Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes that Dean and Sam hammering moment at yhe door was so a Shining moment! Perfect!

Yes I loved all the pics too!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
Yes that Dean and Sam hammering moment at yhe door was so a Shining moment! Perfect!

Yes I loved all the pics too!
Loved the WHOLE HIDE AND SEEK Moments
Jaredina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Stribog (View Post)
I found that once again the writers didn't do anything with the plot they started before magically resolve all the problems in few minutes.
Quote:
I really like Mark, he's a great actor, but Crowley was there doing nothing besides give Castiel few more months to live without any reason (ok, he wants Dean cured/killed, and maybe he have some plans on reclaiming the "favor" from Cas later, but it seem to lack real purpose to me, other then bringing back two popular characters). And what was all that pathetic ruling of the Hell ? I agree with that demon, Crowley make a ridiculous king as he's now.
And Castiel, he was completely useless once again, with no emotions of seeing Sam again, or Dean as a demon, or reuniting with Dean once he's cured. I was expecting to see him worry, happy, angry, afraid... anything, but not this "friendly neighbor" attitude.
I agree with these points and it's nice to see someone else voice it (so I don't have to sound so negative about it). This show has some good moments and some bad. Of course since it's been on for so long, it's not as great and impactful as it's first or second season. Even with all this, I still enjoyed the main plot, which is Sam and Dean. Forget Castiel's B-plot road trip and Crowley's bureaucratic hell C-plot. It's always been about Sam and Dean for me BUT I give credit to Crowley for having the bollocks to to kill an angel and giving Castiel a power boost. And also Castiel and Hannah continue to make me smile. Nice to see a burgeoning relationship that involves a woman who isn't necessarily trying to get in the dude's pants.

So, yeah. Sam and Dean were the best part of this episode. I was surprised this was directed by Jensen but glad for him. Though I wonder if Jared will ever step up. Even if it's just once to see what it's like. When Dean was talking about them not being so different, I thought he'd bring up Sam's "demon blood" past. But then we get a flashback of Sam making a guy sell his soul and I was like, "meh". But then they tied that soul-seller to the dirtbag Demon Dean beat up and I was, like "nice" because I appreciate continuity.

Loved Demon Dean's taunting and Sam's refusal to give in. I can't believe Sam has to handcuff Dean to get a long conversation like this. Oh wait, yes I can. Of course the conversations were the appetizers for the slow chase "main course". Dean walking around the bunker, hunting Sam with the hammer had a horror movie feel to it. (Got me in the Halloween mood). BTW, the photos in Dean's room = d'awwww (I wonder who took some of them. Kevin? Bobby? Crew members? )

And we end with Castiel's last-minute save (which is the only thing I appreciate he did in this whole episode). Also, I was surprised Dean turned back to normal. I legitimately thought Dean was faking it and at the end we'd see him with black eyes. I was telling my brother, thinking surely they wouldn't give us just a measly three episodes of demonic Dean. But no. An angel hug and a few blood injections got rid of the demonic ills. Wow. I'm both happy for Sam and disappointed for us. Even Soulless Sam lasted for longer than three episodes.

And next episode, despite the flashes of vampires or werewolves or whatever (and forest ranger outfits) I dunno. After this episode it just doesn't measure up. And since it's the week of Halloween, I guess I was hoping it'd be more... Halloween-ish? I'll still watch the Monster of the Week, though.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe it will be a Monster of the week Werewolves, just one we already know. But I like that they get to dress up in something other than suits/feds I miss those days too
Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And also Castiel and Hannah continue to make me smile. Nice to see a burgeoning relationship that involves a woman who isn't necessarily trying to get in the dude's pants.
Well, she tried, but he wasn't interested
But I agree, I find she have a good potential, and I'm starting to like her despite her mistakes (she's learning, who doesn't make them while learning ?). She can be a great character, but I think she must indeed develop on her own way, not as someone's love interest. She can always fall in love later, when we'll get to know her and she gains strength on her own, and in that case, the first choice (Castiel) isn't the best, because he's the only choice around and he's the mentor, but he's not the one she needs. It's like the high school, we fall for the pretty boy, the only available one or the friendly teacher, but it's not the one we date few years later

Quote:
Maybe it will be a Monster of the week Werewolves, just one we already know. But I like that they get to dress up in something other than suits/feds I miss those days too
Me too, it would be really nice to see Team Free Will go on the hunt again, and it will be very Halloween-ish also !

My artist page : Kat Stribog
Kat Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread