Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

11x10 - "The Devil in the Details" Episode Discussion Thread

“The Devil in the Details”
January 20, 2016 9pm EST The CW

LUCIFER MAKES SAM AN OFFER — Now that he has Sam (Jared Padalecki) in the cage with him, Lucifer (guest star Mark Pellegrino) offers Sam a way out but it comes with a steep price. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) look into the angel smiting that could have killed Amara (guest star Emily Swallow).
Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb

Last edited by magikhands1; 01-18-2016 at 09:29 PM
magikhands1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread.

Excited...yet scared for this epi...so much angst ahead.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So happy the show is back! It’s Christmas time…a little late but still Christmas! Lucifer as Santa it was dream..a very strange dream! Stay in your lane Lucifer! Rowena and Lucifer? I’d ship it. Dean!! Crowley’s voicemail! Young teenage Sam! Crowley! Darn you!! Oh look Adam….oh well. All Sam’s memories! Jensen singing! Enough of you Lucifer and no one wants to see Amelia! Lucifer does know what he’s talking about when it comes to Sam/Dean! Dean is in hell. Oh great Amara is back. Not! Poisoned the tea! Love it! I’m nervous for Sam! he said “no” I hope that it is forever! Omg! Sam!! Dean and Castiel are with Sam and Lucifer. Lucifer is gone! They are all out of Hell! Lucifer as Castiel? Interesting! Omg! He snapped her neck…plot twist! Great episode!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt and omg good episode! Wow Sam & Lucifer had intense scenes!

Omg poor Sam! had it rough this episode! I love how Sam and Dean were there for each other and held each other in the cage! Damn I had a feeling Lucifer would possess Cas! Damn Rowena got killed just after she had that powerful scene with Crowley! I wonder what will happen next and how long it will take for Sam and Dean to figure out Lucifer is in Cas!

Last edited by quin0611; 01-21-2016 at 01:14 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow! I knew this episode would have something good in it...but so much?
Hmmm, where to start... I liked it, I really did.
The whole Christmas dream was hilarious
Sam & Lucifer's trip down memory lane was great. I LOVED seeing Colin again!!! He's growing up
But the best part was Sam's faith in his brother AND standing up to Lucifer (posting gifs from this episode in those threads).
I love Dean & him singing Camptown song was so cute. This episode wasn't so much centered on him,but looking forward to his talk with Sam about his relationship with Amara... Oh, and the scene with Dean puking Yeah, that could have been taken out. Being sensitive to even just the sound turned my stomach sour. I had to stop eating my popcorn
Cas, the ever vigilant friend. I love him, & loved that he's finally got a story-worthy arc. But there are questions as to how long Lucifer can last in Cas' body. I know that vessel is something special, but as special as Sam? I hope they don't bypass that detail. But loved how Misha really took to Lucifer's persona. Should be interesting.
I'm looking forward to seeing where this story line takes us and if Lucifer really can stop the darkness.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

ROWENA IS DEAD!

Cas ****ed up again...GO AWAY ALREADY!

The expendable line? Priceless!

"Don't worry about Sam." "Oh I'm sorry, have you met me?"

Billy is another one who can go away.

COLIN! He's not going to be able to play wee!Sam for much longer

Dean/Sam constantly by each others side in the cage.

I liked the new angel.

Oooh and Luci's little dance! Adorable!

Have I yay'd yet about Rowena being dead?

All in all, very good episode, it had me on the edge of my seat even though you knew nothing would happen to Dean/Sam. I enjoyed it, it was loaded with brother moments.

I just hope the rest of the season is still about saving he world and not about saving Cas, he made his own bed let him sleep in it. Who does he think he is, Sam? He should have known better and had faith in the Winchesters.

Jensen & Jared were great as always, Jared has really gotten impressive with the emotional scenes.

Mark P as always super intense ...if we're going to have Luci around why not just keep him! Especially with Misha's acting choices of how to play him...didn't care for them at all.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly don't know how I feel about Cass saying yes to Lucifier... how can he say yes? He already has a host in his body.. that's what I was confused about.. Does that mean that Cass left and now it's just Lucifier?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no clue! because Jimmy's dead by now, so it's an empty meat suit with Cas in it...I'm going to go ahead and assume two can be in there at once, but can one be an angel and the other an arc angel...especially when said arc angel's true host is only Sam? Which again makes no sense because Dean was suppose to be Michael's only host yet Adam worked. This storyline is making no sense, somebody needs to hit the reset button.

AND WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY SAVE ADAM!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 01-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

And where is Michael during all of this???
I agree with the entire Lucifer can be in Cas' body. But then he was in that other dude's body as he searched for Sam, so I wonder if this is just going to be temporary & Cas' body start to break down.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Total Fan

I really, really loved this episode! I had a feeling it would be good, I looked forward to it and the result exceeded my expectations. I think this episode is the best of this season(right after Baby!).

First of all, I absolutely LOVED the brothers moments we got! Seriously, Sam and Dean were apart for almost the whole episode, yet we got many great scenes, e.g. Sam saying that he has faith in his brother. And that voicemail Sam has on his mobile? I loved how Dean went to hell without hesitation and the way the brothers stuck together in the cage.

I like the direction this season is going: it's not angst between Sam and Dean, but general angst concerning the world with the brothers at each other's back. And that's the Supernatural I love! I missed it SO much in some previous seasons.

I have never liked Rowena, however I must say that her speech to Crowley at the end of the episode kind of made me feel sorry for her. I won't say that I'm devastated by her death, but still...

All in all, great episode and I am excited for the new one

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Total Fan

Sorry, double post...

Aga

Liia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this was a totally rcazy episode i loved it sooo much, dont think i have been WOOOOOOOOOOOWED some time, and now it was the time

i still cant stop laughing about the last scene with Cas well lucifer whatever, hahahahaahahahhaahahhahahaha it was kind of hilarious, Misha is soooo awesome, must be kind of having a split personality or something
Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I can tell that isnt Misha friendly place but ,

First they have made it very clear that Jimmy is in heaven and that god mad Castiel new body. I would think that this body has no bounds , and like all possions the person is still in there body so yes castiel is still there,

Sam let out the darkness , castiel let out someone who could defeat her.

Misha rocked lucifer and I cant wait to see more.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHockey (View Post)
I can tell that isnt Misha friendly place but ,
Actually both Misha and Cas get a lot of support around here, always has. I use to be one of those people, but my opinions have changed over time. However we welcome any and all opinions here, please don't let anybody sway you from not posting your opinion.

Respectable debate has always been one of the reasons why I love this board.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am still surprised that they killed Rowena off. She was annoying and won't really be missed but it was still a shock to me.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top