Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

12x23 - "All Along the Watchtower" Episode Dicussion

All Along the Watchtower

May 18th 2017
The CW

EPIC SEASON FINALE – Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) battles Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) for control of his unborn child.

Directed by Robert Singer
Written by Andrew Dabb
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Bee ... Not sure if I'm really anxious to see this one. I'm thinking that it will carry over to next season *sigh* But I'll give it a chance as I like Lucifer better than Mary
Old 05-18-2017, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

of course Lucifer is better than Mary! the episode was something to see...that is for sure. definitely had a different feeling from the first episode! it is always a joy to watch Mark's Lucifer he really is the best one! it was a surprise to see Bobby! i wasn't expecting that! I can't believe that Lucifer killed Rowena....I'm surprised she went out like that. Lucifer doesn't take things laying down! Mary deserves to die...I would love to see it happen! Crowley's death was what it was...not surprising. but I'm happy to be done with the baby storyline! what the hell....what the hell.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was surprised how good these finale two episodes were...I didn't expect much. 12x22 was far better IMO but this one definitely had it's moments.

I loved how giddy Dean was to find out there was angel killing bullets.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, I was hesitant about this episode, yet I found I really liked it

So.... Cas taking care of whats-her-name was sweet. Really it was. But where in the world did that rip come from? That was out of left field
But we got to see Bobby for a scene Loved that, & it shows how the world could have turned out if Mary hadn't made that deal with Azazel & save John & if the boys weren't born. A little eye opening.
The death of Rowena had me feeling very sad. I really liked her. She had spunk & never really knew what she'd do or how she's double cross you. So sad that we didn't get to see her fight *sight*
Which leads me to Crowley. No! Really? He admitted to being tired of dealing with Hell & fighting for his position Then to sacrifice himself ... Gosh, that tore my heart more than I thought. A selfless deed & one he didn't tell them until the end.
I love Mark P & Lucifer, but really didn't care much for his arc this season. I found it interesting the way they got rid of him & Mary :ysy: Rather than killing them off, they are just trapped in an alternate universe. I can deal with that. She's gone.
Then there's Cas. Hmmm, I'm sure he'll be back. He bonded with Jack & his mother by caring for them, protecting them. I'm sure Jack with bring him back...
Leaving us with Jack... He's half grown already? Really? No wonder the mom is dead Sorry, that smile he gave Sam wasn't a good one. I"m guessing that he'll turn Cas against the boys next season & that will be the plot arc, but that's a guess only.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh wow, that ending. That episode. What a clean-up of guest stars! Some probably forever, some maybe until they can be rescued...

A pity we didn't get to see the Rowena actress one last time, it's been quite a while. And Crowley, that he had that in him, but then again, it didn't work (immediately), so it looked pointless?

All the ending was quite a bit...random, lol.

About that smile, yeah, it looked creepy. Oh boy. Part of me wants to believe that evil isn't born, but created, but that doesn't bode well.
GoSpikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Second hour, meh...the only thing memorable to me is seeing Bobby again, Cas dying, Lucifer and Mary trapped hmmm let me think, yeah thats it, but they could have at least showed Rowena, Lucifer twirling that hair weave around was silly
Old 05-21-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hate the Lucifer storyline, always have. Back in S5 and now...just don't like it...but Mark P is so fantastic in the role, that I'm always torn, because while I do hate the storyline, I love watching him be so creepy. He is the sole reason the storyline ever works, even a little bit.

LOVED seeing Bobby again, even if he wasn't 'our' Bobby.

I think the show is jumping the shark a little bit by having an alternate reality, it would have been different if it was angel caused (like the one where they were actors and Jared was polish. ) but this is an actual alternate reality. But it's nice to know Dean and Sam actually truly saved the world...although I don't think the world would have been in trouble if they weren't around...who broke the first seal and the last one?

I'm not counting Rowena dead yet, if Crowley got away, Rowena could have too. But at the same time if they're killing off everybody and starting fresh...I could live with that.

Crowley has sure come a long way.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-22-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

12x23 was boring to me but had some good scenes. I'm sad Crowley died but he went out his on his own terms. I know Cas will be back. I don't see his death as a forever thing. Yay Mary and Lucifer are stuck in the other side AU.Cool we saw AU Bobby and Wow Jack, Lucifer's son is creepy as hell. I hope Jack doesn't hurt Sam with his crappy eyes and smirk.

Last edited by quin0611; 05-23-2017 at 01:12 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Total Fan

I liked the first hour much better, but this episode was good as well quite surprising, after such a horrible season!

First of all, I am really saddened by Crowley's death. He's come a long way and I really liked his character. Similar with Rowena - I didn't like her as much as I liked Crowley, but she was a good asset to the show.

