or In My Time of Dying. I just couldn't get involved with it, which is highly un unusual for me. Even the normally perfect Dean and Sam relationship left me rather cold.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

i liked this episode alot actually. just hearing "Hell's Bell's" during the recap made me super excited that SPN was back.

i miss the flamy supernatural logo as well but this one's cool too.
i practically had my mouth open when i saw all that demon smoke heading towards the dude in the beginning. freaky stuff man.
"what's in the box?!" ha ha ha. made me LOL so loud that my dad made fun of me.
not sure what to think about that new girl hunter.... totally want to know why that knife was so special it could kill demons though...

i'm excited for future episodes to come. next week looks freaky man. i'm already scared of possed/evil/demonic kids as it is so.. eek!
Perry Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
EXACTLY! Earn your place in the star status! Not get it in one episode with a blink and you miss it scene. I would have liked it better as a 'also starring' or 'special guest star' not just grouped up with Jensen and Jared right off the bat.
I totally get where people are coming from, I'm just afraid that they are blaming the actress. She doesn't decide if or where her name is in the credits. So, people should be mad at production and editing. Yes, she has to earn her spot on the show but, she had NOTHING to do with the editing.

Anyways, I thought the Sam/Dean dynamin in the episode was good. I mean yes the Dean thing was a little annoying but, i've never been in his position so I'm not gonna' judge. And I did love the line about him not being able to live in a world w/o Sam. I got a little teary eyed
Old 10-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I didn't care for it very much. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't all that great, either. No where near the level of the pilot or In My Time of Dying. I just couldn't get involved with it, which is highly un unusual for me. Even the normally perfect Dean and Sam relationship left me rather cold.
ITA!

Quote:
I totally get where people are coming from, I'm just afraid that they are blaming the actress. She doesn't decide if or where her name is in the credits. So, people should be mad at production and editing. Yes, she has to earn her spot on the show but, she had NOTHING to do with the editing.
Well I can't speak for everybody but I for one really have no opinion one way or the other on the character or the actress at this point. Yes I'm slightly bummed that we are getting newbies, but it might work out, who knows. I didn't care for Bobby when he first came on and now I think he's just as awesome as Dean and Sam.

As for her name in the credits, it all boils down to her contract and her being a regular, but it does help that the other newbie (have no clue what her name is) wasn't in the credits, if they were like Regular, regulars (and I hope that makes sense ) they'd both be listed at all times whether they were in the episode or not, so at least we got that much. *nods* but still think they should be listed differently some how.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread