Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Episode III - "Dinner Date With Death" (10/3/05)

Possible Spoilers:

Episode Three: Dinner Date With Death
30 mins.
Monday, 8:30PM, FOX

Jack's mentor, Chef Bernard (John Larroquette), arrives at Nolita with a radical request for Jack to feed him to death.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Feed him to death???
Old 10-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, really.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Em, do you know where to watch the preview?
Feed him to death? Errr.... a comedy suddenly turns into a horrid one?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Lets hope Kitchen Confidential doesn't take a turn to the dark side. But it still sounds pretty amusing.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
Old 10-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think Jack will be able to talk him out of this eating-himself-to-death thing. It's John Larroquette, so I think it'll be pretty funny. I'm still cracking up over the last episode. Hey, it will be good to find out more about Jack before his rockstar chef days too. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow, there was some slashiness in how Jim became the dishwasher's bitch, and when he was bent over to tie his shoe, it looked naughty! He looked freaky without eyebrows. I liked the feud with the hot dog guy, and how Steve tried to threaten him away.

I also liked John Larroquette in this, and how he tried to talk Jack over to the dark side, only to choke on a hot dog outside.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I kinda predicted that ending half way through.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, I saw him choking on that hot dog the minute they started taking bets. I honestly have never seen a hot dog vendor at night in Manhattan...maybe because I wasn't looking for one.
Oh, and I wasn't surprised at all when Steven came out of the bathroom stall with a woman. That she was Mrs. Goldfarb was a little more shocking. The look Jack gave him was hilarious.

I'm really glad Jack didn't drink the wine. I would have been oh so disappointed if he had. I think it's cute that he goes to bars and drinks Dasani. It was cool to hear that Suz had been part of his rehabilitation (I would love to see her come back at some point).

I didn't laugh as much with this one as I did the second ep. It was still good though. Sucks that we don't get a new ep next week. I think we're getting back-to-back episodes of Prison Break (according to TVGuide) and with the playoffs coming up the show may be preempted for a while.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Wow, uh, I must not have been paying attention during this episode. I totally didn't realise that Jack's mentor died by choking on the hot dog. I thought he just like, died.

Even though Jack didn't technically drink the wine, he still was about to which really sucks.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

It definitely sucks that the wine was in his mouth at all. It seemed as though he was totally fine with not drinking and proud of that, considering he was just telling Gerard the benefits of his rehabilitation. Gerard shouldn't have been able to bully him into backsliding.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Absolute Fan

But Jack is human, and prone to weakness. Also, Gerard already had enough influence on him to make him willingly try to kill him with food for however long it was before Jack changed his mind.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Right I have finally caught up and just watched "Dinner Date with Death" my initial thoughts were that it was good but just not as good as the second episode {I mean Jack didnt take his top off once }

I really adore Steven he is just sooooo funny, Jack and him work really well together, I like that friendship. Seth, Tanya and especially Mimi really need more to do other than the whole "eye candy" thing so Im really looking forward to those characters being fleshed out more.

I cant believe that there is no new episode for 4 weeks whats that all about???
Old 10-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, i agree about seeing some of the other castmembers (such as Seth) feature storylines of their own. And we should hopefully have a whole Season to view it.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy_Chick
Right I have finally caught up and just watched "Dinner Date with Death" my initial thoughts were that it was good but just not as good as the second episode {I mean Jack didnt take his top off once }

I really adore Steven he is just sooooo funny, Jack and him work really well together, I like that friendship. Seth, Tanya and especially Mimi really need more to do other than the whole "eye candy" thing so Im really looking forward to those characters being fleshed out more.

I cant believe that there is no new episode for 4 weeks whats that all about???
Yeah, bummer, no shirtless Bradley this time.

I agree, I like Steven and Jack's interaction with one another and they are very funny together. And I also agree with the other characters being more exposed.

It really does suck about not getting new episodes for a while. It's because of Baseball.