Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

10x05: "Fan Fiction" Episode Discussion Thread (200th Episode)

"Fan Fiction"
November 11, 2014

SUPERNATURAL CELEBRATES ITS 200TH EPISODE — When Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate the disappearance of a teacher, they are stunned to see the school is putting on a musical based on their lives. Familiar faces abound in this milestone episode.

Written by Robbie Thompson, directed by Phil Sgriccia.

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Fla I can't wait for this episode
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Tomorrow night!!!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt excited for the episode tonight!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so excited for the episode!

av
Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ve been excited for this episode! Loved the “Then” part! Samulet! There is lots of truth in the show! All the openings!! Love the title…might be the best ever! Dean! And Baby!! “We got work to do…” and he throws the gun in the trunk!! Perfection!! Sam was a theater kid! This is already the best episode ever! Dean is not happy at this play at all! Fanfiction!! Gross…destiel mention. A scarecrow!! The play is going on! Dean giving good advice!! The ghostfacers thing!! Who wouldn’t go see this play? Seriously! These songs are the best! Guy putting on the poncho they loved it! She thought that Sam would make a good Dean! the samulet is back!!! Adam mention…lol..they didn’t know who he was!! Chuck!!!!! That episode was beyond perfection…loved it so much!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So much great stuff in this ep tonight. Loved how he told the girls to step back when they were to close
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Computer opening… Awesome!!!
Marie is a bit …um, pushy?!
Okay, maybe that teacher deserved to be snatched after saying all of that about “Supernatural”
OMG, the Supernatural opening looks like our title Survivor
Dean & Baby reunited again And Sam looks like he just work up. Love the hair and the single layer guys
“Sam, out there hunting, that’s the only normal I know. We’ve got work to do.” Fangirl sqeel & did you see Sam’s hair flip into his eye

Funny moments:
Dean teasing Sam about drama Then their expressions seeing the girls practices “Idjits” “Hey, Assbutt” & a song about their lives Fake Sam & Dean practicing their badge holding – “There’s no singing in “Supernatural” then Sam’s look – Andrew “Floyd” Webber crap – “I’m gonna need 50 jello shots & a hose down to get this stink off me” – Sam, ever the mediator – “I’m gonna throw up” then Sam loving the idea of the play – The B.M. scene “The Bowel-Movement scene?” – “Why are they standing so close together? Reasons. You know they are brothers right? Duh, but subtext.” Dean’s reaction – Telling a Winchester not to touch anything?? – “And then Dean becomes a woman” Dean’s reaction – “Sam hit a dog” Never live it down – “That is the worst Fan fiction I’ve ever heard” LOL - Dean learns what Destiel is - Dea-stiel? Sastiel? Samstiel? Casdean? – “And you guys are way too old to be Sam & Dean” “More of a Rufus/Bobby Combo – “Say it one more time, but with a little more Arnold.” – “I kinda hate the Meta stories.” “Me too” – “Stand as close as she wants you to and I want you to put as much sub into that text as you possibly can” - Ghoooost – facers – Manly sheen? – A single man tear – “No chick flick moments” – To Sam “If you cut your hair a little, you’d make a pretty great Dean” – “I don’t need a symbol to remind me how I feel about my brother. Just take it. Jerk. Bitch” Their expressions – “Who’s that? Oh, that’s Adam. John Winchester’s other kid. He’s still trapped in the cage in hell with Lucifer” Guilt trip anyone –

Squeel or Aaaawww or Feels moments:
Dean to Marie “Take a bow, Sammy.” - “The two of us against the world. What she said” - Expressions during the “Carry on my wayward son” song – Dean hanging the ‘samulet’ on his mirror & Sma’s small grin - And then the epic ending… CHUCK!!!
Supernatural has everything - life death, redemption, resurrection, but most of all… Family --- Amen, sister!