I hope Mary will stay in that alternate universe forever and that the next season won't focus on S&D trying to rescue her! Please let her be gone forever

When it comes to Lucifer - I enjoy Mark's acting, but I think it's high time we got over his plot

I am very happy that the finale ended with the boys alive, together and on the same page (I don't think Jack will hurt Sam, not at this point I think) Now it seems it's only the two of them again (not that it's a bad idea, I love it when it's just the boys against the world, but I will definitely miss some characters, like Crowley and Rowena). When it comes to Cass - he has been iritating me recently, but still I felt a little bit sad when he died, but perhaps he will be rescued somehow.

Oh, and of course BOBBY! Lovely to see him and to hear Carry on My Wayward Son again

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:12 AM
New Fan

Hello, new to this forum.

Some things about this finale and the previous episode appeared to be a bit strange in my opinion.
Crowley's sacrifice was both surprising and somehow expected at the same time, at least him helping the Winchesters and Cas again was expected.
There were some hints in previous episodes that Crowley was looking for something other than just being the King of Hell and it I think it was related to the Winchesters and also to his mother.
While he wasn't really a peach it sometimes seemed as if he was wishing for a twisted kind of family or friendship. He had saved Cas' life two times after all, last time by destroying the Lance of Michael, one of the most powerful weapons that could have been of great use for Crowley. Yet he decided to save Cas.
When Rowena told him how much she hated him after she had killed his son, Crowley seemed to be lost.
Then his constant attempts to make himself valuable to the Winchesters and indeed being of great help...
So I think his sacrifice was in character for him.
However, he made a deal with the Winchesters and promised to seal the Gates of Hell. Since he knew that his plan would demand a life I wonder why he made such a promise, given that a demon has to abide by their deals.
Did he know that there was a plan B, that he might return somehow, or did he simply lie?

Cas stabbing Lucifer without any effect was weird. Luci is an archangel after all, so an angel blade should have done the job. Not to mention that Luci didn't even react when Cas stepped directly towards him with an angel blade in his hand.
And did Cas leave the blade when he returned through the portal or did Luci have his own? Luci stabbed him the second he was through, but what happened before that? Did he fall on the ground and Cas thought that he was dead, then Luci jumped on his feet and ran through the portal before stabbing Cas in the "right" world?
If Cas thought that he had killed Lucifer, he should have seen the light coming from Luci's mouth and eyes. Apparently, it didn't happen, yet Cas just returned through the portal as if everything was alright now.

But then, when Lucifer stabbed Crowley before Crowley possessed the rat, there was no flash of light either, something which should have given Luci a hint. He should have known that Crowley wasn't dead.
The next weird thing was the fact that the demons buried Crowleys body instead of burning it. Why, there was no reason for that? It almost seemed as if it was their intention for Crowley to come back.

And then Ketch locks up the Winchesters together with Bevell.
Why didn't Sam and Dean simply summon Crowley the old fashioned way? He could have freed them easily.
Trying to call Cas with a prayer? There was a time when they got into contact with supernatural beings without using their cellphones.
Why would Ketch even risk that the Winchesters survive? He could have killed them on the spot.

I also wonder why the portal to the other earth didn't close immediately after the spell worked but left enough time for Sam and Dean to escape, for Cas to come in and stab Luci, then for returning, for Luci to step though in order to kill Cas, for a little chat with the Winchesters and then for Mary to punch Luci several times until they fall through the portal.
It seems that the portal closed when Jack was finally born and that the spell had nothing to do with it.

I really hope that there is more to it and that Cas and Crowley aren't actually dead. I would miss them very much because they were the main reason for me to watch.
I sincerely hope that this finale was some kind of "Bobby Ewing under the shower" and only a vision or a bad dream of someone, even though I actually don't like such twists. But here I would be glad if it was.
Coffecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Total Fan

^ You've pointed out some good stuff

I didn't think before of Crowley making that promise to Sam and Dean - was he indeed lying?

And yeah, I noticed that it would be better for Ketch to just shoot S&D on the spot, but then we wouldn't have the tension and a season finale

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:51 AM
New Fan

Just got done watching season twelve Spoilers

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but just wanted to post a few of my thoughts on the finale. I liked it but was kind of bumed that Crowley Cass and Rowena died. Crowley and Cass two of my favorite characters. I like how Sam saw Luicfers baby they could continue with that story obviously. Also awesome seen when Bobby saved Cass. Is there going to be a season thirteen?

Thanks sorry if I shoulve put this in another thread.
Supernaturalfan12588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi and Welcome!

Yes there will be a Season 13 it starts airing October 12th.

(don't worry I'll merge this with the episode thread. )
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread