Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2016, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

11x14 "The Vessel" Episode Discussion

The Vessel
February 17th 2016
The CW
LUCIFER (AS CASTIEL) SENDS DEAN BACK IN TIME – Hoping to find a weapon powerful enough to defeat Amara (guest star Emily Swallow), Dean (Jensen Ackles) convinces “Castiel,” (Misha Collins) who is still Lucifer, to send him back in time to the last reported sighting of the Hand of God. Lucifer sees the potential in getting his hands on this weapon so goes along as Castiel and sends Dean to 1944 to the fated submarine mission that sunk the Hand of God. Meanwhile, continuing his charade with Sam (Jared Padalecki) while they wait for Dean’s return, Lucifer plans his next move.

Directed by John Badham
Written by Robert Berens

Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Bee

Back to the main plot...hmmm, wonder how it will all pan out.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt Bee! Yes I wonder how this episode will pan out too!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All the time travel episodes! Just another bizarre Supernatural opening! Sam is adorable with the research! Castiel as Lucifer. Castiel/Lucifer has Crowley locked up! I like Castiel better when he’s Lucifer Feeling bad for Crowley actually! So sad that Dean has to be the one that has to go and Sam has to stay. What in the world? We need Dean to be Ok! Dean! Dean is on a mission from the future!! They don’t want to believe him! So many questions about the future! Lots of stuff going on with the ship! Bobby mention! Omg Sam! Sam knows that Castiel is Lucifer now! Poor Sam she thought that she killed him and she didn’t…..didn’t burn the body…that’s lesson number one! Dean is back! And now Dean knows the truth too! They don’t need you Castiel…nope! The hand of god didn’t work! Castiel/Lucifer is gone! Dean is not ready to talk about what happened! Interesting episode….slow in some parts.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to this episode after reading Lauren's comments. Can't see it til tomorrow though
Old 02-17-2016, 11:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was laughing along with Lucifer when Sam was willing to give his soul unnecessarily. I didn't understand a few things though, like did Lucifer purposefully desert Dean? If so why bother trying so hard to get back? And what was the point of the woman (sorry missed her name) using the Hand of God? What is the Hand of God? Is part of Sam's soul gone now? I'm liking Lucifer over Castiel, since Castiel had become so dull but Lucifer's good or evil intentions are confusing... when he first returned he was seemingly at peace, he's bored in hell, he's trying to kill Amara (all good side) he wants to kill Sam and Dean, but all he has to do is click his fingers... so what's his deal?
Old 02-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confetti!It'sAParade (View Post)
I was laughing along with Lucifer when Sam was willing to give his soul unnecessarily. I didn't understand a few things though, like did Lucifer purposefully desert Dean? If so why bother trying so hard to get back? And what was the point of the woman (sorry missed her name) using the Hand of God? What is the Hand of God? Is part of Sam's soul gone now? I'm liking Lucifer over Castiel, since Castiel had become so dull but Lucifer's good or evil intentions are confusing... when he first returned he was seemingly at peace, he's bored in hell, he's trying to kill Amara (all good side) he wants to kill Sam and Dean, but all he has to do is click his fingers... so what's his deal?
Lucifer didn't purposely leave Dean. If you noticed his Cas suit was wet because when he got to the sub it was warded so I guess he was stuck in the ocean until he could change his plans and go back to the bunker.

I think she (Dauphine or Delphine I forget) used the HOG (hand of god) because the Germans were supernaturally strong and would have gotten the HOG from them and they had to protect it. They said the HOG was a piece of the arc of the covenant. I think there are a lot more HOGs around but where is the question. I understood they explained it as being something touched by God..

Last edited by Myfaketvboyfriend; 02-18-2016 at 12:06 PM Reason: uh typos
Myfaketvboyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

^ thanks for clearing that up cause I was certainly confused on some things, over all I didn't really care for it which mostly have to do with how the characters are portrayed.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:57 PM
New Fan

A little off subject but why it is when I sign in the posts are out of order? The introduction post is now at the bottom instead of the top. It was in order until I logged in....oh and the video doesn't work. Apparently the user that uploaded got his or her account suspended?