Marie is a Sam-Girl - I so don’t get the robot - Catchy tunes. Cas’ song, Dean’s song, Single tear song –I really like that Sam … both Sams … killed the Monster of the Week. Dean still hasn’t killed since he was cured

I truly enjoyed this episode. It spoke to me… that the cast & crew & writers are very aware of us fans. And yes, we can be a bit odd & eccentric (really a robot? Tenticles?) , and especially us fan fic writers that like to put our own little twist & ship to it But they acknowledge the role we play in keeping the universe alive and how the show keeps snagging new fans each year. I believe Robbie Thompson did a great job with this “Meta” story. Made me laugh, smile, deal with the feels, & yes, cry (a single man tear )
Old 11-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved and thought it was a funny episode! I really loved all the bro moments! The play was cute and the songs were good too!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Apparently the songs are supposed to be available on iTunes today
Old 11-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was such a funny and cute episode I loved every bit of it. Great episode for 200, it's been a while since I watched a whole episode but this one was a wonderful surprise.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

I absolutely loved the episode, it really did feel like a love letter to the fans and the fandom. 200 episodes have been such a great ride with the show.

I laughed so hard when Dean was recapping seasons 6-9 in short sentences, it did sound like fan fiction and when Marie told him that it was the worst fanfiction she's heard

The Samulet! And when Dean told Marie he didn't need the amulet to know how he feels about his brother and Sam's "what she said"
. This episode has been filled with awesome brother moments.

The laughs, so damn funny and the easter eggs they put for us in there. The songs are so catchy too it's been stuck in my head since yesterday!

av
Old 11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the episode was perfect. It sort of poked fun at the seriousness of Supernatural without losing any of the history. I'm kind of sad that the real Cas wasn't in this episode, but the girl made good effort. The history of SPN was there and it was classic!

I haven't laughed so hard at an episode of SPN in a very long time.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

"I kind of hate the meta stories." "Me too." Normally I'd agree but I'll make an exception for this episode. First and foremost, Two hundred episodes! WOW! From the moment it started I knew we were in for something special. I loved "Then" and how they used all their title sequences (including the X-Files one )

I don't know about everyone else but many of the scenes with the All Girl's school play were equal parts funny and embarrassing. In fact, that's how I feel about most of the episode. Perhaps more hardcore fangirls will feel more strongly but just cuz I understood the ribbing they did at the fans, didn't mean I didn't cringe and groan good-naturedly in embarrassment. But even though some parts had me nervously giggling, more scenes had me genuinely snorting. I don't want this to be pages long but I do want to highlight the good and the few less-than-good points.

Dean's reactions to all his slashy ships were spot on, from Sam and Dean standing too close to the whole "Destial" thing (and now I know how it's pronounced but I like Sam's suggestion of "Casdean" and shall henceforth refer to that ship as such. ) But more than Dean's looks, what I really loved was Sam's lackadaisical approach (and I agree with Sam; where's the Sastiel? ) Besides poking fun at shipper fangirls, I appreciated the writers taking jabs at their own storyline post season 5 (so many bad memories of Yoga and veterinarian girlfriends... blech.)

For the finer details I enjoyed: the director being a Sam Girl (ahahaha! This is like an inverse of what seems to be true online!) backstage "Ghostfacers" cheer. And they mentioned the Samulet! By that specific name! (I feel like the more vocal fans at the cons have given them all these specific terms that felt so weird coming from the show. ) Also, Adam mention (even I forgot about that poor kid). And Dean's inspirational speeches based on pop culture. (First Braveheart, then Rent? And Dean calls Sam a theater geek. Hah.)

As for the lesser things, well I appreciate the symbolism of Dean taking the prop amulet but hanging it on the car mirror like a pine tree... I dunno. I guess that's it. No reason to bring the real thing back That's our closure. But what bugged the most is the monster. It wasn't a tulpa or a fugly scarecrow, it's a Greek muse. Look, I love Greek/Roman mythology (hence my name) but I'm tiring of SPN using my beloved gods/deities for their monsters of the week. Most of the Greek/Roman pantheon aren't monsters who can easily be killed with some sacred stake. They're a-holes at the worst. (I won't even mention the specific, peaceful, hearth-tending deity they warped in that virgin episode last season... ) /end rant.

According to the promos, they watched this episode with fans so I'll have to look up those clips. Probably later when I get some SPN withdrawal or something. Maybe the holidays. Anyways, overall, I really enjoyed this episode. Every musical with vaguely homoerotic subtext and fangirly devotion should end with a scarecrow exploding goo at the audience. Also, SURPRISE CARVER EDLUND FINALE! I can't wait to see (and use) gifs from this episode in the near future!

♫ Carry on my wayward son... ♫
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup the songs are now on iTunes! I love reading everyones reviews!