Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Okay I am a sort of newbie to spn. I finished season 1 and watched 201 then it hit 855pm and I said what the heck watch the premiere now. I wanted to cry. NOOOOOOOO I can't believe Dean did what he did for sam. He's such an awesome brother.

As for the seven deadly sins, totally creepy, but I was riveted. I so need to finish season 2 before next week. This show is like crack. I loved dean's tude about life. How many of you girls wanted to be one of those twins. Plus the whole bit when sam walks in
Old 10-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved the episode so much!! every second of it was amazing!! My favorite scene in the whole episode was the ending scene between Sam and Dean.. It was so well acted and just completely amazing... and this line broke my heart
Spoiler:
I actually didn't find Ruby annoying.. so I think the new girls are going to be ok.. although I did not like the fact that Katie Cassidy's name was right after Jensen's as a starring role, that p**sed me off.. no one should be starring except for the boys.. I wouldn't even like it if Jim was under starring and I love Bobby.. I can't wait until next week!
HalesNLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
New Fan

Hello name's Romada. Been a Lurker for some time around Fan Forum.

Anyway, I've been watching SPN since the beginning and love it! Tonight's eppy was great. There was just one little annoying factor about it that I didn't like...well it's sort of a running theme I sort of noticed about the show.

How come, every singel African American that guess stars on it is either "out to get them", "blood thristy", "Have major tudes" or have the "I/we work alone and don't need yo help" personas?
Romada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romada (View Post)
Hello name's Romada. Been a Lurker for some time around Fan Forum.

Anyway, I've been watching SPN since the beginning and love it! Tonight's eppy was great. There was just one little annoying factor about it that I didn't like...well it's sort of a running theme I sort of noticed about the show.

How come, every singel African American that guess stars on it is either "out to get them", "blood thristy", "Have major tudes" or have the "I/we work alone and don't need yo help" personas?
its called Hollywood...and it ticks me off too.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
Quick question for a mod--can I take my thoughts from this morning out of spoiler tags at this point?
Yup. thanks so much Roz for using the codes.

I think I'm going to be the only one that was Eh about this episode. I think I raised the bar to high, we had such strong episodes at the end of last season, like WIAWSNB and AHBL2 and and season two started out with IMTOD that I expected this episode to be WOW. and it wasn't. It was decent sure, but yeah, eh.

No opinion on Ruby yet, she pissed me off by saving Sam. That's Dean's job! ...Bobby was awesome! ...Dean was kinda annoying (yes I just said that. ) Loved Sammy at the end, I didn't like his I'll let Dean do whatever he wants thing he had going, It was great when he finally called Dean on it. ....but have to admit the brother scene at the end!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
No opinion on Ruby yet, she pissed me off by saving Sam. That's Dean's job! ...Bobby was awesome! ...Dean was kinda annoying (yes I just said that. ) Loved Sammy at the end, I didn't like his I'll let Dean do whatever he wants thing he had going, It was great when he finally called Dean on it. ....but have to admit the brother scene at the end!
I agree with you....Dean was way too smug about himself But I'm sure his attitude will change in the season....poor Sam!
The brother scene at the end was what I had been waiting for
Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Total Fan

I was getting really annoyed with Dean by the end of the ep, and it really takes a lot for that to happen! But I totally understand why he's being like that. I can't wait to see how the whole thing pans out, and hope Dean realises just how much he's hurt Sam by making this deal.

I thought Bobby totally OWNED this ep - he was awesome

But kinda agree with you Bee, it wasn't as good as I'd expected. Some of the dialogue I thought was a bit stilted, and definitely not as good an opener as IMTOD (well, I don't think they'll ever top that anyway). I did love the Sam and Dean scene at the end tho, made me melt

Bring on next week!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Bring it on, bring it on
Ruby didn't bug me as much as I thought she would I kinda liked the fact Sammy got saved by a girl
What kinda knife has she got?! I loved the special-fx and Dean's 'sold my soul, got one year to live' care free attitude.
Even with the seven deadly sins TMS seemed more light hearted
Was it just the iTunes version or did that episode look a hell of lot brighter than the others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
its called Hollywood...and it ticks me off too.
Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2
I thought Bobby totally OWNED this ep - he was awesome
Definitely! We've gotta see him again
Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
This show is like crack.
yes it is
Urban~Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Romada, at least this show features black actors though. A lot of series don't even cast them. I applaud Supernatural for breaking the mold. And I don't think that Jake started off evil or attitude-y, he was made to go there by the YED just like the whities. And I guess you could say that Hendrickson has an attitude but he's a FBI agent tracking who he assumes are mass murderers so I would expect him to have an attitude. Hollywood still has a long way to go but I think Supernatural is doing a great job in trying to break down the barriers. Just casting an African American woman as a love interest for Dean in season 1 was bold in Hollywood terms.

