Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
Loved Sam's speech about how they need to change or their mistakes would keep happening...duh, been like that for the past 10 years But I'm glad it's been brought up. Sam should have looked in the closet before locking himself in So he's infected...not immune like Croatoan...Looking forward to what comes next.
Oh, I know right. It's like too little, too late. Sam always has his regrets speech with Dean when the ****s already hit the fan. Atleast Dean automatically goes into commando mode. I thought when those townspeople didn't kill Sam, it's because they knew he was one of them now, OR, it'd be cool if Sam was their leader because he introduced the darkness. His plan to try and save them was really badly thought out. Maybe he plans to fight off the darkness by pretending to be one of them? This episode definitely introduced a lot of unknown questions. The mention of Lucifer was exciting. If he is re-introduced I hope Mark Pellegrino portrays him. On a side note, Dean looked really hot in that jacket
Confetti!It'sAParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
Loved Sam's speech about how they need to change or their mistakes would keep happening...duh, been like that for the past 10 years But I'm glad it's been brought up. Sam should have looked in the closet before locking himself in So he's infected...not immune like Croatoan...Looking forward to what comes next.
Oh, I know right. It's like too little, too late. Sam always has his regrets speech with Dean when the ****s already hit the fan. Atleast Dean (who looked really hot in that jacket) automatically goes into commando mode. I thought when those townspeople didn't kill Sam, it's because they knew he was one of them now, OR, it'd be cool if Sam was their leader because he introduced the darkness. His plan to try and save them was really badly thought out. Maybe he plans to fight off the darkness by pretending to be one of them? Definitely a lot of unknown questions. The mention of Lucifer was exciting. If he is re-introduced I hope Mark Pellegrino portrays him.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry, Didn't mean to double post. I didn't realize the first one posted. Please delete.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

the episode was a big disappointment for me. I had to watch it with the volume low cause the baby was sleeping, but I have no intentions to rewatch the bits I couldn't hear. Even though the storyline is supposed to be new, the elements don't feel like it. It's like I've seen it all before.
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

We turned the cable off since they were overcharging and providing less than half of the channels they promised but we bought a converter box so we could still get basic channels like The CW which always aired regardless of cable. And the channel got great on Tuesday for iZombie but then didn't even appear on Wednesday for Supernatural. SO I DIDN'T GET TO WATCH THE SUPERNATURAL SEASON 11 PREMIERE. I was going to record it. I was going to livetweet it. I was going to help the Nielsen ratings. I was going to rewatch it a dozen or more times before next week's episode. Now I'm trying to watch it on The CW phone app but I can only get it to play the audio for the full episode. Which is really ironic giving the season is about The Darkness. All I see is a black screen.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Aww that sux
Old 10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

All I know about the episode I learned from the livetweets of Supernatural fans.

Dean making a Magic Mike reference. Do you think he watched it in the theatre or alone in his bedroom?

I really hope that in the s11 gag reel, Jared & Jensen pretend to be strippers and start dancing and taking off their clothes after that Magic Mike line.

I am glad that Crowley being pansexual is now canonically confirmed instead of just "everybody knows" like Dean's sexual orientation.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

you gotta love Crowley
Old 10-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Crowley is too funny
Old 10-09-2015, 07:10 PM
New Fan

"Rabid" theories from S11E01

This post relates to S11E01 "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire."

All observations are drawn from the "Rabids" (Sam quote) as portrayed in that episode only.

Conclusion #1: Unlike the Croatoan virus, the "Rabids" die on their own within a short time frame, estimates between 12-24 hours. Motivated individuals can resist the effects.
- Evidence A: Mike, the father in the hospital, takes 3-4 hours to show the black-vein signs. Since it is afternoon when the boys notice the vein marks and night by the time Mike dies, the "Rabid" "shelf life" is no more than twenty-four hours. This is an over-estimate but since no quantitative times are revealed during the episode, I am erring on the longer term.
- Potential problem: Since Mike resists/fights the Darkness within, he dies faster than normal? If resistance does not affect time, his case is normal.
- Evidence B: The construction crew man in the hospital attacking the door that dropped dead was infected when the darkness was released (early morning? The sun was up after a nightly vigil with Death) but died before the sun set. Perhaps giving into the Darkness corrodes the vessel faster than resistance since the evil is processed?

