Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
I'm sure you've probably seen her in Mean Girls. She played Janice. The goth girl who was friends with the gay guy
Nope. Never saw Mean Girls. Now I have a reason to go rent the movie!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

yeah you should rent it. it's a pretty good movie. I like it because Rachel McAdams is in it

Old 05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Unrelated exactly, but I made my sister watch Related last weekend. And we're into like the second episode when she goes..."You know, that girl sounds like Kat from The Class." She had a hard time grasping it was the same person. Then a few episodes later she was like, "She always plays the sarcastic girl, huh."
Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Lizzy definitely puts her sarcastic personality into every character. I wonder if she does it on purpose. I'd like to see her play a part that's not sarcastic. That would be so weird

Old 06-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Her early roles are not at all sarcastic. Like if you watch her on Freaks and Geeks or Smallville or her earlier television appearances. She's still good, but it's funny to watch at first.

I think more of what happens is at the beginning casting agents are casting unknown actors for a role. So if you get the role you have no choice, but to act the role as written.

But then as you become known, you are seen by Hollywood as a type. Mean Girls was sort of her breakout and from there she was cast knowing she plays a certain type well. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the scripts she gets are all similar types of characters.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

She's type cast as the saracatic girl now. I hope she can break that at some point.

I have the F&G dvds I should rewatch them.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
She's type cast as the saracatic girl now. I hope she can break that at some point.

I have the F&G dvds I should rewatch them.
You know ... she is typecast in a way. I can't figure in a non-sarcastic role now.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think she can, but she'd probably have to fight for those parts at this point. It was also part of the reason why she said she resisted the role of Kat at first, because she thought it was too similar to Janis.

Marjee was sarcastic, but I think in some ways she was very different than Kat and/or Janis.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya (View Post)
I think she can, but she'd probably have to fight for those parts at this point. It was also part of the reason why she said she resisted the role of Kat at first, because she thought it was too similar to Janis.

Marjee was sarcastic, but I think in some ways she was very different than Kat and/or Janis.
Marjee was definitely different. Very unique but always lovable. And she was quite aware of her flaws. Kat was harder, IMO, to warm up to at first.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kat was a bit darker and more prickly than Marjee. Unlike Marjee though, I don't think she was supposed to be the family screw up. If anything Kat seemed to take the protective older sister role.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

That's true. Kat had a bit of Ginnie in her. All of her characters lately are saractic but they are also different. Even Janice was different from Marjee and Kat.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Loyal Fan

In addition to Mean Girls, Lizzy's other film credits include Orange County, the MTV movie Everbody's Doing It, and independent films Love is the Drug and Crashing.

I haven't seen Orange County yet, but her role in Everybody's Doing It was very opposite from her type. At first it was a bit weird for me to watch. She basically played the only normal rational character in a sea of characters who were to the comical and outrageous extreme.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Love is the Drug yet, but that apparently was also very different from her normal sarcastic characters. It was a more dramatic role. She got great reviews for it though.

Crashing seemed very similar to type for her IMO. Sarcastic ****ty character, though very smart. LOL!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

True. Wonder if she knows they actually play "Everybody's Doing It" in high school sex ed classes. LOL. Well, I don't know if they still do. But definitely a different type. She is sort of the nice normal every girl in that.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya (View Post)
True. Wonder if she knows they actually play "Everybody's Doing It" in high school sex ed classes. LOL. Well, I don't know if they still do. But definitely a different type. She is sort of the nice normal every girl in that.
LOL! Do they really? I didn't know that.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

We've been quite for a few days now ..... What do we think Marjee would be doing right now if Related were still on the air?