Chandalier, I agree. I think IMTOD is my very fave episode.

On to the new episode: (copying my remarks from the Ackles board over because I'm too lazy to re-type everything)

I found the episode to be very lackluster. When it was done, I looked at my husband and said, "That felt so different." and he said, "Yeah." And we both just kinda sat there for a minute.

The changing of the title from fire to smoke made me feel a little sad. So stupid of me, I know. It makes sense. This is such a new chapter, but I'm such a hard core traditionalist. Therefore, I'm not as much into the other hunters. I mean, I like them here and there but I don't want a big 'ol community. (just like I never liked the other slayers in Buffy's world - that was what made her buffy - she was the chosen ONE) - similar feelings here. The thing about Sam & Dean is that it's always been them cut off from the world.

Anyway, moving onto the episode.... I thought this was a very lackluster beginning. The concept of the seven deadly sins was great but I agree with Marci that it could have been well developed into a two parter. I mean, these are supposed to be some serious big bads and they just kick their asses with holy water and devil's traps in a matter of minutes.

I didn't care for the acting of the married hunters but I thought the death of the man was perfectly gross and awful. And here's what bothered me the most about the episode: Dean making jokes around a woman who just saw her husband drink drain cleaner. I don't think even cavalier Dean who has only a year to live would be that insensitive. The jokes were good but quite inappropriate at the time. (I've been a little upset lately though by Kripke's commentary on the sea. 2 dvds because I don't understand how he & I could have such different perceptions of the same character which he has developed so.....)

Marci, I was hurt by his words to Sam too. I'm still not a huge Sam fan but I did start to like him much more after BUABS and I thought Kripke made Dean a little too rude and insensitive to Sam in the end. I realize that Dean wants to stop Sam from trying to break the deal but....ack.

I will say I loved seeing Bobby in a suit and hatless. And the action and gore was pulled up a notch. Personally I prefer supsense to gore but I do love to see some fighting. The music was good. And Jensen was gorgeous as always. Loved the sex scene.

I noticed that Katie Cassidy has regular status billing and yet Jim Beaver does not. I'm not sure what to make of that yet. I'm just worried about the show changing too much. You don't fix what ain't broke, ya know?

BTW, did anyone else wonder if the dead people on the couch that never moved were an homage to Joss & Serenity???
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
CrystalPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

i gotta love that episode =)
just dean is soo awesome. it was kinda mean when he always says: yeah gotta one year to live, make every second count.
i felt sorry for sam while he was saying that, it hurts him so much and dean kinda makes fun of it all the time
but it was funny too and of course the beginning when dean looks through the window, thumps up
Love the winchesters

JB'S OBSESSED FAN #207
Jason's girl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Total Fan

the beginning was brilliant, we got everything we love the boys for in the space of like 4 minutes. Dean getting it on with the twins, Sam freaking out and being all bookish, pulling pouty bitch faces and then Dean stuffing his face. Marvellous
Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 AM
New Fan

I really liked this episode and thought it was pretty good

the only thing I am not toooo sure on yet is the character that Katie Cassidy plays. I don't know why but I kinda felt she was a little out of place and it didn't really make any sense. But of course that is just me.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode so good to see our boys back The beginning was awesome the new title ! dunno what to think about Ruby yet but I liked the fact that she saves Sam ^^

Bobby in suit he was so awesome in this episode ! Like my Sammy the brotherly moment at the end was so EMO and beautiful !

I need to see it again but it was GOOD !
*Juju* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Total Fan

ooooooooh I saved that icon from LJ too but I couldn't get it to work on here. Said it was too big or something

that Sam quote in your sig is great too. *sniffs*
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Supreme Fan

I thought this was a really great episode and a good way to start of the season. The idea of the 7 deadly sins was an awesome one!

I can see how Dean's attitude can get annoying but I think he's just trying to make himself seem okay with the situation even though he's probably scared some. It would definitely suck knowing you only have a year to live and I think it will definitely be broughten up a lot this season.

I feel bad for Sam...he wants to save his brother so bad but there is nothing he can do. The scene at the end was really great.

Can't wait to see the rest of the season! So glad the show is back!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread