Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Bumping this thread. We're still in the lead!
Sara Bareilles(talking about grammys) - I maintain my story that Bono tried to throw his sunglasses to me because I was the only one effing standing up watching U2! But he's not a very good shot because he went right over my head to the two bitches behind me, but oh well.
javajunkie4eva88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie4eva88 (View Post)
I'm seeing them this Saturday at The Palace in Auburn Hills, Michigan(Detroit). Did you bring a camera when you went? I want to but I don't know if they're allowed. I mean, obviously people bring them because of all of the videos on YT but I'm just wondering if I have to sneak it in.

And I of course love all of their singles, too. I love Holler because it's so different from their norm but still awesome.
yes they allow cameras your going to have soo much fun!!!
Bunny #219 <3
at least you're a dedicated bitch... says the dedicated ****.
Bella21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella21 (View Post)
yes they allow cameras your going to have soo much fun!!!
I know I am! It's less than 24 hours now.

Did you see anyone famous(besides the SG, obviously) at the show you went to? I've read a lot of stories from people talking about celebrities being there.
Sara Bareilles(talking about grammys) - I maintain my story that Bono tried to throw his sunglasses to me because I was the only one effing standing up watching U2! But he's not a very good shot because he went right over my head to the two bitches behind me, but oh well.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

awww i want to go see them too
kristinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

The concert was amazing!! I am sooo tired but I wanted to tell you guys how it went. Very loud, very entertaining, just amazing. At one point, someone actually walked right past me and my cousin with Emma's baby boy, Beau, and then later someone walked by with Mel B's baby, Angel, and finally all three of Victoria's boys walked by us. They were all soo adorable. I'm so sad it's over, though, and I hope they plan another concert in at least a couple of years.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sounds like you had great time
kristinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

cool

i went to see them a very long time ago
haykris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Passionate Fan

I did have a great time. I'm really sad it's over. lol

haykris, what do you mean by a long time ago? Like, the first time they were big(1996-1998) or like in December?

BTW, they are all so much prettier in person. They all glow and have the cutest facial expressions, especially Emma IMO.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie4eva88 (View Post)
The concert was amazing!! I am sooo tired but I wanted to tell you guys how it went. Very loud, very entertaining, just amazing. At one point, someone actually walked right past me and my cousin with Emma's baby boy, Beau, and then later someone walked by with Mel B's baby, Angel, and finally all three of Victoria's boys walked by us. They were all soo adorable. I'm so sad it's over, though, and I hope they plan another concert in at least a couple of years.
Sounds like you had a blast!! when i went victoria's sons were there and i saw mel B's daughter
ITA they are really pretty in real life
Bunny #219 <3
Old 02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG! I saw them on Friday at the United Center. It was AMAZING! I ****ing loved it!
retro physical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy <3 (View Post)
OMG! I saw them on Friday at the United Center. It was AMAZING! I ****ing loved it!
You saw them a day before I did! Weren't they incredible? It was the best concert I've ever been to, by far.

It was actually kind of funny because my cousin came with me and she's a casual fan, and I'm like a totally crazy, obsessed fan( ) and I've seen bits and pieces of the concert on YT so I knew everything that was going to happen so I kept telling her before each song what was going on. I was like, "Next they're singing Viva forever, and in the middle they do this cool dance, and then sing the rest of the song!" And then she was like, "What?!" because it was so loud in there you couldn't hear a thing(which was good bc I was singing REALLY loud) and then I was like, "Nevermind, you'll see in a minute!". That happened probably about 5 times. Haha.

And there was some cute exchanges between the girls on stage. At one point, for some reason, the 2 Mels kind of laid on-top of eachother(lol) and then Victoria was like, "I think it's fine that they're lesbians." just being funny, and then Mel B said, "You want me." and there was giggling and Emma said, "I don't." and then the rest is in my siggy. It was sooo funny. You can actually watch it here if you want.

I tell some of the other cute stories later. Chrissy <3 and/or Bella21(or anyone else who went), do you have any cute stories from when you went?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You saw them a day before I did! Weren't they incredible? It was the best concert I've ever been to, by far.
Oh same! I was the best concert ever!

The atmosphere and everything was just so amazing. Everyone was going crazy; singing and yelling. I seriously, couldn't hear or talk for like, two days.

