Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

11X21 - "All in the Family" Episode Discussion

All in the Family
May 4th 2016
The CW

THE WAR CONTINUES – Amara (guest star Emily Swallows) shows Dean (Jensen Ackles) how she’s torturing Lucifer (Misha Collins). Worried for Castiel, Dean and Sam (Jared Padalecki) come up with a plan to rescue him from Amara’s clutches.

Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner

Old 05-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Chris.

I hope this episode is more promising then it sounds.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely a slow one tonight! It was good to see Kevin though!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ That was a plus.

I also like the first scene between Dean/Sam/Chuck. ....but other then that, yup pretty freaken slow. The newbie is likable.

Oh and I also liked that Chuck somehow blocked Amara from Dean's thoughts because if she figures out what's holding Dean back is Sammy...bye bye Sammy.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I like the fact that they are finally moving the storyarc forward & absolutely loved the bro moments, though most of it was Sam giving Dean "that" look But it was a very Dean centric episode, which I will never say no too Kevin was a huge surprise and it was great we now know that he's moved on. Also, almost felt bad when Metatron took one for the team
But what's up with another prophet? & an old man at that?? He didn't really serve too much of a purpose except lead them to Lucifer...guess that's how they would use him But we'd been there, done that breaking Kevin in as a prophet. We don't really want to do that again.

Just 2 more episodes...wonder what kind of cliff hanger they will leave us with
Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I like the fact that they are finally moving the storyarc forward & absolutely loved the bro moments, though most of it was Sam giving Dean "that" look But it was a very Dean centric episode, which I will never say no too Kevin was a huge surprise and it was great we now know that he's moved on. Also, almost felt bad when Metatron took one for the team
But what's up with another prophet? & an old man at that?? He didn't really serve too much of a purpose except lead them to Lucifer...guess that's how they would use him But we'd been there, done that breaking Kevin in as a prophet. We don't really want to do that again.

Just 2 more episodes...wonder what kind of cliff hanger they will leave us with
Old 05-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't think it was a Dean centric episode at all. I felt both brothers were pushed to the side to focus on...once again...heaven's freaken family drama. The only family drama I want to see on SPN is Winchester family drama.

Yes we got Dean/Amara stuff, but we also had Sam/Metatron/Donatello/Lucifer so that balanced out.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

As with last week's episode I wish the identity of God was never revealed. It's disappointing for this superior, exciting power that's been spoken of since season four downgraded to behaving like just another human. Sam carrying Lucifer is adorable (weirdly enough... given their history.) Please let season 11 be the end of religious plots.

Still missing Castiel.

Last edited by Confetti!It'sAParade; 05-12-2016 at 05:57 AM
Confetti!It'sAParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I agree about the god/religious stuff. Just last week I was saying that I don't mind the way they write 'Chuck' because it's what they need to do to tell their story...however I don't think they need to make god such a douche either.

This whole God/Amara being brats and stomping their foot, pouting like big babies is just plain stupid. From a fan standpoint why do we even care? No matter what side of fandom you fall in, this storyline is not doing you any favors. Cas fans? They're not getting any Cas. Dean fans? Yeah watching him get brain mojo'd by a bully is so much fun! Sam fans, they get to watch Sam be the cause of all the trouble again...again fun times! The only remotely good thing to come out of this storyline is the brothers finding their relationship again...and even that isn't because of this storyline, it's more to do with MoC and Sam losing Dean last season. It's such a mess...I'm going to cry if this flows into next season.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-12-2016, 06:30 AM
New Fan

Geesh, I have not watched yet but the posts here are depressing. I am watching it today and then I can chime in.
CarryOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Total Fan

I liked the episode, now as good as the last one, but still ok

It was great to see Kevin again! The best thing in this episode was Dean telling Sam about his visions of Amara and what happened during his meeting with her - he didn't try to hide anything That's the brothers' relationship I love

The new prophet was hilarious I wish we see more of him in the next episodes! Only two left now...

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I overall found this episode was boring and slow. I'm so not into the Amara storyline she is lame and just wants to absorb Dean! Over it!!! I hope this storyline ends soon. I found this be a Dean centric episode as well. I wish they would have never told us Chuck was God too because now he just looks like a jerk who doesn't care.

I did feel bad for Dean when he cried to God and Metaron died just as they redeemed him. Sam looked hot driving the Impala!

Last edited by quin0611; 05-13-2016 at 04:34 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Oh my word I have not been here in forever!! Hi yall! I have spent the past few weeks binge watching the past seasons because I have not watched in the past few years.

But all caught up now and I totally agree with the concensus of this board that the last episode was pretty dull. It all went downhill after Dean's great scene calling out Chuck.

Overall season 11 has been pretty decent and it's nice to be back on the Supernatural bandwagon.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:53 AM
New Fan

At least Amara knew how to handle Metatron. As soon as he starts talking, blast him. That was refreshing.

Curtis Armstrong did an excellent job as Metatron. What an excellent role. I always was pleased to see him in an episode.
Mayhem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer* (View Post)
Oh my word I have not been here in forever!! Hi yall! I have spent the past few weeks binge watching the past seasons because I have not watched in the past few years.

But all caught up now and I totally agree with the concensus of this board that the last episode was pretty dull. It all went downhill after Dean's great scene calling out Chuck.

Overall season 11 has been pretty decent and it's nice to be back on the Supernatural bandwagon.
Hi Kristen! I also haven't posted here for a while, but season 11 brought me back

I also don't care about Amara, but hopefully she will be defeated very soon

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top