I thought it was a good show. I always enjoy their leaps back in time. It sounded like the hand of God caused the sub to explode from the inside out there...from what Sam told Dean at the very end. I was a little fuzzy on that part.

I am glad the boys finally realize what is going on with Castiel...if he was smart, he could have gone on for sometime being their buddy and possibly finding out all sorts of things he Lucifer, shouldn't know but his bad nature always gets the better of him....which is good for the guys. One thing anyway is they at least now know they are on to something in regards to finding things touched by God they can use against the darkness. In a show years ago I remember an angle going around collecting things like that on earth and storing them some place...can't remember now if they were taking them to Heaven so they wouldn't fall into the wrong hands or if this was one of the bad angels wanting to use them for themselves...
Wallcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

As to why it shows older posts first, it could be a setting. The top left corner of the thread shows "view first unread" (above the advertisements). Not sure what that is, but I've never played with it. And yes, it appears that particular preview got blocked, sorry.

The episode was good. It wasn't as "edge of seat"action packed, but I'm glad Cas' true identity is out. And poor Crowley. Yep, you heard me, but I'm sure there will be hell to pay when he get back his throne.
And yay, Cas wouldn't let Lucifer harm Sam. This should be really interesting as the bros try to fight the Darkness & Lucifer.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcloud (View Post)
A little off subject but why it is when I sign in the posts are out of order? The introduction post is now at the bottom instead of the top. It was in order until I logged in....oh and the video doesn't work. Apparently the user that uploaded got his or her account suspended?
I'll go check on youtube for a preview that is working, sorry about that.

As for how the threads are showing up, go to your user CP (Top left corner), once there click "Edit Options" (Left side), scroll down until you find "Thread Display Options" and you want to pick "Linder-Oldest First" and save settings, that should get things 'normal' for you when you're logged in.

--------
About the episode...

It wasn't an awful episode...but It's not going down on my list of favorites of the season either.

Good points....

- Dean as a sailor.
- Sammy being protective.
- Sammy being worried.
- Sammy wammying Lucifer out of the bunker
- um...that's about it.

Bad points....
- Cas/Casifer...whatever...don't know, don't care!
- puppy Crowley? Really?
- hand of god wasted on a sub that is going to sink anyway?
- CASIFER (I felt the need to stress how much I'm hating that storyline!)

Now that the boys know Lucifer is out...can we get Mark back? I'm disliking the acting choices Misha is doing with the role (and that's the nicest way I can put it). It's really not the role for him.

Plus I'm pissed at Cas, am I suppose to forgive him because he was strong enough to save Sam? Um NO! He wouldn't have had to save Sam if he wasn't busy pouting because he was a third wheel and expendable! but because his nose was bent out of shape he went and said yes to Lucifer without doing his homework! He believed that Lucifer was telling the truth? That he was the only way to defeat Amara? yeah, take his word on that! Lucifer is always going to be in the cage! you leave, make absolutely sure he's the only way then go back for him, not just jump in and say yes! He undid everything the boys did locking him up in the first place!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

I wasn't the best episode of the season, but it was ok I'm glad the boys know the truth about Cass/Lucifer. I loved Sam being protective and worried I liked the ending, what a nice scenery

And poor Crowley! Lately I have come to like him... I keep my fingers crossed that he will overpower Lucifer!

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely ready for the old, scheming Crowley back. The one that always had an agenda & manipulated the boys into doing his dirty work. I miss that Crowley.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I miss that Crowley too. I don't need the boys to have a demon bestie...I need them to have a demon enemy, like the good old days.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
I'm definitely ready for the old, scheming Crowley back. The one that always had an agenda & manipulated the boys into doing his dirty work. I miss that Crowley.
Yes! Please bring this Crowley back

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread