Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

10X08: "Hibbing 911" Episode Discussion Thread

“Hibbing 911”
December 2nd, 9/8c, CW

“JODY MILLS RETURNS — Jody Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) reluctantly attends a mandatory sheriff’s retreat and is partnered with an overeager sheriff named Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster) who wants to bond. Just as Jody thinks things can’t get any worse, a body with just strings of meat and skin hanging off the bones is discovered. While the local sheriffs blame an animal attack, Jody knows better and calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles).

Tim Andrew directed this episode with teleplay by Jenny Klein and story by Jenny Klein & Phil Sgriccia.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Chris!

Sounds like a stand alone leading up to the mid season finale.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt Chris! Excited for the episode!
Old 12-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay, Jody !!!
And the blondie cop, I liked her too, she was sweet and fun (and heartbreaking because I totally get what she was confessing)

My artist page : Kat Stribog
Kat Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Chris! Awesome that we're going to see Jody again!

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for Jody in the previously on Supernatural part!! Woah…crazy opening! Jody! She’s so not happy to be there! Sam and Dean! That sounds suspicious…about the body! That body really was eaten clean!! Crazy! Woah…sucked into the dumpster! Love Jody…she’s so honest! Another dead body? Sam/Dean in suits! “you guys know my stalker?” “I made it at kinko’s….” this episode is to much…Jody telling Doug the truth! Donna is not happy! Sad flashback…Donna seeing what she saw…crazy!! Sunblock… Vampire! Jod/Donna and Sam/Dean working together! Poor Sam! And Dean! Ok…enough of this chick! The beheading…that was insane! That was awesome Donna! Dean feeling like Dean again! Good episode…I enjoyed it!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Is Dean really going back to the lying to Sam thing.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was alright! Their were some funny moments! It was great seeing girl power but too Winchester bros light for me though! We needed to see more Sam & Dean! I agree no more lies between the bros please! The pacing of the episode was slow!

Last edited by quin0611; 12-05-2014 at 09:37 PM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

I thought Hibbing was some weird sex thing until they mentioned it was the town name. Then I got the the reference; 'Reno 911'. I loved that show. So funny. And actually there were many funny, amusing moments in this episode (and I could not unsee Sheriff Mills as Wiegel from Reno 911. It was the hair. ).

I had many inane questions while watching this episode. Could be be because, as said above, the episode felt kind of slow with lulls every so often. So, does every law enforcement have one of those out of state retreats? And do all the cops in shows hate these retreats? (X-Files and CSI come to mind.) Is Officer Donna from Minnesota? She has an interesting accent. Do vampires (even sullen teenage ones) have the ability to get high? I don't watch any of the vampire shows so I don't know.

I also had many moments of enjoyment. I appreciated Jody Mills calling out Donna's jackass ex-husband and her showing concern for Dean. But hippie/gypsy vampires? Yeah, I think Demon Pimp still tops that. You know, it'd be interesting if they brought back Deputy Kathleen from 'The Benders'. Yes, all the way in season 1. I saw the episode on TNT a few hours before this episode and I got nostalgic. But then I remember how they brought back Sarah who's also from season 1... ooohhh Sarah! You would've been sooo good for Sammy!

In summation, grizzled Sheriff Jody Mills and bubbly officer Donna Hanscum worked pretty darn good. I was hesitant last week but those ladies impressed me (especially Donna). They're classic buddy cops with opposite temperaments who work together. If there's gotta be a Supernatural spinoff, I'd prefer it star those two women. Then Supernatural will finally have two female main characters who don't die.

Meanwhile Looks like Castiel's coming back. I bet the CasDean girls will like that. Looks like the mark of Cain is also coming back. I bet the blood-loving sadists will like that. I know *I* will!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

I was bored with this ep but was great to see sheriff Jodi
Old 12-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey, so my friend and I are doing reviews for this season of Supernatural and I thought that I would share our review on here if you want to see it. We didn't have a whole lot to say about the episode, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyway.

http://youtu.be/W3Ym_gGVDwQ

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

classictvfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode. I didn't notice it was slow, I even found it much more dynamic then the first three of the season
(sorry, but I really hate the first three, for me they never happened )

It was great to see Jody, I hope we'll see her again in the future

And I really like Donna ! I enjoyed her in the previous episode, and got to like her a lot more in this one
Maybe it's because she reminds me of my own story (father of my daughter left me for some skinny co-worker after 6 years of life together, because I wasn't shaped as top-model after the childbirth. He was an abusive jerk anyway, so good luck to his new victim). So I want her to get happy, and beautiful, and strong Go go Donna !

There were some funny moments, and I liked Jody & Donna interactions, and Jody telling that bastard what he needed to hear And Winchesters reaction to Donna, and the story, and the Mark reminding it's still there.

I liked it all, maybe not the best episode, but it was a nice one

My artist page : Kat Stribog
Kat Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved the team-up with Sam and Dean and Jody and Donna.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Jody & Donna are the bomb!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

this was a really great episode because it had both Jodi and Donna I love Jodi but Donna isn't too bad either.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread