Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And they should come to Athens! I guess they aren't big enough yet. I saw them at this small outdoor venue with about 1,000 people, maybe. They're still an under rated band, of sorts, I guess.
Yes please And they are totally under rated. Worst musicians are famous in my country and when I say I like the Strokes people look at me as if I'm from another planet

Quote:
Dude, Juju looks amazing in that photo. I love the long hair, the sunglasses and the pose. I might drool all over my keyboard if I don't look away.
He's still got it. Did you see those legs?

ETA: That's from the Strokes' first interview.

Quote:
The first punch is throw 30 seconds into The Strokes' first NME photo session. Their five skinny, leather-clad frames are milling about on a street corner in the heart of Manhattan's Lower East Side, when someone yells out: "Hey mother*****ers, you're blocking the whole sidewalk."

Everyone turns around. There are three kids in hoods, obviously wired up on something, facing the band. A few seconds earlier, they randomly tried to attack a school bus driving down the street. Now they're staring at us, so guitarist Nick Valensi opts for a spot of diplomacy. He flicks them his middle finger and mutters, "***** you, man".

Everything happens at once. A fist swings through the air and catches him in the chest. Drummer Fabrizio Moretti and singer Julian Casablancas enter the fray immediately, quickly joined by bassist Nikolai Fraiture and guitarist Albert Hammond. There's shoving and stray punches fly all over the place. Fabrizio catches one square between his shoulders. People strolling down the sidewalk grind to a halt and form a ring around the scuffle. Before anyone's had time to work out what's happening, police sirens blare out, and the NYPD hits the scene.

Then the pandemonium really breaks out. Everyone starts shouting and swearing and jabbing their fingers into each other. The police pull the two groups apart and, after quizzing a handful of passers-by, decide that The Strokes are the injured party. Do they want to press charges? Nick, rubbing his jaw, sighs, "Forget it. I just want to get some ice." The melee breaks up, and the band head off down the street. Julian turns to NME and smiles, "Welcome to New York..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the one where the guitarist makes solo album because he believes that he's the real talent in the band? 'Solo album!' chokes out Hammond, as the rest of the bus collapse in laughter at the idiocy of the suggestion. 'You know what my solo album would be like? It would sound just like The Strokes, because it would be like "Hey Julian! Do you want to sing on my album? Fab, would you play drums. Nikolai, is bass OK? Nick, how about playing some guitar? 'Cos I don't know any other musicians.
The first part is love and so is the second (if you don't know that Hammy has done solo albums.)

Last edited by Iris; 07-21-2008 at 12:33 PM
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh my gosh, I remember reading that second part in my Rolling Stone last year when Hammy put out his first solo effort. It's so ironically brilliant.

And the first part is so NY. One reason I will never live there. People are seriously wired 24/7. But can you imagine getting into a fight with The Strokes? Dude! Or witnessing it? I'd be like "Don't hit Juju! He's too pretty!"

And Juju's legs in that photo were to die for. Thud worthy, really. His pose still gets me. So flexible. That's sexy as hell.

Where I'm from (Virginia) people also have no clue who The Strokes are. Even at the show I went to, people were just there. They didn't know who they were. People kept asking me cause I was singing every word and dancing around like a fool. It was kind of obvious I knew who they were. I was like "It's the effin Strokes man! The Strokes! Hello!" I was such an annoying fangirl. And when they played 'Someday" dude, I almost broke my hip.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs (View Post)
Oh my gosh, I remember reading that second part in my Rolling Stone last year when Hammy put out his first solo effort. It's so ironically brilliant.

And the first part is so NY. One reason I will never live there. People are seriously wired 24/7. But can you imagine getting into a fight with The Strokes? Dude! Or witnessing it? I'd be like "Don't hit Juju! He's too pretty!"

And Juju's legs in that photo were to die for. Thud worthy, really. His pose still gets me. So flexible. That's sexy as hell.

Where I'm from (Virginia) people also have no clue who The Strokes are. Even at the show I went to, people were just there. They didn't know who they were. People kept asking me cause I was singing every word and dancing around like a fool. It was kind of obvious I knew who they were. I was like "It's the effin Strokes man! The Strokes! Hello!" I was such an annoying fangirl. And when they played 'Someday" dude, I almost broke my hip.
Oh the irony...

He should stop getting into fights. He might damage his pretty face.

I've got nothing to say about the legs really

They were at a Strokes' show and they DIDN'T know who they were??? That's so unfair. I might never get to see them live and the people that did, had no clue about them Life's so unfair.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Loyal Fan

And without his pretty face, the Strokes would have to break up It's all about his hotness.

Yes, I know! I feel so bad telling you that people paid 12 dollars who had no clue who the Strokes were and you, the hardest of the hardcore, might never get to see them. Life is really unfair that way. But I come from an area that, tickets are so cheap, people just go to the shows for something to do. 90% of the time, I am one of the few people that know and like the band.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs (View Post)
And without his pretty face, the Strokes would have to break up It's all about his hotness.

Yes, I know! I feel so bad telling you that people paid 12 dollars who had no clue who the Strokes were and you, the hardest of the hardcore, might never get to see them. Life is really unfair that way. But I come from an area that, tickets are so cheap, people just go to the shows for something to do. 90% of the time, I am one of the few people that know and like the band.

And thanks for the compliment But only 12 dollars? I'm moving to US that's it.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Woohoo! The Strokes are one of my favorite bands. Oasis is, of course, my favorite, but The Strokes rate in my top three...after Oasis and The Clash. I have two band stickers on the back of my car...one for Oasis and the other for The Strokes. I plan on getting a couple more for The Clash and The Verve...and perhaps Pink Floyd too. I got to the boys in concert a couple years back, and then I saw Albert when he was promoting his solo album.

Can I please be added to the list?

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.

Last edited by Cloudburst2000; 07-31-2008 at 05:33 PM
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

I just came back from an EYP Session, I was gone for 6 days.
I will add you
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Albert Hammond, Jr.: 'New Strokes album for 2009'
Guitarist admits they need to make one next year

Albert Hammond, Jr. has declared that The Strokes need to record a new album in 2009.

He added that the public will think the band have broken up if they do not meet that deadline, having not released an album since 'First Impressions Of Earth' in January 2006.

Speaking to Teletext's Planet Sound, Hammond, Jr. said: "If we don't make a Strokes record before that, people will think that's the end of us.

"Nothing's set, but we're definitely figuring out something to do for 2009."

The guitarist's second solo album 'Como Te Llama' was released on July 7.

NME, July 10, 2008
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay! We just have to wait a year guys. We can make it! Maybe.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think we can. I mean we waited 2 years already...one more is not going to hurt.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Any The Strokes fans still out there?

Have you heard Little Joy? I love it!! I'm also very excited for Jules album!!!

( the first post by the way)
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

NEW STROKES SINGLE
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for posting love it!! can i be added to the list? thanks

omg they performed at cocachella 2011 sunday!! i wish i was there! but i had fun watching the live stream on youtube!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Absolute Fan

What are your thoughts on the new album?
icon credit: AlwaysCB | Tumblr| Sandy
AbsyntheMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

add me pls.
Reply   Post New Thread