Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

My absolute favorite band is Gomez, yet NO ONE seems to know them. They are Brit rock with heavy Blues and Funk influences. If you don't know them check them out. Their song most likely to be know (in the States anyway) would be "We haven't turned around" which was the track playing in Roswell the first time Max and Liz kiss at the end of the episode Heatwave. This is where I first heard them. I loved the song which appears on their Liquid Skin release, so I checked out other stuff. They are awesome!!! I love all three of their full length releases, Bring it On, Liquid Skin, and In Our Gun. The EP Machismo is excellent also, but not the best introduction, because it's short. The only one I would rate as good rather than phenomenal is Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline, but I still like it. Check out their website with listing for the forth coming North American tour at http://www.gomez.co.uk/ and their older flash site with much more info on the band http://www.gomez.co.uk/flash.asp?goto= You won't regret getting to know Gomez.

Other faves but not well know artists include:
Joesph Arthur
Ivy
Wilco
Los Lonely Boys
Richard Ashcroft
Rhett Miller
Telepopmusik
Maktub
Beth Orton
Old 01-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Yellowcard and Wilco, I don't think they're that "underground" anymore. Wasn't Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot critically anticipated or something? And then there's Guster, who should've been broken out with their Lost and Gone Forever CD.

I was going through iTunes and found a Biffy Clyro song I'd downloaded. Pretty good.
Ken Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryssi:
<STRONG>Portishead</STRONG>
Cause nobody loves me,
It's true,
Not like you do.

Chris
algernonsidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by algernonsidney:
<STRONG>Cause nobody loves me,
It's true,
Not like you do.
</STRONG>
Hehe! Good song, good song. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Great album, actually. No -- awesome band. There ya go. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Kryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

if these would be considered underground:

tegan and sara
piebald
metric
Mynois16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mynois16:
<STRONG>tegan and sara</STRONG>
MMM I lurves me some tee & ess. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img] God bless MTV2 for actually playing their videos. Most. Adorable. Twins. Ever. I swear if it were possible to die of, like, a cuteness overload, it would be me...in the TV den...watching their video for Living Room. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

Ah hope ah neverr figure out who broke yer heart, and if ah do, if I doooooooo...

...what? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

definitely guster, and wheat (who toured with guster)... you can find their websites pretty easily with google or also check awarestore.com for lots of info and clips of their stuff... um... teitur.... and matt nathanson (very john mayer-like).... that's all i can think of right now. hmmm... howie day, though he is getting pretty well known.... yeah, that's all i got! i'm curious as to what your final reviews are gonna be (:
Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Creeper Lagoon
The Format
Billy Talent
Old 01-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

The only seldom heard of Artist that I can think of has been mentioned, Poe. She is the best and kicks serious ass!

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited freak42gether ]
Old 01-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
MMM I lurves me some tee & ess. God bless MTV2 for actually playing their videos. Most. Adorable. Twins. Ever. I swear if it were possible to die of, like, a cuteness overload, it would be me...in the TV den...watching their video for Living Room.
They're sooo awesome. I haven't seen any of their videos on MTV2 yet. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] What and what time do you tend to see them on?
Mynois16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Well it's been different every time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I remember seeing I Hear Noises in the afternoon, and once I saw Monday Monday Monday in the evening. Most recently I saw Living Room (by FAR the cutest [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] ) at like 2am.
Reply   Post New Thread