- Additional Note: The nurse that infects Sam would have been exposed about the same time as Mike. Since she was killed, her time table is not helpful.

Conclusion#2: "Rabids" retain some memory and functionality after infection.
- Evidence A: The most obvious evidence of this is Mike who is able to speak. "Amara. Her name is Amara."
- Evidence B: The "Rabids" that arrive at the hospital drive there. The jeep is not wrecked and runs fine with working headlights. Five Rabids arrive at the hospital, but only three chase Sam. Could this be an indication of scouting parties to cover more ground? If so, Rabids are capable of strategy.
- Unknown - "Rabids" have a hive mind like other monsters (Supernatural Season 6 with Alphas like the Father Vampire). Remember that the Darkness predates Eve and monsters so the similarity would not be linked. Perhaps the Darkness can control specific groups at will.

Conclusion#3: "Rabids" have a high stimulus response to sound.
- Evidence A: The construction worker attacking Mike and Amara's door hear's Sam.
- Evidence B: Sam shouting "Hey" is enough to get the attention of Rabids.
- Potential Problem: The infected nurse does not leave the closet to attack the Winchesters before other Rabids arrive.

-Additional Note: The lead woman Rabid smells/senses Sam's contamination. This could indicated heightened senses overall, but at least indicates self-identification of Darkened individuals.

Conclusion#4: One Rabid is always left at the scene of a massacre. These could be individuals that take longer to act on symptoms, or it could show that Rabids expect humans to investigate an area of silence.
- Evidence A: The construction crew attacks a residential area and a hospital, but one Rabid is still there when the Winchesters arrive.
- Evidence B: The hospital is abandoned*** except for one nurse who wandered the closet.
*** Mike and Amara are being attacked. Other than infection/murder that is underway, no one else is seen in the hospital.

Summary
1) Infected individuals (Rabids) can resist to some extent - Mike
2) Rabids are cognizant enough for basic memory, functionality, and "motor" skills (pun!)
3) Rabids have heightened senses.
4) Rabids live 12-24 hours and try to kill or infect while alive

Last edited by Galbotorix78; 10-09-2015 at 07:11 PM Reason: Grammar
Galbotorix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
We turned the cable off since they were overcharging and providing less than half of the channels they promised but we bought a converter box so we could still get basic channels like The CW which always aired regardless of cable. And the channel got great on Tuesday for iZombie but then didn't even appear on Wednesday for Supernatural. SO I DIDN'T GET TO WATCH THE SUPERNATURAL SEASON 11 PREMIERE. I was going to record it. I was going to livetweet it. I was going to help the Nielsen ratings. I was going to rewatch it a dozen or more times before next week's episode. Now I'm trying to watch it on The CW phone app but I can only get it to play the audio for the full episode. Which is really ironic giving the season is about The Darkness. All I see is a black screen.
It's available online. Watch SUPERNATURAL Season 11 Episode 1 Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire online free
Old 10-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

the CW website as well as the CW app for phones/tablets plays the episode the following day, so maybe that will be an option

And very interesting views/observations about those infected. Thanks
Old 10-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thank you Galbotorix78, your conclusions are very helpful.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

The CW app finally worked on my phone and I watched the episode last night!

The mist that surrounded Dean & Amara looked so amazing. It has switched on my research girl mode. Time to open up my theology and physics and mythology books to analyze The Darkness.

The actor that played baby Amara's dad looks familiar. What have I seen him in?

People are already comparing Dean/Amara to Jacob/Renesmee. ha ha

While I think that actress that played the deputy did a great job, it seems a bit soon to have brought her back as a different character. It always throws me when an actor returns in another role. I mean, we are sci-fi fans that notice the tiniest detail, we're gonna notice that it is the exact same body.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved 11x1! Great episode! I'm curious about what The
Darkness & her bond with Dean. POOR Sam & Cas! Crowley as a woman!

Sam needs to find a cure stat! I need 11x2 stat!