Quote:
And there was some cute exchanges between the girls on stage. At one point, for some reason, the 2 Mels kind of laid on-top of eachother(lol) and then Victoria was like, "I think it's fine that they're lesbians." just being funny, and then Mel B said, "You want me." and there was giggling and Emma said, "I don't." and then the rest is in my siggy. It was sooo funny. You can actually watch it here if you want.
That's so funny.

At the concert at I was at, when they were singing, I can't even remember what song, Mel B messed up a lyric or something and she just started laughing and said, "Sorry!" I thought it was cute.

Oh, and I thought it was adorable when they all brought their kids up on stage!

Edit - I found a vid of Mel messing up... Here It's around 00:12.

Last edited by retro physical; 02-18-2008 at 04:24 PM
retro physical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I freakin' love the Spice Girls

Baby and Posh are my faves. though Sporty has the best voice. and Mel B has a great personality...I still kinda hold a grudge against Geri..so she's at the bottom

they had like the best styles ever. I bought the babydoll dresses and platforms and stuff because they wore them I had to have them too. I still really want Geri's flag dress

and I LOVE the movie Spice World. I don't care how cheesy that movie is. I just love it tons.

Spice Girls fan forever...I'll always like them.
ash515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy <3 (View Post)
Oh same! I was the best concert ever!

The atmosphere and everything was just so amazing. Everyone was going crazy; singing and yelling. I seriously, couldn't hear or talk for like, two days.

That's so funny.

At the concert at I was at, when they were singing, I can't even remember what song, Mel B messed up a lyric or something and she just started laughing and said, "Sorry!" I thought it was cute.

Oh, and I thought it was adorable when they all brought their kids up on stage!

Edit - I found a vid of Mel messing up... Here It's around 00:12.
Haha that is funny. Only Mel B could mess up a line and totally laugh it off like that without being embarassed.

And wait, they brought their kids up on stage in Chicago, too?! I thought they only did that at the one London show at the O2 Arena. Or is that what you're talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash515
freakin' love the Spice Girls

Baby and Posh are my faves. though Sporty has the best voice. and Mel B has a great personality...I still kinda hold a grudge against Geri..so she's at the bottom
Really, you think Mel C has the best voice? I think she's got a great voice, but live, I'd definately have to go with Emma. For me, I've always thought that Emma's voice stood out the most during the harmonies(probably bc she's the highest) and I think she has the most beautiful voice ever. And they're all great live, but IMO Emma's is the best. Of course, everyone has different opinions.

Quote:
they had like the best styles ever. I bought the babydoll dresses and platforms and stuff because they wore them I had to have them too. I still really want Geri's flag dress

and I LOVE the movie Spice World. I don't care how cheesy that movie is. I just love it tons.

Spice Girls fan forever...I'll always like them.
I love their style, too. Then and now. I secretly hoped that at some point during the concert they'd come out in their old wardrobes with the huge Buffalo shoes and short skirts and pigtails.

And ITA about Spice World. Who cares if it's sorta cheesy? It's also funny as hell! The part where their friend(Nicola) is in labor on their tour bus is amazing!

Geri: Well, I read it in a book. Okay, the first thing to do is... put your legs together!
Mel B: Well that's a bit late! She should have done that nine months ago!
Nicola: Don't make me laugh, please...!
Mel B: Do not make her laugh, else it'll just shoot out like a cannon ball!
Emma: Seriously, what if the baby comes out right now?
Victoria: Well it's not gonna go very far. I mean, look, she's still got her tights on!
Geri: [shouting up Nicola's skirt] Stay up there! We're not ready for you yet!

"They're hot, Chief! They've got fire in their eyes, hunger in their bellies... and great big shoes on their feet!"

ETA: Oh yeah, and speaking of Emma's voice, if you're a fan of hers, you need to watch her video to All I Need To Know. It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Last edited by javajunkie4eva88; 02-18-2008 at 08:40 PM
Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Omg the kids on the stage are soo cute i love the little ones ear muffs

the only thing i guess different/special in my concert was when Mel C jumped she ripped her pants it was really funny and she had to go change she said something like " or else everyone will see my naked ass on youtube tommorow "
Bunny #219 <3
Reply   Post New Thread